Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Hickman so vague about if Harley had challenges if it was reported in the initial report that Harley was autistic?

That’s REALLY important information to include in missing child information.
:mad:

Why was this child just allowed to roam where ever without his parents knowing who he was with or even where he was?

Also, why did Marcus GO to the police station vs calling?

This just makes me have 1,000 more questions.
We know why the description of what he was wearing changed now though. It was initially just the coat but they confirmed D saw him and gave a full description.
What exactly led them back to that house. Remember Chief Hickmans words in the presser. "Led us to the Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat " Pause then the address where he was found stuck in the chimney was given..
I can't find the link to that presser now.
MOO

I don’t think D was mistaken.

It sounded to me like Harley left Js house (they would have been getting ready to leave for the game) and went to Ds to ask to go with them.

I’d guess D had the tickets. Teenagers IME don’t plan a day ahead with this stuff.
J's father said the last time they saw HD was on the Thursday after school when both HD and Deshawn were at James' house, and that HD had left James' house to go home.

I looked up where the 'Cavs' played their home games, and found they're played at 'Gund Arena', at 1 Center Ct, Cleveland, OH 44115, which according to googlemaps, is about 1:20 minutes away from where HD lived. Arriving 'after school' on the same day of the game when the game was to start at 7pm, seems like awfully short time to be asking to go along? There would be time required to park, to make it up to your seats, maybe get there a bit early rather than right on the dot, etc?

A lot of people arrive late to the games bc by the time they get off work, grab kids, etc it’s past game start. I’ve been to dozens of Cav games.
I also don’t think it’s odd that a child who seemingly is avoiding his home to hear that his friend is going and try to tag along.

Teens do this all the time. Their “plans” are often all over the place. Ive been packed up to take my own and one friend somewhere, in the car and suddenly it’s “Ma! Pick up John he wants to come too.” Or the opposite. We were planning on picking someone up and suddenly we’re not. Its the nature of teens (drives me batty).

I don’t think D was mistaken.

It sounded to me like Harley left Js house (they would have been getting ready to leave for the game) and went to Ds to ask to go with them.

I’d guess D had the tickets. Teenagers IME don’t plan a day ahead with this stuff.
When it comes to an 'NBA' game, my guess is that they'd have to plan at least a day ahead. imo.

I looked up where the 'Cavs' played their home games, and found they're played at 'Gund Arena', at 1 Center Ct, Cleveland, OH 44115, which according to googlemaps, is about 1:20 minutes away from where HD lived. Arriving 'after school' on the same day of the game when the game was to start at 7pm, seems like awfully short time to be asking to go along? There would be time required to park, to make it up to your seats, maybe get there a bit early rather than right on the dot, etc?

A lot of people arrive late to the games bc by the time they get off work, grab kids, etc it’s past game start. I’ve been to dozens of Cav games.
I also don’t think it’s odd that a child who seemingly is avoiding his home to hear that his friend is going and try to tag along.

Teens do this all the time. Their “plans” are often all over the place. Ive been packed up to take my own and one friend somewhere, in the car and suddenly it’s “Ma! Pick up John he wants to come too.” Or the opposite. We were planning on picking someone up and suddenly we’re not. Its the nature of teens (drives me batty).
J's father said the last time they saw HD was on the Thursday after school when both HD and Deshawn were at James' house, and that HD had left James' house to go home.

My mistake!

Sure, agreed, but we still can't pull NBA tickets out of our... arse, right?

While this is true... it seems perhaps odd that this 'Deshawn' friend would recall exactly what HD had been wearing when he'd come to the door (reportedly on the Friday after school - the 20th).. but yet we are to believe he 'apparently' mistook which day he'd come to the door?

This brings other questions, such as.. why was HD going to 'Deshawn's' house to ask 'Deshawn' if HD could also attend the game, when it seems to indicate that it was HD's friend James' father who had taken James and Deshawn to the Cavs game. Wouldn't he have instead asked James, and/or James' father if he could also go, rather than just another invitee?? Or did the tickets belong to Deshawn and James' dad was only the driver?

And if it *was* the Thursday after school when this purportedly happened, then why was HD wearing the same clothes as when he was discovered deceased weeks later? If HD had been at home on the Thurs night and then left early in the morning, purportedly for school, why would he have been wearing same clothes as on the Thurs? i know kids can wear same clothes twice, but still seems a bit odd, considering HD's reported propensity to showering multiple times daily, and with the way kids are nowadays about their clothes and etc?

Good points.

Let's say that the friend was correct, he had seen HD after school on Friday, when he asked if he could attend the Cavs game. Perhaps, still not wanting to go home and most likely knowing he would be in trouble for skipping school, he was heading home but decided, for whatever reason, to detour to that empty house? I believe the coroner said he believes he died on the same day he went missing. We are still on Friday 12/20 but this will never be confirmed 100%, IMO. Of course then you wonder what did HD do all day and where was he before showing up to ask about the game? I don't believe he hung out with someone that's unknown to LE and that person never came forward. They would have almost had to skip school as well. This is me assuming he was only "hanging out" with peers his age.

The clothes - again, good points. But who really knows. I'm not in the know regarding claims of excessive showering. I've seen it mentioned a few times here but not sure where it came from.

For me, personally, it puts me back to the friend mistaken the day he last saw him.

I wonder exactly when he was at J’s house on Thursday, and if that timeline would allow H to also stop by D’s - or preclude it? For example, H may have gone home with J right after school on Thursday and stayed there until J’s dad sent him home in the evening. No doubt LE will be piecing that together.

~snip
The report shows Dilly’s parents filed the complaint with Port Clinton officers just before midnight on Saturday, Dec. 21, nearly two days after the 14-year-old was last seen by them at his East 5th Street home.

According to police, the boy’s father said he didn’t file a report earlier because it was not unusual for Dilly to go to school on a Friday and return the following Saturday morning. The parents did not file police reports in those instances.

Before his disappearance, Dilly’s father told police that his son was upset because he broke his phone and demanded that his parents get him a new one. The father also told investigators that Dilly was diagnosed with ADHD and autism, but he never expresses suicidal thoughts, according to the police report.

~snip

A friend of the teenager told police he saw Dilly on Friday afternoon after school when he went to his house to ask about going to a Cleveland Cavaliers game, but the friend did not have any spare tickets.

Officers also checked the homes of Dilly’s ex-girlfriend and other friends based on information given by the boy’s parents, but nobody reported seeing him since his initial disappearance.

~snip

More at link:
Report from Port Clinton police sheds new light on moments leading up to Harley Dilly’s disappearance

According to the police report, Harley's friend states that he saw him Friday after school! Harley asked him if he can go with them to the Cavs game. Maybe the timeline is not correct? Maybe he climbed the roof not at 6:08 am, but late afternoon? It was already pretty dark at 5 pm end of December in Ohio. Somehow that would make more sense to me.
So if mom would have answered or called the school back she could have been out looking for him instead of "donating " to the salvation army. Just my opinion.

I wonder exactly when he was at J’s house on Thursday, and if that timeline would allow H to also stop by D’s - or preclude it? For example, H may have gone home with J right after school on Thursday and stayed there until J’s dad sent him home in the evening. No doubt LE will be piecing that together.
Good catch. The report says that both HD and D were at J's house on the Thursday after school. So why would HD have gone to D's house on that same day to ask if he could also attend the game? Perhaps D is correct is saying it was the Friday after school????

"[J's dad, Mr. Crowe] stated his son [James] is sleeping but advised me that Harley and [D] were with his son on Thursday after school. [Mr. Crowe] advised when he saw Harley last he had stated he was heading home. I asked Mr. Crowe where D lives and he stated Superior Court. Mr. Crowe advised that he took D and his son to a Cavs game on Friday night."

The police report states H & D were both at J Thursday afternoon. They were together after school.
MOO

New details from the report

The newly released police report reveals several details on the initial investigation that were not known until now:

• Harley was first reported missing by his father at the Port Clinton Police Department at 11:50 p.m. Saturday night, over one day after he was last seen.
  • Harley’s father reported him missing because he was concerned about the length of time his son had been gone from home.
  • Harley was with several of his friends Thursday night.
  • On the morning of the day Harley was last seen, he tried to stay home from school and told his mother he didn’t feel well.
  • Before Harley went missing, he had broken his phone and was angry because he parents would not get him a new one.
  • Harley was living with ADHD and autism, according to his father.
Police report gives new details on Harley Dilly's disappearance

So if mom would have answered or called the school back she could have been out looking for him instead of "donating " to the salvation army. Just my opinion.
What is the reference to 'salvation army' about? Sorry I've missed that?!

Good catch. The report says that both HD and D were at J's house on the Thursday after school. So why would HD have gone to D's house on that same day to ask if he could also attend the game? Perhaps D is correct is saying it was the Friday after school????

"[J's dad, Mr. Crowe] stated his son [James] is sleeping but advised me that Harley and [D] were with his son on Thursday after school. [Mr. Crowe] advised when he saw Harley last he had stated he was heading home. I asked Mr. Crowe where D lives and he stated Superior Court. Mr. Crowe advised that he took D and his son to a Cavs game on Friday night."
Actually.. maybe it *does* make sense still that D was mistaken about it having been the Friday, rather than the Thursday, when HD came to his door to ask if he could also attend the game? - If HD was at his friend James' house along with D after school on the Thursday, perhaps later, after hearing after school about how the two boys would be going to the game the next evening, and once both HD and D had left James' house, HD went to D's house to ask if he could also go. But then again, D did say it had been 'after school', and James' dad reported that both boys had been at James' house 'after school' on the Thursday. Hmm.

Last edited:
New details from the report

The newly released police report reveals several details on the initial investigation that were not known until now:

• Harley was first reported missing by his father at the Port Clinton Police Department at 11:50 p.m. Saturday night, over one day after he was last seen.
  • Harley’s father reported him missing because he was concerned about the length of time his son had been gone from home.
  • Harley was with several of his friends Thursday night.
  • On the morning of the day Harley was last seen, he tried to stay home from school and told his mother he didn’t feel well.
  • Before Harley went missing, he had broken his phone and was angry because he parents would not get him a new one.
  • Harley was living with ADHD and autism, according to his father.
Police report gives new details on Harley Dilly's disappearance
I imagine Harley would have been busted for skipping school. NO?
MOO

Reactions: osu
If D is correct about Harley coming over after school on Friday, where was Harley all day long on Friday? What if he was at the house after having gotten in through an open door or window? Hangs out all day, leaves as if nothing happened and goes to check with his friend about going to Cavs game. Although I will say that I don’t remember D’s name mentioned before at all, so I don’t know if they were very good friends. The obituary states he has 3 best friends - James, Daniel and Junior. So D could be the last person to see Harley alive if his story is accurate. Speculation by me. View HARLEY DILLY's Obituary on cleveland.com and share memories

Actually.. maybe it *does* make sense still that D was mistaken about it having been the Friday, rather than the Thursday, when HD came to his door to ask if he could also attend the game? - If HD was at his friend James' house along with D after school on the Thursday, perhaps later, after hearing after school about how the two boys would be going to the game the next evening, and once both HD and D had left James' house, HD went to D's house to ask if he could also go. But then again, D did say it had been 'after school', and James' dad reported that both boys had been at James' house 'after school' on the Thursday. Hmm.

I think if police thought D was mistaken about when he saw Harley, they wouldn't have used D's description of the clothing he was wearing to update the national missing information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa