Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. Idk if elaboration was intentionally omitted or if the witness didn’t actually see the person get in, maybe assuming both doors closed since car drove away.
Hopefully in a couple weeks we will learn a few new deets.
I haven't been on this thread for awhile, has anyone questioned the viewpoint of this woman driving by? ie was the car parked perpendicular to the normally parked cars parked so that someone driving by would see the passenger side? It's hard to tell from that paragraph which way the "Magen" car was parked, but it must have been with the passenger side out or the reporting driver would not have seen that side well.

I haven't been on this thread for awhile, has anyone questioned the viewpoint of this woman driving by? ie was the car parked perpendicular to the normally parked cars parked so that someone driving by would see the passenger side? It's hard to tell from that paragraph which way the "Magen" car was parked, but it must have been with the passenger side out or the reporting driver would not have seen that side well.

I asked about this recently but can’t recall if it was answered. @UnderstandBlue might know, she’s local.
Iirc the witness & MF’s car used the same exit but that does not mean the vehicle was pointed towards the exit. Moo

I asked about this recently but can’t recall if it was answered. @UnderstandBlue might know, she’s local.
Iirc the witness & MF’s car used the same exit but that does not mean the vehicle was pointed towards the exit. Moo

So in the AA, the witness states that MF's car exited east, via the S. 1st exit, after having been sort of tracked entering the front of the complex from William Cannon, captured heading north along the side of the complex before turning right, heading east along the back to double park behind parked cars between 7 & 8. Since it just states that the witness was driving through the back of the complex in that same area, the *safest* assumption is that she was traveling in the same direction. The exception to that would be if, as I've seen with my own eyes, the S. 1st gate, which is supposed to be exit only, was open that day and not just functioning as an exit gate - and maybe the witness entered that way and drove west along the back. It's a safer, easier exit from the complex, as S. 1st has a light, and Wm. Cannon is really busy. Exiting on Wm. Cannon would force you to turn right and then turn around to go left, so my assumption is she was also heading towards the exit on S. 1st and passed the events she described. Not certain, and not stated, just my assumption of the likelier of the two. She also could have been heading west along the back from her residence to go to the office for mail, etc.

Either direction would give her a great view of the events she described, and you'd need to drive slowly, as there are a ton of cars parked there, potentially backing out and it's not that wide - so to pass the double parked car in question, you'd be going VERY slowly if headed east, because you'd be driving around the car into potential oncoming traffic if MF's car was parked behind the row of cars closest to the buildings.

Now that I type that out, maybe she was studying the scene in such detail because it *would* be annoying to drive around a double parked car into potential oncoming traffic during what was a normal time to be headed to work. I'm sure there would have been empty spots available for MF. Thank goodness for that annoyance, I guess.

[...] It's hard to tell from that paragraph which way the "Magen" car was parked, but it must have been with the passenger side out or the reporting driver would not have seen that side well.

Based on the witness' description, the passenger door was not out - it was on the building side, as the car was pointed east and exited east.

@UnderstandBlue thank you! Idk what we’d do without you! I wonder if the morning rush in the parking lot was about over by 9ish?
Our rush hour lasts for centuries LOL. Wm. Cannon and the adjacent highways would still be at a standstill, but maybe the apartment complex would be quieter at 9 than at 8. But also, likely more empty spaces then as a result, so a double parked car might stand out for that reason as well.

Our rush hour lasts for centuries LOL. Wm. Cannon and the adjacent highways would still be at a standstill, but maybe the apartment complex would be quieter at 9 than at 8. But also, likely more empty spaces then as a result, so a double parked car might stand out for that reason as well.

So I know you're discussing the observers route but this brings me to this question : are you staying that no matter which direction the driver of the "getaway death car" took, they would likely have been in heavy traffic with multiple stops/creeping along?

So I know you're discussing the observers route but this brings me to this question : are you staying that no matter which direction the driver of the "getaway death car" took, they would likely have been in heavy traffic with multiple stops/creeping along?
Sounds like morning traffic any city USA, lol.
I think if the car was is stop n go traffic, it was not a prob. I don’t think HB knew she was in trouble right away and possibly much, much later or many miles later. Had she antipathy trouble, she would have never entered the car. Moo

The route I believe they took - north on 35 to 71 E to 21 E to 290 E would have been extraordinarily slow in the short stretch north on 35 to 71 (the back ways to 71 via S. 1st or Congress are not really faster) - but only 10-20 minutes. Once you're on 71, it's all good except for a little congestion around the airport. My belief on the route is just based on being a frequent traveler to Houston.

I don’t think HB knew she was in trouble right away and possibly much, much later or many miles later. Had she antipathy trouble, she would have never entered the car. Moo

I agree with you. I'd hop in my best friend's car with no hesitation and do whatever. Really can't even comprehend feeling endangered with a close friend. Epic tragedy for that reason.

I agree with you. I'd hop in my best friend's car with no hesitation and do whatever. Really can't even comprehend feeling endangered with a close friend. Epic tragedy for that reason.

Exactly. I can’t count the times I was super busy outside & a friend drives in, I end up sitting in his vehicle. If he did start the engine, maybe to move to shade or exit to go on a beer run or whatever, I was never frantic, even when I did not expect to leave. As we pulled out of drive I would ask “where we heading”, at most.

I firmly believe we will never know what MF/HB might have intended to do. MF is the only one that can tell us & she’s apt to come up with some ridiculous story. Just because SC didn’t know HB planned to see MF does not mean HB was not expecting her. At no point in my marriage was I able to contact my husband to discuss trite things, he was far too busy running our biz. Also, a lot of jobs have restrictions regarding phone use. Stands to reason a moving company would expect an employee to give 100% attention as they’d deal with large, oftentimes expensive items as well as driving large trucks. Moo

eta: Search continues after Austin woman and 3-week-old baby mysteriously disappear
Shane Carey says he spoke to his fiancée around 7:40 am, just before he got into his truck for his job with Unicorn Moving.

*So it appears SC did not do personal calls during his work shift, imo.
Another point, 7:40-9:00 offered HB time to talk to MF w/o SC’s knowledge.
I think the breastfeeding convo did not happen & it was more like a “I’m on my way, need to talk to you” convo, with HB telling MF she’d be home around 9ish. Moo

Last edited:
Snip

Carey later wrote a status update addressing all of his family's well-wishers.

'I want to send a heartfelt thank you for all the love, prayers and support throughout this incredibly difficult time,' he stated. 'It has been hard for me to put my thoughts into words sooner, as my mind has been racing trying to make some sense of this nightmare.

'I appreciate everything everyone has done, and still doing, for me and my family. Please continue to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers, especially remember Heidi and her overwhelming love of life and her children.

'Heidi would want you to think of her and her goofy ways and ability to laugh throughout every situation. I’m sorry I haven’t thanked you all personally but this whole ordeal has been overwhelming!'

The grief-stricken fiance and single father-of-three has since shared multiple photos depicting Heidi and their children during happier times.
Fiance of Heidi Broussard who was murdered for her baby thanks supporters | Daily Mail Online

I hate to be a bother, but does anyone happen to have a link to a PDF of the full AA?

It's a bit confusing: there are actually two full AA -- one for abuse of corpse, and one for both kidnapping charges. Several other docs were released together when the court seal was not renewed by investigators, and we tried to get them all in the media thread. :)

Just jumping in to bump Tricia's post from earlier this week.

HEY EVERYONE,
WE NEED YOUR HELP! IT'S FREE AND TAKES JUST A FEW SECONDS!
CLICK HERE AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k
We are past the halfway mark. We need 1000 subscribers before we can go live with something called "Smart Chat". Using Smart Chat to broadcast live will help Websleuths continue to operate.
Right now at Websleuths youtube, we have the latest Websleuths Radio Podcast with Leigh Egan from Crimeoneline.com Leigh updates us on the Heidi Broussard case, Paighton Houston and so much more.
Click on the link and hit the "Subscribe" button and help Websleuths.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads