Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

I wonder if Natomas was more of an educated guess on where else he could possibly go to crash at that time of night, rather than based on something he said, and MSM ran with it - because it was absolutely reported many times that he was headed that way. This would explain the confusion, if perhaps he just said he was leaving, and GF or friends assumed that was where he would go...
I’ve actually had that impression since the very beginning, and personally, I blame the confusion on poor reporting.
POSTED 4:54 PM, JANUARY 2, 2020, BY JESSICA MENSCH, UPDATED AT 05:01PM, JANUARY 3, 2020
“SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) -- Family and friends of a 25-year-old man said Thursday they had not heard from him in days after he left his midtown Sacramento apartment early New Year's Eve morning.

Desperate for answers, Alex Holden’s friends spent Thursday handing out flyers all around midtown Sacramento and asking for surveillance videos.

‘He’s just amazing. I mean, he’s selfless, caring, most intelligent person I’ve ever met,’ said Holden’s girlfriend, Kennedi Perri.

Perri said she last saw him leaving their midtown Sacramento apartment on I Street near 22nd Street just before 2:30 am Tuesday.

‘And went out with some of his friends, just gotten back from the bar,’ Perri explained. ‘I had to be up early, so he did wake me up. So we had some conversation.’

Holden told her he was going to walk to a friend’s house in Natomas to spend the night. She believes he was heading toward the Sacramento Northern Bikeway trail before his phone died.

‘He’s a long-distance marathon runner so he has done that trail before and he used to live in Natomas, so it all kind of connects,’ Perri told FOX40.

[SBM]”
Man disappears after leaving his midtown Sacramento apartment early New Year’s Eve

While the article does say Alex told his girlfriend that “he was going to walk to a friend’s house in Natomas to spend the night,” she does not say anything that leads me to believe that to be the case in the accompanying video, and the “so it all kind of connects” part of her statement kind of gave me the sense that maybe that was the scenario that made most sense to her based on what she knows about him.

More importantly (IMO), LE has never made any reference to Alex possibly heading to Natomas. It really stood out to me that they only said “Holden was last seen in the early morning hours of December 31, 2019 in the Downtown Sacramento area. He was believed to be on foot, heading to the North Sacramento area” in their press release on January 14th. To me, it felt like he really could be anywhere two weeks into the investigation.

So in that sense, I find it curious that they conducted a search around Discovery Park, including the river, just a few days later.

All MOO

Last edited:
I’ve actually had that impression since the very beginning, and personally, I blame the confusion on poor reporting.
POSTED 4:54 PM, JANUARY 2, 2020, BY JESSICA MENSCH, UPDATED AT 05:01PM, JANUARY 3, 2020
“SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) -- Family and friends of a 25-year-old man said Thursday they had not heard from him in days after he left his midtown Sacramento apartment early New Year's Eve morning.

Desperate for answers, Alex Holden’s friends spent Thursday handing out flyers all around midtown Sacramento and asking for surveillance videos.

‘He’s just amazing. I mean, he’s selfless, caring, most intelligent person I’ve ever met,’ said Holden’s girlfriend, Kennedi Perri.

Perri said she last saw him leaving their midtown Sacramento apartment on I Street near 22nd Street just before 2:30 am Tuesday.

‘And went out with some of his friends, just gotten back from the bar,’ Perri explained. ‘I had to be up early, so he did wake me up. So we had some conversation.’

Holden told her he was going to walk to a friend’s house in Natomas to spend the night. She believes he was heading toward the Sacramento Northern Bikeway trail before his phone died.

‘He’s a long-distance marathon runner so he has done that trail before and he used to live in Natomas, so it all kind of connects,’ Perri told FOX40.

[SBM]”
Man disappears after leaving his midtown Sacramento apartment early New Year’s Eve

While the article does say Alex told his girlfriend that “he was going to walk to a friend’s house in Natomas to spend the night,” she does not say anything that leads me to believe that to be the case in the accompanying video, and the “so it all kind of connects” part of her statement kind of gave me the sense that maybe that was a scenario that made most sense to her based on what she knows about him.

More importantly (IMO), LE has never made any reference to Alex possibly heading to Natomas. It really stood out to me that they only said “Holden was last seen in the early morning hours of December 31, 2019 in the Downtown Sacramento area. He was believed to be on foot, heading to the North Sacramento area” in their press release on January 14th. To me, it felt like he really could be anywhere two weeks into the investigation.

So in that sense, I find it curious that they conducted a search around Discovery Park, including the river, just a few days later.

All MOO
Perhaps because of the alarming number of 20-something men who are found in rivers.

Perhaps because of the alarming number of 20-something men who are found in rivers.
Yes, that very well may be the case. “Search the nearest body of water” was my immediate reaction when I first heard about Alex’s case (a 25-year-old male disappearing after going to the bars), and I’m sure it was for many.

But it’s also important to point out, IMO, that he was home for close to three hours before he went back out, and he wasn’t a block or two away from the nearest body of water when last seen.

I know nothing has been said about it, and I respect decisions made by LE and family, but I have been worried about Alex’s state of mind.

Last edited:
One person who lived around there said the only place open at that time of night is a Mexican Food place nearby. If he is that much into running and had been drinking, he would have been starving. Unless he was eating during the “emotional conversation.”

Forgive me, haven't followed this too closely. Do we even know that Alex left the apartment alive or are we taking the GF's word for it? I just know if they tables were turned and a male was saying his female companion "left the apartment" we would be doubting the story.....

I wonder if Natomas was more of an educated guess on where else he could possibly go to crash at that time of night, rather than based on something he said, and MSM ran with it - because it was absolutely reported many times that he was headed that way. This would explain the confusion, if perhaps he just said he was leaving, and GF or friends assumed that was where he would go...

That’s what it feels like to me.

“He’s done it a hundred times. It’s just this time is worrying because he didn’t make it there,” Malik told FOX40.

Family announces $10,000 reward for information in Sacramento man’s disappearance

I accepted there was truth to AH expected in Natomas based on the direct quote above attributed to his friend there. He also states that AH had done this [walked] a hundred times.

Forgive me, haven't followed this too closely. Do we even know that Alex left the apartment alive or are we taking the GF's word for it? I just know if they tables were turned and a male was saying his female companion "left the apartment" we would be doubting the story.....
To answer your question (and not to speculate on GF’s involvement) no, we the public do not have confirmation that he left the apartment alive. The police might have confirmation and may be withholding that information. His phone last pinged two blocks away from his apartment and was either turned off or died.

In the Brainscratchers video, the host mentions how suspect it is that he was using his phone up until he left without charging it, and then the battery dies in a mere two blocks distance. I’m tend to side with him. It seems more likely it was purposefully turned off.

To answer your question (and not to speculate on GF’s involvement) no, we the public do not have confirmation that he left the apartment alive. The police might have confirmation and may be withholding that information. His phone last pinged two blocks away from his apartment and was either turned off or died.

In the Brainscratchers video, the host mentions how suspect it is that he was using his phone up until he left without charging it, and then the battery dies in a mere two blocks distance. I’m tend to side with him. It seems more likely it was purposefully turned off.

If his phone pings off of a tower 2 blocks away from the apartment, that doesn’t mean his phone was physically 2 blocks away, or am I misunderstanding something?

This video shows the homeless population along the American River in Sacramento. I suppose it could be possible that he fell into the water, but I'm finding it hard to fathom it would go unnoticed. I've also read the river banks are poo mine fields from the homeless. Not a place where one would go to have a drink or smoke. Notice it's mainly a wide lazy river. Video is dated
Jan 8, 2020

I'm sure this has been covered but both American and sac rivers are very large and while may seem calm on surface, can have strong undercurrents. they are major boating rivers and lead to the delta that then goes on to the ocean.

If his phone pings off of a tower 2 blocks away from the apartment, that doesn’t mean his phone was physically 2 blocks away, or am I misunderstanding something?
You’re correct, I should have used better terminology. I don’t think his phone actually pinged a tower, but rather that was the last location that was tracked or visible on Find My iPhone or similar service.

Last edited:
Given the utter lack of video footage of him in the surrounding area, the fact his phone pinged so close, the fact not one item of his has been found, and the fact the dogs had no real trail to follow, it seems obvious to me at this point that Alex got into a vehicle.

How exactly that now affects investigators I’m not sure (heavy focus on getting word out to Lyfts, Uber’s and cabs? Investigating his personal contacts’ vehicle movements? Not sure.). But the focus on the river and searching the bushes and whatnot seems like a waste of energy at this point. JMO.

IMO it is likely that Alex got in a car somewhere near their apartment and where he is now, likely deceased, is open ended. Alas.

These are just my thoughts. We know AH and his girlfriend and an "emotional conversation".. and that he left after that conversation. It must have had a pretty big effect on his state of mind in addition to the idea that he may or may not have been inebriated when he left the apartment. Since we don't know what that conversation entailed.. we can only speculate. It may have been about where their relationship was heading or any number of things. If it was indeed something to that effect then anything AH may not have normally done or does could cause us to question what happened. His mind may not have been in the right place. Including just leaving without a charged battery.. telling his gf he was going one place when in fact going somewhere completely different. You can't really tell what is going through someone's mind when something like that happens. I know when my ex and I had our last emotional talk it was over us breaking up and me having to move back 3000 miles from where I left. I can say in those few days I wasn't in the right frame of mind and was not thinking rationally. A few times I wanted to just up and leave the house for a few hours at night to just process my thoughts and what lay ahead of me not even bringing anything with me but a coat. I couldn't think straight and I was under a lot of emotional stress. The same could of been with AH. He left and what we may think he would have done .. he may have done the complete opposite. I think it lies within what the conversation is about. They keep stressing it was emotional. He may have wanted to clear his head and ran into foul play or as some have said.. someone picked him up shortly after he left. Who knows what could of happened. I do hope that he is found soon. I hope they can find some evidence that leads them somewhere in this case. This is all JMO.

I also agree it seems like he got in a vehicle. Whether it was with someone he knew and chose to get it or if it was a stranger and by force...I'm not sure. IMO right now I lean towards someone he knew and had contacted.

If that was the case, wouldn't his phone records show any numbers he called or text right before his phone shut off?

Ruud’s trial expected to be rescheduled

The scheduled Jan. 27 murder trial for Theodosia-area resident Rebecca Ruud will likely be rescheduled, due to an unexpected complication – the disappearance of the son of Circuit Judge Calvin Holden, who is assigned to the case.

The expected cancellation and resetting of Ruud’s trial will be the fifth time it has been rescheduled since it was filed in Taney County Court on a change of venue motion in October 2017.

Alex Holden, Judge Holden’s son, reportedly went missing from his Sacramento, California, home on New Year’s Eve.

Holden and wife, Margaret Palmietto, also a Missouri judge, traveled to California early this month and have been actively searching there for their son. The couple has issued a $10,000 cash reward for information that leads to Alex’s return. Alex Holden is described as 6-feet 1-inch tall with brown hair and brown eyes. He was reportedly last seen wearing a tan pullover sweater at his apartment near the intersection of 23 and I Streets in central Sacramento.

Holden told the Springfield News-Leader that he and his wife had been diligently searching for clues relating to Alex’s disappearance, but the pair have hit a wall and are unsure what else to do in California. Holden told the News-Leader Thursday that he planned to return to Missouri over the weekend and would likely resume his duties as judge Tuesday. He said Palmietto may also return sometime this week.

“At some point, we have to say we’ll go back,” Holden told the News-Leader. “And if a good tip comes up or something, it won’t take long to get on a plane and come back [to Sacramento].”

Ruud was scheduled to appear for a pre-trial conference before Holden on Jan. 13, but the hearing was continued due to the judge’s absence.
Continued at link

You’re correct, I should have used better terminology. I don’t think his phone actually pinged a tower, but rather that was the last location that was tracked or visible on Find My iPhone or similar service.

Ah, I see what you meant. Based on the wording on the official missing website (findalexholden.com) , I’m interpreting it to mean cell tower ping:

“Last ping from his phone was 20th & I St., but no confirmation of a true location or travel path from the morning of 12/31/19.”

My personal opinion is that he walked the entire time and his phone was dead or turned off as soon as he left. If he ended up in a car, I don’t think he walked into the car.

MOO MOO MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken