The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were supposed to be getting apartment 1 at Kensington Palace at one point before allegedly deciding they didn’t want to live there.

Can I just say, the entitlement mentality is epic? Sure wish someone had offered me a free house, with money to fix it up. Sigh.

"No, I don't like this tiara, I want that one.". I wish!

My personal opinion is that Meghan didn't want to live in Frogmore cottage. Even "fixed up". It is still the "Servants Quarters".

Frogmore Cottage - Wikipedia

Compared to Frogmore House

Frogmore House - Wikipedia

I am not sure that makes sense. Weren’t they offered an apartment in Buckingham Palace? But chose Frogmore instead?

From all I’ve read about her life in Toronto it was pretty modest.

If Meghan were really after the money and glitz she could have chosen differently. If she were really that kind of social climber, Harry could have been a stepping stone on a resume of wealthy catches.

While I have my reservations about her, and them choosing to give up a certainty like royal life and chance it, it all seems a whole lot more complex.

I suspect it was lonesome and isolating at Frogmore, and within the confines of a royal life that Harry especially was disenchanted with, but wholly without the courage to break away on his own.

And the press, the public beat down of not conforming, living up to the taxpayers expectations, was totally discouraging.

So, part of what I think is happening is they are going back to the place where they felt happy and free to see if they can make it work.

It may or may not work but there’s only one way to find out...

Jmo

This is why the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are going to run into problems with each deal they do and it is going to cause so much damaging PR to the monarchy. It will get so bad that Her Majesty, Prince Charles and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Buckingham Palace are going to shut them down. It is not going to work out.

So, I guess that the "Burger King" gig is out?! :p

Burger King, Budweiser Offer Prince Harry New Royal Duties

I have never been on a WS thread that shied from diagnosing the suspect (criminal cases) as narcissistic, psycho or sociopath. I wondered how one would know if a person suffers from such conditions but reached the conclusion many are capable of diagnosing based on the crime (I guess). I’m unable to, personally.
If you are referring to PH &/or MM, Harry has stated
he suffers from mental health issues & is concerned about MM’s mental health. Moo

Prince Harry fast-tracked plans as he feared his wife would have a 'meltdown' | Daily Mail Online

link claims PH feared MM would experience “meltdown”.....

this link is informative as well:

Meghan Markle's Concern About Prince Harry's Mental Health Revealed: Why Doing This One Thing Is 'Damaging'

Yes, I don’t think anyone is making a diagnosis nor judgment, it’s simply observation.

Royally entertaining! HBO turns catty fake Prince George Instagram into an animated series about the ROYALS -
including Harry and Meghan - created by Family Guy writer Gary Janetti

23695340-7913181-Stay_tuned_A_new_animated_comedy_series_based_on_the_royal_famil-a-31_1579643268573.jpg

• The Prince, from 20th Century Fox, is coming to the HBO streaming service
    • It's based on Janetti's satirical version of six-year-old Prince George, who features heavily on his Instagram page
    • Janetti's George is sassy and snarky and makes fun of his family
    • The Family Guy writer will voice Prince George, while Orlando Bloom has signed on to play the role of Prince Harry
    • Other stars include Alan Cumming, Condola Rashad, Lucy Punch, Tom Hollander, Frances De La Tour, and Iwan Rheon

New animated series about the ROYALS from Gary Janetti is coming to HBO Max | Daily Mail Online

IMO living in NA is going to be tough for PH - press problems, financial stress (independence), MM’s royal branding and online promotions, MM’s acting.career. How could he think media problems would disappear? Where/who are his friends/support in Canada? What is PH going to do - hobbies, work, fun? Guess I need not worry about someone else’s problem, eh?

This is why the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are going to run into problems with each deal they do and it is going to cause so much damaging PR to the monarchy. It will get so bad that Her Majesty, Prince Charles and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Buckingham Palace are going to shut them down. It is not going to work out.

I love the ads. They are tastefully done with a product from the UK.

Very wholesome!

He says he drinks milk in an ad that looks like he should ve chugging some kind of booze. I am very impressed

Deleted - couldn’t find a link

Last edited:
I saw numerous references to concern for someone’s well-being but not much else, certainly not accusations of narcissistic behavior or labeling someone as a doormat.

What goes on in other threads is just as wrong and some complain. Those threads are typically about criminal behavior and that may lead to the name-calling. I would love if we could avoid the name-calling here and others would too.

Thank you for listening.

IMHO

I love your post, v eloquently put IMO.

I get tired of seeing "narcissist". It's become a lazy buzz word as far as I can see, just thrown around willy-nilly.

I saw numerous references to concern for someone’s well-being but not much else, certainly not accusations of narcissistic behavior or labeling someone as a doormat.

What goes on in other threads is just as wrong and some complain. Those threads are typically about criminal behavior and that may lead to the name-calling. I would love if we could avoid the name-calling here and others would too.

Thank you for listening.

IMHO
BBM

On the many threads I’ve been on, we have been told in no uncertain terms not to label people with negative names or even nickname them using their own name. I would think the same would apply here with “narcissist” and “doormat,” etc.
JMO MOO

Also, pathetic timing again from the sessex's. As Catherine begins a new project, her biggest yet it's being called - the Instagram account releases photos and info of Meghan going to a patronage .

Yeah, because that had to be released about an hour before Catherine starts her day . And we all know it's not the first time

Here’s Why the Queen Has a Labrador Mascot on the Hood of Her Range Rover

“We did some digging and it turns out that both the Queen and the Royal Family have a strange obsession with this type of car ornaments. They’re called car mascots and the entire fam gets them from a foundry in England called Louis LeJeune.

The foundry was set up in 1910, when it went by a slightly different name, AE Lejeune (AEL). In 1933, it was renamed to Louis LeJeune and it has been in business ever since.

The mascot spotted more recently is a bronze Labrador with a pheasant in its mouth. Which makes sense. The second thing the Queen is famous for after her love of cars is her love of dogs, Corgis and Labradors in particular. With a chrome finish, the ornament is placed on the hood and can be changed with another mascot from HM’s impressive collection, should she desire it.”

Here’s Why the Queen Has a Labrador Mascot on the Hood of Her Range Rover

BDEA29A8-76B6-4D84-9652-7C734F49339B.jpeg A71C62FA-04B7-4703-91DA-B4FA4D0ECB48.jpeg D3043B97-DFB1-467B-881F-BAF9A632468E.jpeg

Hope it’s ok to post this royal article from a car website I visit. I found it interesting.

Meghan Markle loses NINTH member of staff who lead Sussex Royal foundation

"The diversity campaigner is leaving to become the CEO of water company Belu.
She has been in the director’s job a matter of months, after she was poached from William and Kate’s Royal Foundation last August."

Sounds like a big step up in terms of responsibility and also the H&M job has changed considerably now that they've stepped down and moved country. I hope that anyone else who is unhappy with the change in work and country is as successful finding a great job, I hope their staff was all given lots of notice of the change and has a chance to work remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member