The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched most of the TM YouTube and have to say, Mr Markle, you haven’t helped yourself at all, unless just venting your pain helped. Made the whole lot of them seem less than good. I felt bad for him cause at the rooot of what I’ve seen so far he doesn’t understand how his relationship with his baby girl died. Sad, but pathetic.

also, will his admitting he lied to press etc affect his believability as a witness in the tabloid case? I wouldn’t want him as a witness.
Most of all I just felt sad for him. He's been an idiot and he knows it,reacted angrily and regretted it, but I think he was just totally out of his depth with the paps and the attention he was getting. He comes across as basically honest, to me anyway and grieving the loss of his daughter and grandson.

Yep. They get all of the benefits and none of the detriments of their decision. Not sure what to make of this vis-a-vis the Queen. Is she overindulgent, or is there a plan. Idk. But, imo, Markle will do her best to damage, if not destroy, the monarchy if she gets her way.

If past history in her relationships is an indicator, she will burn bridges with Harry's family. For now, he doesn't seem willing to do the same, so that could be a problem. My prediction - MOO - she will continue to use HRH and name as she wishes, sort of challenging the Queen act if she disagrees. It may become a point of ongoing conflict and contention. Not sure how long Harry is going to go along with it. I also predict interviews and book deals in which she will say very negative things about the BRF, and I think she'll be surprised at the lack of public support for her doing that. All MOO

She will treat them the same as she's treating her father. MOO

I feel sorry for Thomas, and I don't think he had any help navigating the paparazzi. I find him honest in his life, he honestly didn't know he was doing anything wrong when he took those pictures. To him, it was staged to show a positive side, how he was interested in the wedding of Meghan. I was surprised to read that Meghan was hesitant about him walking her down the isle and was wanted her mother to do that even as early as January 2018. And it sounds like she didn't share anything with her father about the wedding.

Meghan Markle Reportedly Wants Her Mom to Walk Her Down the Aisle at the Royal Wedding

JMOO

I don’t think Thomas Markle did himself any favors doing this interview, if commenters on this Washington Post article are any indication. From the article:

In the documentary, Markle trashes his daughter while proclaiming his love. Many might find it must-see but sad TV, on a channel that features “Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly” and “Bad Girls Behind Bars.”

<snip>
He said that Meghan long ago promised him she would look after him in his senior years. “I’m 75 years old,” Markle said. “It’s time to look after daddy.”

The retiree said he lives off $5,600 a month, though he said he did receive $20,000 from Meghan.—————————-
As one commenter said (paraphrasing):

She can’t win...if she sends him money now, he will claim she’s buying his silence. If she cut him off he would say it’s because of the truth he told to the media.
—————————-
My thoughts: I’m not sure whether he means she needs to look after him financially or take him into her home to care for him, or pay for him to live in assisted living. But he’s doing something no parent should ever do to their child...he’s laying a guilt trip on her. $5600 a month goes quite far in Mexico, as does $20,000. I think he’s forgotten that he also has a son and grandson here in Oregon, unless they are estranged also.

Unfortunately, TM backed himself into a corner (with Samantha’s encouragement) when he had those pictures taken before the wedding. Up until that point, he was a welcome part of the wedding party. We don’t know what went on between them from that point until his heart attack. But even before his heart attack, I recall a very nice and welcoming statement by Harry and Meghan. But the problem was that after the news of the photos broke he would have been a tabloid nightmare if he had attended and walked her down the aisle. He blew it and he knew it. But he blames everyone else. JMO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...207f32-3d24-11ea-afe2-090eb37b60b1_story.html
$5,600 per month at 75 years old. Here in the UK the state pension is something like £170 per week at the max level. That's if you have worked all your life and paid your national insurance. The retirement age is pushing back further all the time, currently late 60's. I could only dream of $5,000+. Not sure many Brits will sympathize with him over this :confused:

$5,600 per month at 75 years old. Here in the UK the state pension is something like £170 per week at the max level. That's if you have worked all your life and paid your national insurance. The retirement age is pushing back further all the time, currently late 60's. I could only dream of $5,000+. Not sure many Brits will sympathize with him over this :confused:

I'm intrigued whether thats net or gross if thats net then hes very well off although maybe thats before things like health insurance etc., he could have racked up a hefty bill with his bypass surgery. Personally I think I'd prefer £170 a week and knowing that I wouldn't be wiped out financially if I needed to have surgery

Also he went bankrupt in 2016 over a 30k debt so he mightn't be the best with money

The most poignant moment of the doc in retrospect was prince Harry stating she now has the family she never had - she had two families her fathers and her mothers and they have now walked away from the third family- very sad. I’m sure they have their reasons, but still very very sad.

Yes, that was shocking and really shows what a schemer she is. The good thing is, after all of these recent antics, I'm seeing people who were very supportive of her now saying, "WTH was I thinking".

Yes, that was shocking and really shows what a schemer she is. The good thing is, after all of these recent antics, I'm seeing people who were very supportive of her now saying, "WTH was I thinking".
Re your schemer comment, I'm genuinely interested to know what you speculate to be Meghan's end game. I'd love you to share that if you are comfortable to do so.

Re your schemer comment, I'm genuinely interested to know what you speculate to be Meghan's end game. I'd love you to share that if you are comfortable to do so.

$$$ and the power that comes from fame.

The “having family now” comment really broke my heart for Harry. These were words from his own mouth, not from pap or unnamed sources. Words or an idea he could only have gotten from her. I think she used her “family (or made up lack there of) to work herself into his head. Also, heartbreaking how proud and excited he sounded when talking of his own family. JMO

The Duchess of Cambridge spoke about her experience of being 'isolated' as a first-time mother as she continued her 24-hour tour of Britain today. After hearing about the support parents receive from the centre, Kate said:

'It's nice to be back in Wales. I was chatting to some of the mums, I had just had George and William was still working with search and rescue, so we came up here when George was a tiny, tiny little baby, in the middle of Anglesey. It was so isolated, so cut off, I didn't have my family around me, he was doing night shifts, so if only I'd had a centre like this at a certain time ...'

Kate Middleton visits baby sensory class in 24-hour UK tour | Daily Mail Online
I love this because being a first time mom can definitely be isolating for anyone. It’s relatable even if she’s a royal duchess/ future queen and we’re not. At least probably most of us aren’t. :p I bet it was actually even more isolating for her because of who she is.

I don’t think Thomas Markle did himself any favors doing this interview, if commenters on this Washington Post article are any indication. From the article:

In the documentary, Markle trashes his daughter while proclaiming his love. Many might find it must-see but sad TV, on a channel that features “Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly” and “Bad Girls Behind Bars.”

<snip>
He said that Meghan long ago promised him she would look after him in his senior years. “I’m 75 years old,” Markle said. “It’s time to look after daddy.”

The retiree said he lives off $5,600 a month, though he said he did receive $20,000 from Meghan.—————————-
As one commenter said (paraphrasing):

She can’t win...if she sends him money now, he will claim she’s buying his silence. If she cut him off he would say it’s because of the truth he told to the media.
—————————-
My thoughts: I’m not sure whether he means she needs to look after him financially or take him into her home to care for him, or pay for him to live in assisted living. But he’s doing something no parent should ever do to their child...he’s laying a guilt trip on her. $5600 a month goes quite far in Mexico, as does $20,000. I think he’s forgotten that he also has a son and grandson here in Oregon, unless they are estranged also.

Unfortunately, TM backed himself into a corner (with Samantha’s encouragement) when he had those pictures taken before the wedding. Up until that point, he was a welcome part of the wedding party. We don’t know what went on between them from that point until his heart attack. But even before his heart attack, I recall a very nice and welcoming statement by Harry and Meghan. But the problem was that after the news of the photos broke he would have been a tabloid nightmare if he had attended and walked her down the aisle. He blew it and he knew it. But he blames everyone else. JMO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...207f32-3d24-11ea-afe2-090eb37b60b1_story.html
BBM

I agree. It seems like his doing those pre-wedding photos is what changed the nature of their relationship. IMO what he did was the ultimate betrayal even though I do believe the media took advantage of him not being savvy about these things. He still shouldn’t have done it, and I can understand how MM was extremely hurt and angry.

ETA I mean that in MM’s mind it was the ultimate betrayal. Just wanted to make that clear.

I'm intrigued whether thats net or gross if thats net then hes very well off although maybe thats before things like health insurance etc., he could have racked up a hefty bill with his bypass surgery. Personally I think I'd prefer £170 a week and knowing that I wouldn't be wiped out financially if I needed to have surgery

At age 75 Medicare would be paying for the vast part of his cardiac bypass surgery and assuming he also had Part B and Part D Medicare, he would actually pay very little for his surgery.

If he was only 63 or so and not yet eligible for Medicare, it would be a completely different story.

My mother paid something like $129 for the cost of her triple cardiac bypass in California two years ago. Medicare and Senior Dimensions insurance paid the rest

It’s been a tradition for women to bend their knees while bowing their head to pay respects to high-ranking royals. “This may seem like a small detail, but honestly Meghan couldn’t stand curtsying,” an insider tells In Touch. “It’s what I think threw her over the edge, having to curtsy to everyone!”

Exclusive: Meghan Markle Thought 'Curtsying' Was 'Ridiculous' Before Canada Move

Queen, 93, pulls out of her annual visit to Sandringham branch of Women's Institute with just 30 minutes' notice because she 'has a cold'

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace told MailOnline the Queen 'has a slight cold', while an insider added it was 'no cause for alarm.'

Queen cancels visit to Sandringham WI as she 'has a cold' | Daily Mail Online

077BD2A5-120F-478D-B1D4-C7499DB13CF6.jpeg

I hope Her Majesty recovers well and quickly.

Queen, 93, pulls out of her annual visit to Sandringham branch of Women's Institute with just 30 minutes' notice because she 'has a cold'

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace told MailOnline the Queen 'has a slight cold', while an insider added it was 'no cause for alarm.'

Queen cancels visit to Sandringham WI as she 'has a cold' | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 227546

I hope Her Majesty recovers well and quickly.

I love that coat and hat on her!

Absolutely! I do hope she is protected from getting any types of diseases and viruses from anybody that is communicated through the air. In the United States, the flu is really On The Rise but I don't know about over there.

Seeing these photos of her, and many of the thread posts have talked about her iconic style, I wonder how many of her outfits will end up being sold to a museum in the future. Such fashion taste she has and is Iconic and Timeless! Others May disagree, but she is definitely a fashion icon for her age in my opinion. She has stayed the trend for her look for decades, which is hard to do but she has done it very well.

I just realized, when she goes out in public, there is no mention of who the designer was or what the brand is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak