FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not relevant, but I am surprised that this case has not gained traction or the public outcry like the Watts case. Maybe the difference is the strong presence of the Watts family on social media? Is society so numb now to those tragedies that it just notices those cases and goes on

ETA I could be mistaken:confused:
I think one factor is that there weren't many media reports of the family "missing" until right before they were "found" and Todt was arrested. There wasn't any official missing person report, Todt's sisters were only trying to piece together a timeline on a Facebook group, there were not any public pleas or real media reports until right before the end. It didn't create that same sense of urgency to find this "missing" photogenic picture perfect family with little kids and the matching family pajamas.

I think the public gets a bit more invested when there is that "missing" unknown factor AND when the husband denies being involved so the search for the "real killer" is on or the watch for the husband to finally be arrested -- Shanann Watts, Kelsey Berreth, Jennifer Dulos, Crystal McDowell, Heidi Broussard (fiance was NOT involved but much of the public jumped on thinking so). The cases where a death was quickly confirmed and the husband immediately confesses tend to fade out of the headlines more quickly - Jennifer Rothwell.. even though the details and outcome are just as mind-boggling and tragic. jmo.

According to autopsy reports from the Medical Examiner, Megan Todt, 42, Aleksander Todt, 13, and Tyler Todt, 11, all received stab wounds to the upper abdomen. The cause of death is pending regarding the autopsy of Zoe Todt, 4.
Children-1.jpg

FOX 35 News also received an arrest affidavit from the incident, which stated that "as the bodies were being moved, both Tyler and Alek Todt had lacerations to their abdomens. Zoey did not appear to have any lacerations. Meghan had two small lacerations to her abdomen."
Report reveals that Anthony Todt's wife, 2 children were fatally stabbed

upload_2020-1-23_15-32-51.jpeg
Channel 9 reporter Lauren Seabrook spoke Thursday with the chief medical examiner, who called the preliminary reports “rough drafts” and said anything can change with toxicology results, which are still pending.

The preliminary results show that Megan Todt was stabbed twice in the upper abdomen, and Aleksander and Tyler were both stabbed once in the upper abdomen. According to the report there was no evidence of injury to Zoe.

The report does not declare a cause of death for any of the family members. That is still listed as pending.

No information about injuries or the cause of death for the family dog has been released.
Todt family: New information released in deaths of Celebration woman, 3 children

Thank you so much for posting this. Some information is finally coming out. I hope the search warrant is unsealed, and I suspect it might include some statements AT made when he was arrested.

With any real detail lacking, I was wondering what he was doing in that house for weeks, and part of the time with no electricity. Very interesting that AT was seen by LE and federal agents entering his house. He was apparently out there and doing something, going about his business. He told LE that Megan was sleeping. Did he really think he was going to get away with what he did? JMO, I think in his mind he did.

I had a very bad feeling there was suffering by his wife, children and the little dog. To learn how his wife and sons were murdered. Unbelievable. Just hideous. These family annihilators do not spare their families from anguish and suffering. There is no information about the cause of death for Zoe. The medical examiner may not even be able to determine that.

A beautiful wife and mother, her beautiful children and the sweet little family dog all murdered by the one person they should have been able to trust the most! It makes so angry and the question in my mind will always be why? I'm pretty sure whatever excuse he tries to give will anger most of us even more.

Narcissist! Psychopath! JMO.

With his background in physical therapy I can only hope he had the knowledge to make their death as quick as possible. I am afraid of what else we will learn when more info comes out. :(

How grotesque is he? We don't hear about any defensive wounds, so one can only assume they were heavily drugged. But with what I wonder? Wouldn't an acute stab to the upper abdomen cause the body to wrench up in reaction and release adreneline?

We know all he had left for himself was benedryl. After frolicking about town (and out of town) for weeks. I wonder if Megan had even a hint of what an she married. Women have acute intuition, and although she may have not ever suspected he'd kill them all, my bet's on that she was suspicious in the later months that her husband was a con artist. I really hope we hear from a confidant of hers. I pray that she was not alone in her world and with her heavy thoughts.

For the sake of the family, I am holding out hope that his knowledge of anatomy meant he knew exactly where the aortic artery, or other nearby major arteries were located. Also speculating that the tox report will show the victims were unconscious. IMO

He
when they say "upper abdomen" that isn't heart, correct? jesus Christ the evil.....

I'm not a professional, but I don't think the heart is considered upper abdomen. He was a physical therapist with a masters degree. I'm pretty sure his education involved courses in human anatomy and he would have known exactly where to stab that would guarantee the death of each victim. JMO.

My opinions/observations.

He had days to run off after he killed his family.
There was an eviction notice there. At some point, the sheriff would have came to physically evict them.
He knew he was getting arrested on fraud.
He didn't answer the door, but was shaky (he wasn't resisting arrest).
He confessed to everything.

I'm just struck. Jmo

He

I'm not a professional, but I don't think the heart is considered upper abdomen. He was a physical therapist with a masters degree. I'm pretty sure his education involved courses in human anatomy and he would have known exactly where to stab that would guarantee the death of each victim. JMO.
NOw I wonder if there was a blow to the head because those wounds take awhile to bleed out from what I’ve read - I wonder if he tied them up ? It’s an awful amount of suffering IMO

View attachment 227602
Channel 9 reporter Lauren Seabrook spoke Thursday with the chief medical examiner, who called the preliminary reports “rough drafts” and said anything can change with toxicology results, which are still pending.

The preliminary results show that Megan Todt was stabbed twice in the upper abdomen, and Aleksander and Tyler were both stabbed once in the upper abdomen. According to the report there was no evidence of injury to Zoe.

The report does not declare a cause of death for any of the family members. That is still listed as pending.

No information about injuries or the cause of death for the family dog has been released.
Todt family: New information released in deaths of Celebration woman, 3 children
I’ve added to the media thread for the evening sleuthers - thanks to all for posting updates - this is such a horrific death IMO and those boys were 13 and 11 - I wonder if he did it in their sleep?
JMO

I find it odd that there are so many people mourning Tony out there, posting pictures, sharing PT stories...even now, after the stabbing part's been revealed -- truly mourning the family, while very much including him. This was a guy that was really loved. I have a real hard time wrapping my head around that. Maybe because I'm not reading anything intimately written for the love of Megan.

How grotesque is he? We don't hear about any defensive wounds, so one can only assume they were heavily drugged. But with what I wonder? Wouldn't an acute stab to the upper abdomen cause the body to wrench up in reaction and release adreneline?

We know all he had left for himself was benedryl. After frolicking about town (and out of town) for weeks. I wonder if Megan had even a hint of what an ******* she married. Women have acute intuition, and although she may have not ever suspected he'd kill them all, my bet's on that she was suspicious in the later months that her husband was a con artist. I really hope we hear from a confidant of hers. I pray that she was not alone in her world and with her heavy thoughts.

He's every bit as grotesque as Chris Watts, IMO. I also pray his victims were drugged and unaware what was happening but I have a bad feeling they may not have been.

JMO, for years, the decisions he was making were the decisions of an out-of-control lunatic who was hell bent on total financial devastation. With respect to the fraud he committed and later admitted, did he not realize before he started down that path that it could result in his incarceration and the loss of the privilege to practice in his profession? He continued to do it for almost five years.

I'm very strongly leaning in the direction that he was a lunatic and she may have been unaware. She may have considered him to be the great love of her life, as well as a great father and a very good provider. It appears he was able to sell that image to everyone.

A notice of eviction for their rental home was placed on their front door on December 15th. No one saw Megan or her children after that date. No Christmas decorations were outside or inside the house.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member