The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they aren’t seeing each other, when they can. I now feel like a prying eye, but from what I’ve seen (and I don’t go
googling the royal family on a daily basis to see what they are up to, nor do I follow anything). They aren’t meeting up and introducing their son to any of the RF. i have never been for a weekend to visit my parents or in-laws and not taken their grandchild for at least a short cuddle. I honestly think it’s sad, and I think a lot of people fear that it may not be the positive, optimistic thing they both hope for.

How on earth would you know that? And decisions about when family see each other are personal. His decision to take his family out of royal life and live elsewhere don’t preclude him from having a relationship with his brother.

Kate is famous also!

So? So what? Sounds like people are expecting perfection and if they don’t see or hear it they’re taking that opportunity to pounce. I don’t care if Kate is also famous and hasn’t said the same words.

Leave them alone. Famous people don’t “ask for it”.

If any one of us had the scrutiny these people have we’d destroyed by the press and public.

The public and press hounded princess Diana to death. And now no matter what this family does it’s happening to them.

Oh and has anyone compared Kate’s children to apes? She’s lucky that Meghan came along for the nasty public and press to harp on so they wouldn’t stalk her as much and maybe try to get more naked photos of her on private property.

But Meghan has a choice she doesn’t, to step out. And I’m glad she’s taking it.

I don’t understand anyone criticizing her. Sounds like bitter ugliness to me.

How on earth would you know that? And decisions about when family see each other are personal. His decision to take his family out of royal life and live elsewhere don’t preclude him from having a relationship with his brother.
Because they have openly stated it
Hence the links to the non tabloid press

That's a pretty dramatic and oversimplified way to put it, imo. I would say what I posted falls somewhere between 0 and 1 on the "cruel" scale - especially since we don't know each other and she'll never know I said it, nor care if she did. And she's not just "famous." She said those things as a member of the Royal Family with a hoard of staff, including multiple round-the-clock nannies, AND she said them while standing in Africa amongst people for whom just living from one day to the next is a terrible ordeal. The wrongness of that is implicit, imo. And the juxtaposition of the context of her comments with Kate's highlights it. jmo

I believe your comments are dramatic. And over critical. She was asked a question. She is and has been harassed to death. I don’t care that she was asked it while in Africa. Everything is relative. She wasn’t whining, she was telling the truth. Being harassed the way she and her family have been results in the same feelings as being harassed by an ex. It’s appalling and relentless.

I think people need to start having a bit of self reflection about their own hearts before savaging this poor woman for every damn move she makes and every last thing she utters. This is ridiculous, frankly. Especially for women to attack other women this way, IMO.

I’m disappointed to see this attitude on Websleuths.

Last edited:
Do you think Harry could rejoin TRF?

I've had relatives move away and there is no longer any close relationship. And that was within the same continent. Don't kid yourself you can can maintain a close relationship with anyone ...on what....Skype?

So? So what? Sounds like people are expecting perfection and if they don’t see or hear it they’re taking that opportunity to pounce. I don’t care if Kate is also famous and hasn’t said the same words.

Leave them alone. Famous people don’t “ask for it”.

If any one of us had the scrutiny these people have we’d destroyed by the press and public.

The public and press hounded princess Diana to death. And now no matter what this family does it’s happening to them.

Oh and has anyone compared Kate’s children to apes? She’s lucky that Meghan came along for the nasty public and press to harp on so they wouldn’t stalk her as much and maybe try to get more naked photos of her on private property.

But Meghan has a choice she doesn’t, to step out. And I’m glad she’s taking it.

I don’t understand anyone criticizing her. Sounds like bitter ugliness to me.
Danny baker was a nobody to most people and was sacked straight away for his picture. In fact I had to google your reference and still didn’t see the offending picture.

I believe your comments are dramatic. And over critical. She was asked a question. She is and has been harassed to death. I don’t care that she was asked it while in Africa. Everything is relative. She wasn’t whining, she was telling the truth. Being harassed the way she and her family have been tested the same feeling as being harassed by an ex. It’s appalling and relentless.

I think people need to start having a bit of self reflection about their own hearts before savaging this poor woman for every damn move she makes and every last thing she utters. This is ridiculous, frankly. Especially for women to attack other women this way, IMO.

How was she harassed by a personal friend of her husbands interviewing her? She certainly doesn’t look harassed, and it was pre arranged.

The bloke walked behind his mothers coffin as a kid after she was basically hounded to death by the press.........said press should leave him alone and perhaps hound his dodgepot uncle that liked knocking about with kiddie fiddlers instead.
Good luck Harry, I'm still not sure on the missus but hey ho, you do what's best for your family fella ;)

I believe your comments are dramatic. And over critical. She was asked a question. She is and has been harassed to death. I don’t care that she was asked it while in Africa. Everything is relative. She wasn’t whining, she was telling the truth. Being harassed the way she and her family have been tested the same feeling as being harassed by an ex. It’s appalling and relentless.

You say potato, I say pohtahto. Diversity of opinion makes the world go around. I like a lot of women. I don't like Markle. Thankfully, I'm not required to.

The bloke walked behind his mothers coffin as a kid after she was basically hounded to death by the press.........said press should leave him alone and perhaps hound his dodgepot uncle that liked knocking about with kiddie fiddlers instead.
Good luck Harry, I'm still not sure on the missus but hey ho, you do what's best for your family fella ;)
Oh my life @Barbieshell , Welcome to the debate.

Bbm: excellent insight, Imr.

— Yes, our Jen Anniston showed the world how it’s done this past week. She’s actually a great example of an independent woman with a quick sense of humor, who has had it all, lost, humiliated, and emerges a darling. And her Dior gown was gorgeous on her beautiful self.

She is an experienced woman. As an aside, I always loved how David Letterman was totally smitten with her. It’s not just because of her rocking healthful body, they had a quick self deprecating rapport. I’ve always thought that’s how you come out on top.

What came through at the SAG awards (with our Brad & Jen) was something very genuine. And that is gold.

You never know when you’re going to have a moment like that. To really shine.

PR is not about what you say so much as it is about “how” “the way” you say it. Meghan was bogged down in her inexperience, but also in the purposeful victim narrative in the film.

I’m more critical of whoever thought it was a good idea. If that’s H&M, they have some soul searching to do.

—Imo.
Fairly sure MM got rid of their original press gang quite rapidly- would have to search though

How was she harassed by a personal friend of her husbands interviewing her? She certainly doesn’t look harassed, and it was pre arranged.

I think describing the documentary-maker as a personal friend might be a slight mischaracterization, kinda like the Mirror(?) making it seem like Arthur Edwards (the photographer, maybe that was the Sun and not the Mirror?) knew Diana quite so well.

I think describing the documentary-maker as a personal friend might be a slight mischaracterization, kinda like the Mirror(?) making it seem like Arthur Edwards (the photographer, maybe that was the Sun and not the Mirror?) knew Diana quite so well.

He attended their wedding in a non professional capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam