The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading this article about the security and was wondering if it is a UK police officers who are protecting them, how does that work for their own family life like how much notice did they get, if they have a family do they move their family over to Vancouver etc. even though its not 100% for certain thats where they'll be as they haven't bought a house as far as we're aware. I hope that the personal lives of others are being considered in this move
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: guards include British police | Daily Mail Online

The Duchess of Sussex, 38, looked at her radiant best as she took baby Archie and her dogs for a walk through Horth Hill Regional Park, near the £10million [$14million] mansion where she and Harry, 35, are staying.

The trails of the a 35-acre hilltop park are popular with hikers, dog walkers and horse riders and are the perfect place for Meghan to stay active while getting out in the fresh air.
How Meghan Markle is keeping fit in Canada with family walks in the great outdoors | Daily Mail Online

Every report I’ve read claims the park is near MM’s estate or a couple mi from the estate.

Harry and Meghan issue media warning over photos
So apparently she wasn’t smiling at the cameras whilst walking her dogs.
From your link: Wow, considering PH just arrived in Canada, this is a super fast reaction.
How on earth can anyone prevent being photographed during a walk?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued a legal warning to the media after photographs of Meghan in Canada were published in newspapers and on websites.

Lawyers say the photos of the duchess walking her dogs and carrying her son were taken by photographers hiding in bushes and spying on her.

They say she did not consent and accuse the photographers of harassment.

The couple say that they are prepared to take legal action.

Harry and Meghan issue media warning over photos
So apparently she wasn’t smiling at the cameras whilst walking her dogs

Long lenses taking photos on private property- completely not on
Taking photos while someone is in a public place- fair game

I don't think we saw a single photo of them in the UK walking their dog which I'm sure they did themselves every day or at least several times a week but were probably able to use the sprawling grounds of Windsor for privacy.
I think they ain't seen nothing yet in terms of papparazzi, they were one of many RF members and celebs in London/Windsor but are probably the most internationally known people in Vancouver (open to correction)

Unless they threaten their safety they should learn to ignore them like most of the celebrities seem to do. Get used to being on the front page of every mag in the checkout line of supermarkets across North America with ridiculous stories claiming inside information. As usual PH over -reacts and loses his temper. Just what media likes.... Paps are everywhere. He can't fight all the newspapers in the world and he definitely can't do anything about FB or Twitter.Before long the residents of that private enclave will be begging them to leave - their lives will be disrupted too.

Long lenses taking photos on private property- completely not on
Taking photos while someone is in a public place- fair game

I don't think we saw a single photo of them in the UK walking their dog which I'm sure they did themselves every day or at least several times a week but were probably able to use the sprawling grounds of Windsor for privacy.
I think they ain't seen nothing yet in terms of papparazzi, they were one of many RF members and celebs in London/Windsor but are probably the most internationally known people in Vancouver (open to correction)

I'm guessing they have different opinions on paparazzi.

This seems very odd, too. Doria Ragland is the new version of Princess Diana. Ok, if you say so.

Prince Harry looks to Meghan Markle's mother for support | Daily Mail Online

They had plenty of privacy to go out in the UK, they were seen eating out at pubs frequently. When they lived in the Cotswolds they were seen regularly at The Hollow Bottom, the pub where Ph hung out with friends before marriage. They were never molested or bothered by reporters or locals. Here is one example from the Windsor area, I could come up with many more-
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Spotted Casually Hanging Out in Local Pub With Baby Archie

From your link: Wow, considering PH just arrived in Canada, this is a super fast reaction.
How on earth can anyone prevent being photographed during a walk?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued a legal warning to the media after photographs of Meghan in Canada were published in newspapers and on websites.

Lawyers say the photos of the duchess walking her dogs and carrying her son were taken by photographers hiding in bushes and spying on her.

They say she did not consent and accuse the photographers of harassment.

The couple say that they are prepared to take legal action.

Well, well, well

Threatening to sue over photos in a public park.?

You can’t sue yourself into respect. And a barrage of law suits is just going to backfire on them spectacularly.

It’s all about managing the press, not trying to sue them out of existence. Canadians are going to get tired of this and the drama created for no reason at all.

The Duchess of Sussex, 38, looked at her radiant best as she took baby Archie and her dogs for a walk through Horth Hill Regional Park, near the £10million [$14million] mansion where she and Harry, 35, are staying.

The trails of the a 35-acre hilltop park are popular with hikers, dog walkers and horse riders and are the perfect place for Meghan to stay active while getting out in the fresh air.
How Meghan Markle is keeping fit in Canada with family walks in the great outdoors | Daily Mail Online

Every report I’ve read claims the park is near MM’s estate or a couple mi from the estate.

It is 4km from house to park, I think that would be about 2.5 miles. And just saying there are waaayyy more people "walking their dogs" and "hiking" than there used to be in the area (very local poster here!).

Does anyone think we should have a separate thread for Harry and Meghan? So people who want to solely discuss them can contribute there?

How do we ask guys?

ETA reported my post and asked.

Last edited:
Vancouver is very very expensive. Security is not going to be able to afford to live there unless they get a huge bump in salary
They don’t deserve a payrise if they didn’t warn Meghan that there was press in the bushes in front of her. Luckily it was a photographer this time that wasn’t spotted, could have been worse! All said tongue in cheek.

I heard a report on BBC Scotland radio today which said 73% of Canadians and not happy to be picking up the security bill.

Do you think they will announce soon they will be paying for their own security?!
73% Canadians don't want to fund Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

I believe BP said they don’t discuss security.

I’m sure Charles is paying for it with his own investments while they transition into new location and needs?

It not like there’s a lack of funds.

It’s all about managing the press, not trying to sue them out of existence. Canadians are going to get tired of this and the drama created for no reason at all.

Theres a documentary about the PR for the RF that says theres an agreement not to pap them constantly in exchange for photo ops like for example the Cambridge's first day of school, there could be a photographer near that school every day getting a photo of them on the school run but theres not, you occasionally see a photo of Kate driving back into Kensington but they don't seem to often do it.

If the Sussex's are that against the media as a whole I can't see them making an agreement for occasional shots and I think they'll be papped a lot if they don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt