Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

‘He’s a long-distance marathon runner so he has done that trail before and he used to live in Natomas, so it all kind of connects,’ Perri told FOX40.

How does that all connect?!?!?

If my girlfriend left at 2:30am (and she is a long distance runner wearing berkinstocks), the last place I would think of is her old apartment 12 miles away. No matter how many times she ran there during the day wearing running shoes, a smart watch, and fully charged phone.

Don’t forget that the dogs pinged on her car as much as they pinged on the river.

Ruud’s trial expected to be rescheduled

The scheduled Jan. 27 murder trial for Theodosia-area resident Rebecca Ruud will likely be rescheduled, due to an unexpected complication – the disappearance of the son of Circuit Judge Calvin Holden, who is assigned to the case.

The expected cancellation and resetting of Ruud’s trial will be the fifth time it has been rescheduled since it was filed in Taney County Court on a change of venue motion in October 2017.

Alex Holden, Judge Holden’s son, reportedly went missing from his Sacramento, California, home on New Year’s Eve.

Holden and wife, Margaret Palmietto, also a Missouri judge, traveled to California early this month and have been actively searching there for their son. The couple has issued a $10,000 cash reward for information that leads to Alex’s return. Alex Holden is described as 6-feet 1-inch tall with brown hair and brown eyes. He was reportedly last seen wearing a tan pullover sweater at his apartment near the intersection of 23 and I Streets in central Sacramento.

Holden told the Springfield News-Leader that he and his wife had been diligently searching for clues relating to Alex’s disappearance, but the pair have hit a wall and are unsure what else to do in California. Holden told the News-Leader Thursday that he planned to return to Missouri over the weekend and would likely resume his duties as judge Tuesday. He said Palmietto may also return sometime this week.

“At some point, we have to say we’ll go back,” Holden told the News-Leader. “And if a good tip comes up or something, it won’t take long to get on a plane and come back [to Sacramento].”

Ruud was scheduled to appear for a pre-trial conference before Holden on Jan. 13, but the hearing was continued due to the judge’s absence.
Continued at link

Savannah's thread: Found Deceased - MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 *Arrests*

I haven't read this thread yet. Is there any chance that Alex Holden disappearing is related to his dad being the judge on the Savannah Leckie murder case? My first thought is that it's probably unrelated... but wondering if someone wants to sway a judge could holding his son for ransom or murdering his son be part of their scheme? It's the 5th time that Rebecca Rudd's trial has been rescheduled and it's also undergone three judges and a change of venue. Rudd also waived her right to a jury trial and instead opted for a bench trial which I find very unusual-- that means the judge decides her fate.

:eek:o_O

Savannah's thread: Found Deceased - MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 *Arrests*

I haven't read this thread yet. Is there any chance that Alex Holden disappearing is related to his dad being the judge on the Savannah Leckie murder case? My first thought is that it's probably unrelated... but wondering if someone wants to sway a judge could holding his son for ransom or murdering his son be part of their scheme? It's the 5th time that Rebecca Rudd's trial has been rescheduled and it's also undergone three judges and a change of venue. Rudd also waived her right to a jury trial and instead opted for a bench trial which I find very unusual-- that means the judge decides her fate.

That gave me the chills. That could definitely be a possibility... scary if it is.

‘He’s a long-distance marathon runner so he has done that trail before and he used to live in Natomas, so it all kind of connects,’ Perri told FOX40.

How does that all connect?!?!?

If my girlfriend left at 2:30am (and she is a long distance runner wearing berkinstocks), the last place I would think of is her old apartment 12 miles away. No matter how many times she ran there during the day wearing running shoes, a smart watch, and fully charged phone.

Don’t forget that the dogs pinged on her car as much as they pinged on the river.
Well, that's to be expected. I'm sure he sat in her car many times.

My feeling on this is, if that was the situation, he would’ve gone missing from a location that’s part of his normal routine such as leaving work. MOO

Well that was definitely one of the first thoughts in this thread—if maybe his parents being judges had something to do with his disappearance. :eek::eek::eek:

It's too bad that Alex's missing status resulted in a trial being postponed.

I understand the attorneys are deeply involved in their cases and it would mean a long delay if a new attorney needed to step in on either side -- but isn't it relatively easy to put a case before a different judge than planned? I thought it was intended that the judge doesn't know much about the case before the trial.

Maybe the courts are simply too busy to have a different judge available on such short notice?

My feeling on this is, if that was the situation, he would’ve gone missing from a location that’s part of his normal routine such as leaving work. MOO
It's been said numerous times that his car had not been running for some time. So I'm assuming that he'd never be leaving work alone.
He'd be walking out with whoever was driving him home--girlfriend if their shifts aligned, or whoever.

From comments made, it seems like he always went places with her or friends, so the only time he'd be alone would be while walking.

It would be nearly impossible for a person who wanted ransom to be waiting outside for him at 2:30AM. Plus, he would have been nearly impossible to find. I tried looking for all of his previous addresses using a rather sophisticated database, and that address at the apartment wasn’t even in his name. It was his girlfriend’s.

I hate to say this, but I’m really starting to wonder if he’s trying to get a ransom with some help. The police suddenly quit searching, the family left, his phone didn’t die the second he walked outside of his apartment.

His family emphasize “His Favorite Places to Visit” and have asked him to “come home.” It’s the only plausible theory that I can come up with.

It would be nearly impossible for a person who wanted ransom to be waiting outside for him at 2:30AM. Plus, he would have been nearly impossible to find. I tried looking for all of his previous addresses using a rather sophisticated database, and that address at the apartment wasn’t even in his name. It was his girlfriend’s.

I hate to say this, but I’m really starting to wonder if he’s trying to get a ransom with some help. The police suddenly quit searching, the family left, his phone didn’t die the second he walked outside of his apartment.

His family emphasize “His Favorite Places to Visit” and have asked him to “come home.” It’s the only plausible theory that I can come up with.

Of course, anything is possible. IMO, LE think he committed suicide. And he may have. Besides the car, the only other place the dogs hit is near the river. They conducted the huge search there and didn't find anything but the river would have carried him away, I would think.

It's my opinion that his state of mind played a huge part in his disappearance but I don't think for one minute that he just walked away from his life to start over somewhere else.

Did his GF break up with him that night? Or, did he realize that it was over and couldn't deal with it? His workplace is a high-stress environment, especially during the holidays, and this could have been the stressor that pushed him over the edge.

His family, GF and friends have done a remarkable job protecting his privacy. I only hope that they shared the missing bits of the story with LE because the story that's been made public has a lot of holes in it.

Of course, anything is possible. IMO, LE think he committed suicide. And he may have. Besides the car, the only other place the dogs hit is near the river. They conducted the huge search there and didn't find anything but the river would have carried him away, I would think.

It's my opinion that his state of mind played a huge part in his disappearance but I don't think for one minute that he just walked away from his life to start over somewhere else.

Did his GF break up with him that night? Or, did he realize that it was over and couldn't deal with it? His workplace is a high-stress environment, especially during the holidays, and this could have been the stressor that pushed him over the edge.

His family, GF and friends have done a remarkable job protecting his privacy. I only hope that they shared the missing bits of the story with LE because the story that's been made public has a lot of holes in it.

That theory would have been plausible but the police even stated that if he wound up in the river, he would have been found by now.

Plus, that bridge isn’t like the Golden Gate Bridge, where a lot of people commit suicide. It’s not like you would jump from it into the water and die. He would have jumped into the river and had to drown himself. There aren’t any suicides where people drown themselves.

It's been said numerous times that his car had not been running for some time. So I'm assuming that he'd never be leaving work alone.
He'd be walking out with whoever was driving him home--girlfriend if their shifts aligned, or whoever.

From comments made, it seems like he always went places with her or friends, so the only time he'd be alone would be while walking.
Since his car is not running, where does he keep it. (From the photo of him sitting on it, it appears to be a Mercedes convertible). Anyway, I'm sure they've checked the car. And the trunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
That theory would have been plausible but the police even stated that if he wound up in the river, he would have been found by now.

Plus, that bridge isn’t like the Golden Gate Bridge, where a lot of people commit suicide. It’s not like you would jump from it into the water and die. He would have jumped into the river and had to drown himself. There aren’t any suicides where people drown themselves.

I don't disagree with your main point--but people do suicide by drowning without jumping from a high point. Sometimes they have something to weight themselves down, but more commonly they just swim to exhaustion and then go under. It's not common but it does happen.

The family took the car “to prevent it from being ticketed or towed.”
I thought that an odd statement when I heard it. A car can only be towed if it's parked in some kind of timed parking, or if the stickers are 6 months expired.

Gave me a "We're looking for you, but we're taking your car cause you'll never need it again" kind of feeling.

<modsnip: quoted post was edited>

Regarding the pallets: That was a local news story for like a minute and seemed to be dropped quicker than I expected. I've heard it brought up by volunteers and there's a quick "that has nothing to do with this" from somebody and that's that. (I honestly didn't know who was who in the volunteer searches, so I don't know if that was an "official" comment or not.) I've not heard anyone from Amazon comment other than saying that he was a nice guy at work. At the very beginning, someone commented on a local news story to check "what was going on at Amazon" and I think it got deleted. Interesting theory, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that an odd statement when I heard it. A car can only be towed if it's parked in some kind of timed parking, or if the stickers are 6 months expired.

Gave me a "We're looking for you, but we're taking your car cause you'll never need it again" kind of feeling.

Really? Even if it's parked on the street?

Around here it'd be gone in a few days. Less, if there was a snowstorm.

Either way, I hope they looked in the trunk. He wouldn't be the first person who accidentally (or not) got locked in.

That can vary greatly by state and local laws, or even by rules in private complexes. I've lived in apartments where they would remove a car within a few days if it didn't display current registration.

I beg to differ. This just happened today in a lake. Not a fast running frigid river that scuba divers can only safely be in in wet suits for an hour.
Body of missing Notre Dame student found in lake on campus

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back