TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #2

50 Years Ago this month...

bed36c2b-0aee-4361-a7fc-5deac9a776dd-medium16x9_KathyJones.JPG

Kathy Jones, age 12, murdered 29 November 1969

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — An unsolved murder of a Nashville 6th grade student who was found sexually assaulted and murdered 50 years ago is now the subject of an investigative podcast...

LINK:

Unsolved: Nashville child who was found sexually assaulted, murdered subject of podcast

Very nice reminder, Richard. If you get a chance, check out the Flatrock podcast at the link above. It's all about Kathy's murder, researched and told by locals from Nashville. I've really enjoyed it and learned some new information.

Hi December... I am also a member of Kathy's family through marriage, however I was born 10 years after her death. Growing up, the family always had murmurs of what they believed happened. One of the main suspects in the case was murdered a few years ago, and yes he drove a cab. I was always told that a cab was most definitely linked to her disappearance. Actions by that person as I was growing up led me to believe that there is a lot more to him that should have been looked at during the initial investigation. If I'm not mistaken... Didn't that cab-driving suspect later marry Kathy's mother? (This should prove my relationship to the family)

Any idea what has happened to "December"? If I'm correct in thinking I know who she is, she may have passed away. I really hope I'm wrong,I have a lot of questions and some possible insight that could be useful.
Very nice reminder, Richard. If you get a chance, check out the Flatrock podcast at the link above. It's all about Kathy's murder, researched and told by locals from Nashville. I've really enjoyed it and learned some new information.

Any idea what has happened to "December"? If I'm correct in thinking I know who she is, she may have passed away. I really hope I'm wrong,I have a lot of questions and some possible insight that could be useful.

She sent me a private message in January 2018. That was the last I heard from her. I messaged her 6 months ago, but she never responded.

Oh, that would be very sad, if true. She mentioned having some health problems.

I was born and raised in Nashville. Both my parents also and both sets of my grandparents. My childhood home was in zip code 37220. So a 5-8 minute drive from 100 Oak Mall area.

One of my best friends grandfathers also invented and owned KK doughnuts. The Rudolph family but they sold them many many years ago. I’m going to ask my Mom what she knows about the case. She wouldn’t been 20 years old when this sad event happened.

I know of Marcia Tremble and I also know of the girl who was killed in Crieve Hall which is very close to 100 Oaks also. A book was written about that murder.

She had not heard of the murder unfortunately. I’m trying to pin exactly where this happened. My best point of reference would be from this location.

Attachments

• C5F05D9F-8C38-4B71-849C-E6BD5BFCFEE3.jpeg
    C5F05D9F-8C38-4B71-849C-E6BD5BFCFEE3.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 20
She had not heard of the murder unfortunately. I’m trying to pin exactly where this happened. My best point of reference would be from this location.

If I remember correctly, she was found in the tall grass in a field behind the old Krispy Kreme on Thompson Lane, just north of the Nolensville Pk & Thompson Lane intersection. The Krispy Kreme has since been torn down and rebuilt, and the street has been widened once or twice. Kathy and her family lived across Nolensville Pk, in a neighborhood near the cemetery (behind the Exxon) if I remember correctly. It was about a 15-20 minute walk back then.

Thank you for showing me. My point of reference was 1.5 miles off but now I know exactly where the area is located. Coleman Park is utilized by a local Nashville Company now for kickball games.

Unfortunately the area she was killed wasn’t safe going back as far as 1980. Really no reason to head over that way unless looking for a mechanic back in the day. I wasn’t allowed in that area growing up and was even intimated going over to play coed kickball in the early 2000s. I don’t know about 1969 but that area hasn’t changed much in 40 years.

Nashville was a very safe town to grow as a kid but Nolensville Pike seemed to be in the new often. The Flatrock podcast seemed to be fairly certain on a suspect.

If I remember correctly, she was found in the tall grass in a field behind the old Krispy Kreme on Thompson Lane, just north of the Nolensville Pk & Thompson Lane intersection. The Krispy Kreme has since been torn down and rebuilt, and the street has been widened once or twice. Kathy and her family lived across Nolensville Pk, in a neighborhood near the cemetery (behind the Exxon) if I remember correctly. It was about a 15-20 minute walk back then.

Can you expand on any of the actions of DS?

Hi December... I am also a member of Kathy's family through marriage, however I was born 10 years after her death. Growing up, the family always had murmurs of what they believed happened. One of the main suspects in the case was murdered a few years ago, and yes he drove a cab. I was always told that a cab was most definitely linked to her disappearance. Actions by that person as I was growing up led me to believe that there is a lot more to him that should have been looked at during the initial investigation. If I'm not mistaken... Didn't that cab-driving suspect later marry Kathy's mother? (This should prove my relationship to the family)

Hi, all. I haven't posted about Kathy in a very long time, but I've not forgotten her, either. Going through my large folder of Websleuths case related articles and documents, I came across a copy of the newspaper article I ordered years, ago. It's a copy of the original story regarding Kathy's murder, and the discovery of her body. I linked an online copy somewhere in these threads. It was as chilling and disturbing to me now than it was years ago. My greatest fear for Kathy now (what could be worse than the the fate she suffered as a lovely young girl?) is that she'd be forgotten, and her case never fully resolved. It's one reason, among others, that I stepped back from cold cases for a time. Few things are more heart wrenching than the murderer of an innocent left to be forgotten. I am glad to see a few old faithfuls who feel the same as I do, a nd welcome the newcomers.

my name is jr bonner I have lived in Nashville since 1975 I have ran the streets of woodbine or flat rock as some call it I have been on all the streets of woodbine a million times the alley Grandview ave and lutie st all of the streets I may had heard of this sad story when I was young but I did not pay any attention to it im sure I went to high school with her nabors at Glencliff and played ball at the boys club I have been reading up on this sad story if you can find the time to listen to flat rock a cold case its a pod cast by oliva lind she did a very good job with it you will learn a lot I did I hope this can be closed one day

I should say I did live in Nashville in 1969 and 1970 and we moved back to my home town in fla and back in 1975 I am 57 years old now I know woodbine very well in the 1960s and 1970s and on that week end their just would not be much of any thing open in woodbine or Nashville about the only thing that would be open would be grocery store gas stations bars and honkytonks and from lutie st to krispy kreme every thing would be closed on a hole Nashville closed down and Grandview ave would have been a very lonely little road for a 12 year old

Honkytonks are what natives of Nashville refer to bars that are generally located on Broadway and 2nd Avenue but have expanded to other parts of town. Toostie’s is the most well known honky tonk bar. Live music, boots and beer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back