Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Very possible—but what is the likelihood it was someone that would harm him and cover it so well?

Has there been any discussion about security footage from inside the bars he was at with friends and what his demeanor was like?

@cb73 I’ve come to believe he left in a car as well.

As for the likelihood it was someone who harmed him and covered it well: all it would take is for the person to drive him away. No one is searching the SF Bay for example, or Seattle, or LA, or Arizona, etc. AH merely had to be driven away from Sacramento and harmed, and there is no reason at this point that he would have been found.

Once in a car, no scent to trace, cell phone turned off or dead, and he could be anywhere.

Quite scary and discouraging to think about actually.

MOO.

@cb73 I’ve come to believe he left in a car as well.

As for the likelihood it was someone who harmed him and covered it well: all it would take is for the person to drive him away. No one is searching the SF Bay for example, or Seattle, or LA, or Arizona, etc. AH merely had to be driven away from Sacramento and harmed, and there is no reason at this point that he would have been found.

Once in a car, no scent to trace, cell phone turned off or dead, and he could be anywhere.

Quite scary and discouraging to think about actually.

MOO.
Very true, and very scary.

You know what I find amazing, is in a world where your cell phone is king and goes everywhere you go, so many of these missing people leave without their homes, or like Alex left with a phone that had all but run out of juice. IMO

I'm totally bothered by this. They've scanned all (or hopefully most) of the available video footage that would have shown him walking on his way to the bike trail. They never found any evidence he walked there.

But they're immediately leaping to "he must be someone on the trail."

If there's no evidence he GOT to the trail, how do you assume he was there?
Exactly.

Two things may have affected this conclusion - 1) his phone pinged a couple of blocks away between 2:30 and 3:00. 2) the dogs hit in an area close to where they had the huge search this weekend.

My problem with both of those things is that the phone could have been in a car when it pinged or anywhere within the "ping" area. And the problem with the dogs' hit is that he traveled that area frequently. Now, there is a case to be made about how long a scent remains but Alex has been all over that area so it's not a reliable hit IMO.

Last edited:
My opinion only:

He walked out of his apartment and within a block or so (no cameras right there) got into someone's car.
I've had a lot of experience with the crazy things young men do at all hours of the night and day - not by choice, btw.

The bars were closed when he left. He had been at home for three hours by the time he left. If he had wanted to go back to the bars, he would have gone a lot earlier.

He obviously wasn't ready to call it a night so he was looking for something else to do. What do kids do while they're looking for something to do? They hit up all their friends on their phones, which is probably why his was dead.

My theory is that he finally found someone who wanted to hang out and that person picked him up. He might have been picked up at his apartment or very near. That is the only way I can reconcile him leaving his place with a nearly dead phone.

And we don't know anything about his phone usage early that morning because the police have not designated it a "criminal investigation". Without that designation, Apple will not release it.

Alexander ‘Alex’ Holden Missing: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

"(KP, his gf) believes his cellphone died as he was walking toward the Sacramento Northern Bikeway trail.”

I wonder what led her to think his phone died as opposed to it being turned it off or her number blocked.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-tell-when-the-mobile-phone-youre-calling-is-off

In reading the articles linked here, they state he had an iPhone. There are several ways to locate an iPhone and to view battery life even. Some are apps you can download to the phone but you can also go to iCloud as well to view that information. She may have used one of these and saw that his battery percentage was very low. Maybe she called him and tried to check his location when she couldn’t get ahold of him and that’s how she came to that belief.

How to Find Your iPhone Even If It’s Dead or Offline (Updated for 2020)

If your iPhone is dead, you'll be directed to the last place your iPhone was located before the battery died. If your iPhone is offline but not dead, then the Find My app will locate the iPhone's current position using nearby Apple devices. To find your lost iPhone on an iPad or a friend’s iPhone (even if it’s dead):

This case has me stumped. I'm thinking he either got in someone's car or hes in the water.
Did LE talk to neighbors? Possible he left out, other people outside possibly leaving adjoining apartments still looking to have a few drinks. Alex bumps into them, spoke, an he was invited with said people? Only my thoughts an ideas.

I’m repeating myself but this case reminds me of the Timothy Cunningham case. So many details about his mindset that were known at the time Timothy went missing were kept from the public and only revealed months after his body was found. I suspect that’s what will happen here. MOO

I’m repeating myself but this case reminds me of the Timothy Cunningham case. So many details about his mindset that were known at the time Timothy went missing were kept from the public and only revealed months after his body was found. I suspect that’s what will happen here. MOO

I think that's not unlikely.

It also seems possible that he texted around until he found a friend who wanted to hang out, and the friend picked him up. Under those circumstances, it might be a "friend" rather than a friend.

I believe a lot of our unknowns are known by LE, friends and parents. For example, what the emotional conversation was about, intoxication level, state of mind and body...I think if we knew some more of that background info, then it would all make more sense to us. It seems that that info is dictating how they are handling everything. Like maybe a break up or other lifestyle info is known that makes his parents not calling out for more of an investigation...I mean if he was my son, I'd pressure for more of a criminal investigation unless I knew facts that lead me to believe it otherwise....

I think it will come down to his state of mind, as reported to police, if we ever have a resolution...seems like they searched in water rather early, which may have been based on interviews...jmo.

Jessica Mensch‏Verified account @Jessmensch
Volunteer divers are searching the American River for answers in the case of missing Alex Holden. The 25-year-old was last seen early morning Dec 31. Investigators say he may have been heading to Natomas from Midtown via the Northern Bikeway Trail— crossing over the river @FOX40

12:56 PM - 22 Jan 2020
EO6fZlFU8AA5gbt.jpg

EO6fZlGUYAAI3HN.jpg

Jessica Mensch‏Verified account @Jessmensch
Volunteer divers are searching the American River for answers in the case of missing Alex Holden. The 25-year-old was last seen early morning Dec 31. Investigators say he may have been heading to Natomas from Midtown via the Northern Bikeway Trail— crossing over the river @FOX40

12:56 PM - 22 Jan 2020
EO6fZlFU8AA5gbt.jpg

EO6fZlGUYAAI3HN.jpg

Local volunteer divers are searching part of the American River right now, hoping to find Alex or one of his belongings that might be in the river.

I have to say that the people of Sacramento have really stepped up in the search for Alex.
Jessica Mensch on Twitter
This is great news. Hopefully they can come up with some type of evidence, even though it'll likely not be good news regarding Alex's safety.

I believe a lot of our unknowns are known by LE, friends and parents. For example, what the emotional conversation was about, intoxication level, state of mind and body...I think if we knew some more of that background info, then it would all make more sense to us. It seems that that info is dictating how they are handling everything. Like maybe a break up or other lifestyle info is known that makes his parents not calling out for more of an investigation...I mean if he was my son, I'd pressure for more of a criminal investigation unless I knew facts that lead me to believe it otherwise....
Believe it or not, Alex’s case (thanks to his parents) has gotten far more coverage than 99% of young men who go missing, especially when there is no evidence of foul play. There have actually been a lot of resources put into the search by the Sac PD...their hands are tied in the sense that if there is no evidence of foul play, they can not designate his disappearance as such, and therefore what they can do and how much time they can dedicate to searching for him is more limited. If it weren’t for his parents and their influential employment, I don’t think this would have gotten much coverage, at all.

I hadn’t read about Timothy Cunningham but now after your post and reading about the case - I could see similarities as well. Hoping it’s not the case, though :(

Hi guys! I live in Sac, and this just popped up on our 5pm news (not sure if related obvi but a deceased male body found in Galt; about 20 miles away from sac, give or take what part of sac you live) I too hope this is not Alex and he’s found soon alive and well xoxox
Body found on Galt dairy farm; investigators on scene

Oh dear!!!!!!

In reading the details...seems very suspicious. I hope we get some answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back