CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE FBI AGENT DENISE TALKED TO IS A RETIRED FBI AGENT
I think that clears up all the confusion between the what/how/why the “fbi” would communicate to the family the way it seemed
FBI: No agent spoke to Kristin Smart family in missing college student case
Disappointing.
fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ughhhhh...I read about this case this morning and both news deliveries are odd at best. The news delivered to Kristin's mother, and the mother's news delivered to MSM sources, the media.

I still cannot tell if the mother has knowledge about what his surprise is about. The results will surprise, would lead most to any other suspect than previous, or she is alive. But, that would be difficult to hide if she were abducted and kept alive this long. That type of discovery is not kept hidden, imo.

It would be odder if she left on her own, if no other problems were noted. I am not too sure suicide would be delivered in that fashion.

I went digging down a....ughhhhh rabbit hole. This guy was well traveled in the entire area and surrounding areas of Ca Poly Tech, and is a relatively unknown serial killer, unless one has more avid interests in serial killers, beyond that of the most notoriously known, imo, and he is definitely one who could have began his murders with Kristin Smart, being one of the first or potentially others, if he began earlier than his confessions.

Wayne Ford - The Man With The Breast In His Pocket - Serial Killer

Wayne Adam Ford, imo, could have been killing for awhile, because they all are liars and play games. Plus, sexual sadists are screwed up big time in the head, headcases. It is interesting, around the time of Kristin Smart's disappearance, this man's life was unraveling the most and it always seemed to be somewhat unraveling for years, but around this time, birth of son in 95, relationships with another woman soured as all did from his extremely abusive nature, most deeply tempered seems to run between years 1995-1998, and his misognomy was escalating and madder than ever!

One detective noted something in their searches that led him to believe it may have been possible she went earlier on a camping or hiking expedition she had planned or done often. It is possible she ran into this Ca native in his normals state roams or through his interstate long haul trucking. It either is likely or never happened. One Jane Doe he had admitted to was found with no head, legs, or arms. The head is still missing. Identification unknown. This serial killer nut job enjoyed placing his victims in swampy waters, marshes, and other larger bodies of water.

These guys (male or female) simply creep me the heck out!

I really hope it is not some let go nut ex FBI agent that is messing with this vulnerable woman, one with a missing child.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the golden state killer was in 1996? I don’t know all the ins and outs of his history. But could he have been in SLO at the time? He’s in custody now, so maybe he confessed?
Wikipedia says 1974-1986

Golden State Killer case progresses as pretrial date is set
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article239541708.html
Snipped
DeAngelo, 74, faces [URL='https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article217168240.html']13 murder counts and 13 additional charges of kidnap for robbery that were filed in connection with a series of rapes he is believed to have committed during a crime spree that ran the length of California from 1974 through mid-1986.[/URL]

@MassGuy, can you answer this? MOO
He stopped killing a decade before this, and remained in California as far as we know.

All his crimes followed a similar pattern (MO), and this in no way aligns.

Besides that, law enforcement has a solid suspect here. It’s just a matter of proving that he did it.

Disappointing.
fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif
Why Pommy? He's likely still communicating with active investigators. I imagine this retired agent to have worked the case for a very long time, built a caring relationship with the Smart family, and wants them to know the end of this horrific nightmare is near. I saw a dateline special a couple weekends ago. One of the retired investigators on a 25 year old cold case was interviewed, he cried when he spoke of the victim and her family. The show ended with a very poignant picture of him placing flowers on the girl's grave with a note. It was very touching.

Marking/making note /BBM: What’s the September 16, 2016 charge for? And what was the trial about for April 17, 2017? (See image at above link)

Checking to see if Sept. arrest corresponds with dig for Sept. 2016, articles posted upstream.

—-
PAUL FLORES ARREST & CONVICTION RECORD
Offender Name
Arresting Unit
Arrest Date
Booking Number
Count(s) Charged
Case Number
Charge Section
Charge Statute
Plea
Dispostion
NOTES
Paul Ruben Flores DOB: 10/22/76
San Luis Obispo PD
2/3/1996
M240280
23152(a)
Vehicle Code
Punishment, if any, is unknown
Santa Ana PD?
9/18/1999
CCH99M
23152(a)
Vehicle Code
Santa Barbara PD?
4/9/2000
23152(a)
Vehicle Code
LAPD?
12/20/2005
YA064138
23152(b)
Vehicle Code
Paul Ruben Flores DOB: 10/22/1976
Hermosa Beach PD
4/29/2015
23152(A)
Vehicle Code
Not Guilty
Dismissed or Not Prosecuted
23152(B)
Vehicle Code
Nolo Contendere
Guilty/Convicted
14601.2(A)
Vehicle Code
Nolo Contendere
Guilty/Convicted
125000(A)
Vehicle Code
Not Guilty
LAPD - Pacific Division
7/21/2015
Long Beach PD
7/22/2015
LASD -
CSD Long Beach
8/25/2015
LASD -
CSD S. Bay (Torrance)
1/5/2016
Long Beach PD
3/18/2016
647(F)
Penal Code
Plead Guilty
Guilty/Convicted
415(1)
Penal Code
Charge Dropped
Hermosa Beach PD
9/16/2016
Trial set for 4/17/17

Last edited:
Just jumping in to bump Tricia's post from earlier this week.

HEY EVERYONE,
WE NEED YOUR HELP! IT'S FREE AND TAKES JUST A FEW SECONDS!
CLICK HERE AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k
We are past the halfway mark. We need 1000 subscribers before we can go live with something called "Smart Chat". Using Smart Chat to broadcast live will help Websleuths continue to operate.
Right now at Websleuths youtube, we have the latest Websleuths Radio Podcast with Leigh Egan from Crimeoneline.com Leigh updates us on the Heidi Broussard case, Paighton Houston and so much more.
Click on the link and hit the "Subscribe" button and help Websleuths.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k

Thank you,
Tricia

Looking back at old posts to catch up. This is interesting:

May 25, 2019
DNA evidence spots suspect in 1970s San Luis Obispo County murder cases
April 17 2019
“I really want to implore our governor that they need to put more money into DNA testing,” Parkinson said. “The amount of work these labs have on their plate is extremely significant. The importance of DNA to an early identification of possible suspects is something we would really benefit from.”

Parkinson said top priorities for his office are solving other cold cases, like the highly-publicized 1996 disappearance of Cal Poly student Kristin Smart and the 2009 murder of 71-year-old Jerry Greer in Templeton.

“Both of those are actively being investigated and will continue to be,” Parkinson said. “Our hope is to bring those to a resolution as well.”

Why Pommy? He's likely still communicating with active investigators. I imagine this retired agent to have worked the case for a very long time, built a caring relationship with the Smart family, and wants them to know the end of this horrific nightmare is near. I saw a dateline special a couple weekends ago. One of the retired investigators on a 25 year old cold case was interviewed, he cried when he spoke of the victim and her family. The show ended with a very poignant picture of him placing flowers on the girl's grave with a note. It was very touching.
Ah, I get it now. I didn't know he had actually worked the case. MOO

Last edited:
Marking/making note /BBM: What’s the September 16, 2016 charge for? And what was the trial about for April 17, 2017? (See image at above link)
RSBM

Hermosa Beach PD
9/16/2016
Trial set for 4/17/17

7th DUI per Episode 5 Your Own Backyard podcast around 01:06:00

ETA: I have booking info but not sure if I can post? He was actually on a bicycle but had an outstanding warrant

Last edited:

I agree. I've also seen where former investigators are the persons interviewed because current Agents and/or Investigators are not allowed to talk publicly about cases and/or case files. Comments for release are typically delegated to the PIO. MOO

RSBM

Hermosa Beach PD
9/16/2016
Trial set for 4/17/17

7th DUI per Episode 5 Your Own Backyard podcast around 01:06:00
Maybe it's been mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Does LE have PFs DNA on file? What kind of felony charge warrants a profile entry to CODIS? DUIs?

ETA- Can LE follow him and grab a cigarette butt or drink container and get his DNA on the DL? Could they use it then to run through CODIS? Or do they need to get a warrant and a check swab with his knowledge.

Last edited:
Maybe it's been mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Does LE have PFs DNA on file? What kind of felony charge warrants a profile entry to CODIS? DUIs?
I have wondered that myself Knox. I was thinking the big news (which I still believe is coming) might be related to other crimes of a sexual nature but is DNA on file to match? Of course there is the "clandestine" way of obtaining i.e. GSK.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere....will try to look up....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member