GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I think she'll get a slap on the wrist?!
Well since the conviction of pf was successful, maybe they'll consider that in her sentencing.
I'm not a fan of her, though.
Just trying to think how the judge will think.
It better be more than a slap on the wrist! I'm hoping Judge Sells has thought long and hard on what this "accomplice" REALLY deserves and then gives that vile woman the full 3 years. She'll be out in less anyway. If she gets sentenced to less than three, I will be TOTALLY ticked off! I understand the deal had to be made but now it's time for as much justice as the law will allow. #JusticeForKelsey!
IMHO, it's an insult that her "friends" and family will speak on her behalf for a lighter sentence. Man up and take what's coming to you for what you did, especially if you are TRULY sorry. She didn't utter one word on KB's behalf to try and save an innocent young woman's life. How dare they get up there to tell everyone what a "wonderful" person she really is, NOT! :eek:
Rant over.

I
It better be more than a slap on the wrist! I'm hoping Judge Sells has thought long and hard on what this "accomplice" REALLY deserves and then gives that vile woman the full 3 years. She'll be out in less anyway. If she gets sentenced to less than three, I will be TOTALLY ticked off! I understand the deal had to be made but now it's time for as much justice as the law will allow. #JusticeForKelsey!
IMHO, it's an insult that her "friends" and family will speak on her behalf for a lighter sentence. Man up and take what's coming to you for what you did, especially if you are TRULY sorry. She didn't utter one word on KB's behalf to try and save an innocent young woman's life. How dare they get up there to tell everyone what a "wonderful" person she really is, NOT! :eek:
Rant over.
I agree. I was shocked how heartless she was!!

Why do I think she'll get a slap on the wrist?!
Well since the conviction of pf was successful, maybe they'll consider that in her sentencing.
I'm not a fan of her, though.
Just trying to think how the judge will think.
I don't believe Judge Sells is very happy with her antics.....I'm seeing the max in her future.....

Remind me, when she is sentenced on the 28th, will she be taken into custody that same day? Sorry if I or someone else has already asked this. o_O
This is a good question, and I’m not sure of the answer.

She had plenty of time to prepare for this, as she has already pleaded guilty, and now awaits her fate. I can’t think of a reason why she wouldn’t immediately be taken into custody.

She’s had all the time in the world to get her affairs in order. She knows she’s going in, and the only question is for how long.

This is a good question, and I’m not sure of the answer.

She had plenty of time to prepare for this, as she has already pleaded guilty, and now awaits her fate. I can’t think of a reason why she wouldn’t immediately be taken into custody.

She’s had all the time in the world to get her affairs in order. She knows she’s going in, and the only question is for how long.
Thanks. I hope she goes in the same day for the max time.

6 days before Idaho hears the clang of metal doors close behind her . I hope people stare at her as she crosses the street I hope she hears the whispers I hope she knows how disgusting she is as a human being. I hope her nursing licence is gone.i hope she remembers everyday the man she loved and helped cover up his babymommas murder also wants her dead . Speaking of the death threats does anyone know if pf was charged

Rant over.
I thought the three years was only if there were aggravating circumstances.
I would like to see her spend three years in prison as well but from what I've gathered from some other posts it doesn't seem likely.
Or, if there are aggravating factors, can someone explain what they are? Thanks!

I thought the three years was only if there were aggravating circumstances.
I would like to see her spend three years in prison as well but from what I've gathered from some other posts it doesn't seem likely.
Or, if there are aggravating factors, can someone explain what they are? Thanks!

*Disclaimer: IANALTG, but I've been rooting around a little bit online trying to figure out the answer to that question. Here's what I found:

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 1.3 - :: Sentencing in Criminal Cases :: Part 4 - :: Sentences to Imprisonment :: § 18-1.3-401. Felonies classified - presumptive penalties

SABBM:

(8) (a) The presence of any one or more of the following extraordinary aggravating circumstances shall require the court, if it sentences the defendant to incarceration, to sentence the defendant to a term of at least the midpoint in the presumptive range but not more than twice the maximum term authorized in the presumptive range for the punishment of a felony:

(I) The defendant is convicted of a crime of violence under section 18-1.3-406;

(II) The defendant was on parole for another felony at the time of commission of the felony;

(III) The defendant was on probation or was on bond while awaiting sentencing following revocation of probation for another felony at the time of the commission of the felony;

(IV) The defendant was under confinement, in prison, or in any correctional institution as a convicted felon, or an escapee from any correctional institution for another felony at the time of the commission of a felony;

(V) At the time of the commission of the felony, the defendant was on appeal bond following his or her conviction for a previous felony;

(VI) At the time of the commission of a felony, the defendant was on probation for or on bond while awaiting sentencing following revocation of probation for a delinquent act that would have constituted a felony if committed by an adult.

(b) In any case in which one or more of the extraordinary aggravating circumstances provided for in paragraph (a) of this subsection (8) exist, the provisions of subsection (7) of this section shall not apply.

(c) Nothing in this subsection (8) shall preclude the court from considering aggravating circumstances other than those stated in paragraph (a) of this subsection (8) as the basis for sentencing the defendant to a term greater than the presumptive range for the felony.
It looks like having a prior record might be considered an aggravating factor, as would committing the felony while on parole or probation, none of which would apply to the side piece.

If, and this is a BIG if, but IF I'm reading the bolded section correctly, even though the prior subsections under 8 identify specific aggravating circumstances which require the court to impose sentences which begin at least at the midpoint of the sentencing range, it looks like the court still has discretion to find "other aggravating circumstances" that weren't specifically identified, i.e, they don't "preclude" the court from finding other factors aggravators.

If that's the case, the law might give Judge Sells the judicial discretion to find that illegally entering a murdered mother's home and scrubbing her lifeblood from walls, floors, ceilings, etc., before heading over to stand watching impassively as her body is burned in a gasoline-soaked trough, actually does merit a little extra time in the Big House.

@gitana1, we could sure use your expertise here…is my interpretation of the language here correct?

Frankly, I'll be beyond thrilled if the side piece gets sentenced to 3 years.

Right now, the only thing I'm fairly confident of is that she'll get handed down the max sentence allowed absent aggravating factors, which is 18 months.

I'm going to be headed for a lengthy TO if Judge Sells imposes any sentence <18 months.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of good company, though.

JMO.

Last edited:
Forgive me if you've already discussed this but do you expect KK's children to be paraded into court as a way to gain sympathy for her in the judge's eyes?

Could they even be marched up to the stand to speak (and perhaps to cry)?

I don't remember their ages but it's hard for me to imagine a mother putting her children through that.
Then again, KK is not like any mother I've ever known.

Forgive me if you've already discussed this but do you expect KK's children to be paraded into court as a way to gain sympathy for her in the judge's eyes?

I don't remember their ages but it's hard for me to imagine a mother putting her children through that.

No....I don’t think their father would allow it.

BBM:

I know Judge Sells is into circus tents and all, but I simply cannot imagine KK's attorney would pull a ringmaster stunt like that.

Worst. Sympathy. Ploy. Ever.

I say that because having KK's offspring marching in to the proceedings would instantly remind the judge and every other person in the courtroom that there's another little girl who's going to be missing her mother not just for 6 months, or 12 months, or 18 months, or even 3 years.

Baby K is going to be missing HER mother every single day for the rest of her natural life.

This would be the same mommy whose blood KK mopped up off of walls, floors, ceilings. The mommy whose body KK watched burn at the franch.

I really don't think it would be wise for KK to remind Judge Sells of ALL the innocent children who have also been made victims by The Moron and her.

But then, nobody's ever accused KK of being a wise woman.

She and PF are a matched set.

JMO.

Last edited:

KK would sell her soul to the Devil, for a Sonic double cheeseburger and fries. I don’t think she’d have any qualms about using her kids like that.

I don’t see her lawyer advising her to drag her kids up there though. It’s not like this is the penalty phase of a capital case, so I don’t see it happening.

The only tears we’ll hear about are those of KK, as she begs for a short sentence, and ultimately has the book thrown at her.

As much of a “book” as 3 years can be.

*Disclaimer: IANALTG, but I've been rooting around a little bit online trying to figure out the answer to that question. Here's what I found:

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 1.3 - :: Sentencing in Criminal Cases :: Part 4 - :: Sentences to Imprisonment :: § 18-1.3-401. Felonies classified - presumptive penalties

SABBM:

(8) (a) The presence of any one or more of the following extraordinary aggravating circumstances shall require the court, if it sentences the defendant to incarceration, to sentence the defendant to a term of at least the midpoint in the presumptive range but not more than twice the maximum term authorized in the presumptive range for the punishment of a felony:

(II) The defendant was on parole for another felony at the time of commission of the felony;

(III) The defendant was on probation or was on bond while awaiting sentencing following revocation of probation for another felony at the time of the commission of the felony;

(IV) The defendant was under confinement, in prison, or in any correctional institution as a convicted felon, or an escapee from any correctional institution for another felony at the time of the commission of a felony;

(V) At the time of the commission of the felony, the defendant was on appeal bond following his or her conviction for a previous felony;

(VI) At the time of the commission of a felony, the defendant was on probation for or on bond while awaiting sentencing following revocation of probation for a delinquent act that would have constituted a felony if committed by an adult.

(b) In any case in which one or more of the extraordinary aggravating circumstances provided for in paragraph (a) of this subsection (8) exist, the provisions of subsection (7) of this section shall not apply.

(c) Nothing in this subsection (8) shall preclude the court from considering aggravating circumstances other than those stated in paragraph (a) of this subsection (8) as the basis for sentencing the defendant to a term greater than the presumptive range for the felony.
It looks like having a prior record might be considered an aggravating factor, as would committing the felony while on parole or probation, none of which would apply to the side piece.

If, and this is a BIG if, but IF I'm reading the bolded section correctly, even though the prior subsections under 8 identify specific aggravating circumstances which require the court to impose sentences which begin at least at the midpoint of the sentencing range, it looks like the court still has discretion to find "other aggravating circumstances" that weren't specifically identified, i.e, they don't "preclude" the court from finding other factors aggravators.

If that's the case, the law might give Judge Sells the judicial discretion to find that illegally entering a murdered mother's home and scrubbing her lifeblood from walls, floors, ceilings, etc., before heading over to stand watching impassively as her body is burned in a gasoline-soaked trough, actually does merit a little extra time in the Big House.

@gitana1, we could sure use your expertise here…is my interpretation of the language here correct?

Right now, the only thing I'm fairly confident of is that she'll get handed down the max sentence allowed absent aggravating factors, which is 18 months.

I'm going to be headed for a lengthy TO if Judge Sells imposes any sentence <18 months.

JMO.
Thank you for this!! It gives me hope :)
BTW, your avatar killed me :p:D

Just jumping in to bump Tricia's post from earlier this week.

HEY EVERYONE,
WE NEED YOUR HELP! IT'S FREE AND TAKES JUST A FEW SECONDS!
CLICK HERE AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k
We are past the halfway mark. We need 1000 subscribers before we can go live with something called "Smart Chat". Using Smart Chat to broadcast live will help Websleuths continue to operate.
Right now at Websleuths youtube, we have the latest Websleuths Radio Podcast with Leigh Egan from Crimeoneline.com Leigh updates us on the Heidi Broussard case, Paighton Houston and so much more.
Click on the link and hit the "Subscribe" button and help Websleuths.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k

Thank you,
Tricia

SABBM:

JMO.
Thank you.
I was wondering if the fact that she lied at first and was not cooperative until she was backed into a corner AND that she went to extremes to cover up and get rid of so much evidence might be a factor.

It's not like all she did was get rid of a cell phone. She spent months helping to plan a murder and then went above and beyond to make sure all the evidence was gone.
She showed no remorse during all that time.
That her co-workers testified that she seemed upset when she returned to work just tells me she was worried she would get caught.
If she really felt remorse I think she would have broken down and confessed to someone earlier. A kind and caring person (which her friends claimed she was) wouldn't have lasted one day without breaking down from guilt and remorse.
Yet she went on day after day like nothing happened.

Imo

Remind me, when she is sentenced on the 28th, will she be taken into custody that same day? Sorry if I or someone else has already asked this. o_O

I'm hopeful the judge will not give KK anymore of the court's time and send her straight away to her cell. There's also the chance that since she was not considered a flight risk earlier and has no bond in place that she will be able to report to jail on a future date.

4. When Do You Go to Jail After Sentencing?
If you have been sentenced to incarceration after a conviction, you will end up going to jail. However, when you go to jail depends on your situation. In some case, after the sentencing hearing, the defendant will immediately be taken into custody and taken to jail. Alternatively, the defendant may be given a future commitment date.

Whether you will go to jail directly after sentencing depends on the situation. If the defendant is deemed a flight risk or if they have been convicted of a felony or violent crime, they are more likely to be taken into custody. For non-violent offenses, misdemeanors, and shorter jail sentences, there is a greater chance the defendant will be given a future date to show up to begin their sentence. However, you may need to renew your bond to remain out of custody.

"Sentencing Hearings" in Colorado Criminal Court Cases

Bringing these posts over from the media thread:
I LOVE PF’s discharge date of 12/31/9998. :)
What in the world? And why was he allowed to do this!?!

“Before Frazee was relocated, it was reported that the inmate made an unprecedented amount of phone calls during his last days at the Teller County Jail. According to Teller County Sheriff’s Commander Greg Couch, despite several failed attempts by some to reach out to the inmate, he made over 1,500 phone calls during the week after he was convicted.

The commander said that the sheriff’s office learned about the large amount of phone calls and reported it to the district attorney’s office. However, the sheriff’s office could not release who Frazee called and do not know why the number of calls was so high.”

Stage set for Lee Sentencing | The Mountain Jackpot News
It’s looking like I will be in town to attend the sentencing.
Is there a maximum amount of money the inmates can have in their prison account?....thinking back at Arias and Anthony case they had a max

Again thinking back to those cases, any monies earned or received a percentage went back to the victims family because the inmate(s) had a monetary amount they owed the family, set by the Judge. Doesn’t inmate pf have to pay back anything to KB’s family?

Last...the media should know better...don’t pay until you get the info...dumb dumber and realllly dumb. Inmate is laughing his head off.

How much did the media pay? Who was the reporter that made such a ridiculous deal? Does he still have a job (probably)?

AND who did inmate make theses thousand of calls too and why
didn’t the prison stop it sooner? An inside payoff? No inmate should be making that many calls and at night. Again inmate is laughing because he was out of his cell for most of each day.

the public should beable to view who these calls were made to....UNLESS the info contains another crime or criminal that will be charged in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998