Looking for podcast recommendations

CBC Hunting Warhead

Hunting Warhead follows the journalists and police on a global mission to expose the darkest corners of the internet.

** Warning - child sexual abuse

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podcasts/387-hunting-warhead

I am finally listening to this. I held off for quite some time due to the subject matter. It is very, very intense. Very hard to listen to. But the way they managed to delve into this horrific topic is truly exceptional. As a society we need to understand this terrible aspect of humanity.

I admire the people who participated in this podcast (obviously not the abusers though).

I am finally listening to this. I held off for quite some time due to the subject matter. It is very, very intense. Very hard to listen to. But the way they managed to delve into this horrific topic is truly exceptional. As a society we need to understand this terrible aspect of humanity.

I admire the people who participated in this podcast (obviously not the abusers though).

ITA

Thanks, but someone on reddit compiled it. I wish I knew who it was so I could give proper credit. I noticed Over My Dead Body isn’t on there and I really liked that one.

Someone up-thread suggested Your Own Backyard about the Kristen Smart case - wow- that is a really great podcast!!!

I went back to look at my previous lists here and I now have a few to add that I have listened to in the past few months. Each of these is a deep dive into a single case.

Paradise - this is by the BBC - excellent, in-depth journalism and an amazing story about a young couple from the UK who went missing in Guatemala. (This one is probably in my top five all-time favorite podcasts).

Confronting OJ Simpson - I wasn't sure I would enjoy this but I was pleasantly surprised- its by Ron Goldman's sister and she interviews a LOT of people involved in the case, including two jurors. I think its a very balanced exploration of the case that reveals small details I've never heard before.

Frozen Lies - pretty dark, but interesting - an Australian investigative journalist digs into a murder and network of pedophiles

Missing Crypto Queen -investigation into a financial scam involving crypto currency

Urge to Kill - digs into the murder of Kaylee Sawyer

Incel - digging into this subculture

Secrets True Crime - plugging this one again- she is doing a new case this season - the unsolved murder of Eric Cates and his dog Gypsy - interesting story and she has a calm, soothing voice

A Perfect Storm - exploring the case of the baby Azaria Chamberlain who was taken from a tent by a dingo in Australia

American Jihadi - investigating the story of Omar Hammani

Ok that's enough for now... enjoy...

Last edited:
For those of you follow the Colonial Parkway Murders, check out "Mind Over Murder," a new true crime podcast from Colonial Parkway Murders victim advocates Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley.

We have had more than 10,000 downloads of our new “Mind Over Murder” true crime podcast in our first 3 weeks.

Here are a few links.

Apple Podcasts: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mind-over-murder/id1494058129

Google Podcasts: www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8xMWJlMGI0OC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw==

Spotify: open.spotify.com/show/2jl4P567AGYJkg8XHkuw32

Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/mind-over-murder

Hope you will check it out.

Thank you for your support.

Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley, Hosts, “Mind Over Murder” podcast

Court Junkie and Casefile are my two favorite podcasts. I like no nonsense and no hamming it up. Does anybody know of any other podcasts similar that are not that heralded.

I'm finishing one called "Maddie" about Madeleine McCann...I thought I knew quite a bit about this case, but turns out I didn't. He talks to major players including the Portugese Police Inspector that was taken off the case. Check it out.

I listen in the dark in my bed to go to sleep for the night. I can’t do quiet.
Being near-sided, constantly adjusting my glasses and watching the room lightening tv is over. Yay!
Me too - put my earphones in and drift off. I also listen on my commute to and from work. Love true crime podcasts.

Ok, coming back with more. I don't think I saw these listed so far (might be one or two duplicates).

I have so many to list here, I am not going to put summaries of them.

My main criteria for liking a podcast are that the voice of the narrator does not hurt my ears, and the case(s) they cover are interesting. I am ok with beginner podcasts where the production is not fancy as long as the case is good. The list below meet my criteria.

These are all single case poscasts:

The Lady Vanishes
Case Closed
Faded out - season 1 and 2 focus on two different cases
Death in Ice Valley
Gangster Capitalism
The Ballad of Billy Balls
Dear Franklin Jones
Shattered
Problem Child
Root of Evil
Maddie
Route 29 Stalker
Bomber
The Teacher's Pet
13: The Search for Leigh Occi
- podcast continues with new title: 13:2 Down in Mississippi
The Drop Out
Without Warning
Secrets True Crime
Unconcluded

Multiple Case Podcasts:

Locations Unknown
Survival
Mysteriously Missing
Unfound

Roof of Evil was Excellent!

I have recently been listening to True Blue Crime podcast. They cover mostly Australian true crime but I think they do a wonderful job of researching the crimes they cover and present the episode in a clear, concise and interesting fashion. If you are looking for a good podcast to listen to this is a one to consider. I just listened to the Wanda Beach murders and learned something I had never heard before about the evidence found by the officers searching the area. Kind regards.

Just finished Hunting Warhead...it was awesome! I would warn anyone that it does have child sexual abuse and some were a bit graphic. Still it was the good guys against a bad guy and the good guys won.

Starting to listen to Murder Was the Case. Very interesting. Hosted by Dr. Lee Mellor, a criminologist, who has vast amounts of information about the deviants and what they do. Not for the faint of heart. Could be described as gruesome I suppose.

I host True Crime Queen podcast and would greatly appreciative if others would give it a try! I do use adult language, so beware for that but I really try to be as thoroughly researched as possible and very careful not to offend victims or their loved ones.

Will listen tonight. I appreciate well researched material.

I host True Crime Queen podcast and would greatly appreciative if others would give it a try! I do use adult language, so beware for that but I really try to be as thoroughly researched as possible and very careful not to offend victims or their loved ones.

As I said I would I listened to two episodes of True Crime queen, episode 15 (Edmund Kemper) and episode 16 (Cowden Family Murders). I enjoyed both a great deal. Presented logically and coherently. I thought it well researched. The adult language was there as you stated. It doesn't bother me, I served in the Navy so I found it tame, but others be warned. I can recommend this podcast wholeheartedly.

I recently began listening to Big Mad True Crime hosted by Heather Ashley and it is such a great podcast! Dives right into each episode-no nonsense, banter or small talk! The host, Heather Ashley, is extremely thorough in her research and presents each case in a clear & engaging way. Her voice is the kind that will get you hooked! What makes it unique is how brutally honest she is and actually says out loud what we are all thinking- which is so refreshing!! The first 5 or so episodes go all in on the Chris Watts case. I have heard many different podcast episodes on this case and WOW! I was blown away by the details and coverage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back