CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could answers be coming in Kristin Smart's disappearance?
rbbm.
''Lambert said a few people he has encountered have criticized the Sheriff’s Office for having tunnel vision, focusing on one suspect.

“As I hope I made it clear in the podcast, there is just such overwhelming circumstantial evidence in this case,” Lambert said. “I don’t think they focused on the wrong suspect and I don’t think they had tunnel vision. I think there were many, many things that pointed to this person.”

Lambert has shared some of his findings with the Sheriff’s Office, and after past interview requests were denied, his next podcast, the seventh in the series, due for release later this month or early next month, will be a sit-down with two San Luis Obispo County sheriff’s detectives.

“It’s probably imminently going to break I would say within a month,” Denise said. “Something’s going to happen.”

rbbm.
''Lambert said a few people he has encountered have criticized the Sheriff’s Office for having tunnel vision, focusing on one suspect.

“As I hope I made it clear in the podcast, there is just such overwhelming circumstantial evidence in this case,” Lambert said. “I don’t think they focused on the wrong suspect and I don’t think they had tunnel vision. I think there were many, many things that pointed to this person.”

Lambert has shared some of his findings with the Sheriff’s Office, and after past interview requests were denied, his next podcast, the seventh in the series, due for release later this month or early next month, will be a sit-down with two San Luis Obispo County sheriff’s detectives.

“It’s probably imminently going to break I would say within a month,” Denise said. “Something’s going to happen.”
Within a month? OMG that's way too long. Talk about opening a can of....

The wording “this is really going to be something you don’t expect” makes me think they have another suspect altogether. Maybe someone confessed, took them to where they disposed of the body and it was NOT Paul Flores. That would be something she didn’t expect.
I was thinking the same thing. Someone from the party maybe or someone never known to police.

What could be the unexpected ....
1.) That she was alive or alive for a period time after her disappearance held captive or human trafficking
2.) A connection between Kristin and Scott Peterson was found valid.

If it was Paul he is either already in custody as that LE would not make such an announcement fearing he would run.

Hopefully will hear soon enough!
Scott Peterson connection?

All conjecture - but I have to wonder if evidence has led them to someone high profile as being the prime suspect, i.e. a politician, celebrity, etc. And this is why they want them to be protected from the media . I know it's not out of the realm of possibility but I just don't think she's alive. All MOO

It sounds like this was not necessarily what the FBI said since it was not in a press release or statement directly from them. It is someone paraphrasing a conversation and then a reporter reporting that. My worst fear is that it could be a hoax (although I would assume that would get cleared up once there was media coverage). I do not believe it implies in any way that she is alive - all MOO.
Ugh, I hope this is not a hoax.

ETA Did FBI talk to mom in person?

What a strange message from the FBI. Or is it possible that's what they always tell a family when they uncover some news and we just never hear it?

I think it's odd, as well. I thought LE/FBI tells the family the "news" before it becomes public... not tell them to "prepare for news that is likely to be forthcoming". I mean, LE usually says "here's the info we have and this is what we're doing" instead it almost sounds like they are preparing the family for information someone else might be releasing. Puzzling.

There looks to be a direct quote from the mother.

(Snip)
Kristin’s mother, Denise Smart, said she recently has been contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and told to be ready for a development that might bring closure to her 23-year nightmare. Denise said she was told by authorities, “Be ready. This is really going to be something you don’t expect. We want to give you the support you need.”

The FBI also suggested she secure a family spokesperson and the family “might want to get away for a while.” What the FBI didn’t say is when this development might be announced.

(Snip)
Kristin’s mother, Denise Smart, said she recently has been contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and told to be ready for a development that might bring closure to her 23-year nightmare. Denise said she was told by authorities, “Be ready. This is really going to be something you don’t expect. We want to give you the support you need.”

The FBI also suggested she secure a family spokesperson and the family “might want to get away for a while.” What the FBI didn’t say is when this development might be announced.

Again, this wording is so strange. And why why why would they call and say this and not provide the info?? That's anxiety inducing just to read, I can't imagine how the family is feeling. MOO

It has been days now since it came out to prepare for news. I wonder if the family has the news now and is hunkered down. When will the public be made aware?
Yes, when?!!!

Slo County LE is pretty much silent during investigations, Nancy Woodrum's murder is a good example. Crickets, until they held a pressor after arresting Flores (Ha, same last name).

I think this was posted earlier but the article makes it sound like it's not a hoax. Also the family is standing by their original comments. I posted some qoutes below that stood out to me. Maybe there's a bigger plan that's in motion and the family is aware?

"A working FBI representative said any new announcements would come from the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office."

"The sheriff's office was not available Monday for immediate comment."

"However, John Segale, who says he is the spokesperson for the Smart family, said they are standing by what was written."

Former FBI agent weighs in on potential new developments in Kristin Smart case

My first thought is there’s been some sort of connection made through Parabon/genealogy/DNA, perhaps on a UID, or even a suspect, which seems to be the case as of lately in other cases when there is suddenly news in an old case, but that doesn’t seem to fit with the strange message??

What a strange message / BBM:

(Snip)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member