UK UK - Ronald Owen and Edith Owen, dog & parrot, murdered, Northampton, 25 Apr 1983

Can’t find much, doesn’t seem to be on a unsolved website.
Ancestry has a few details
View attachment 227799
Ronald James Owens
1921–1983
BIRTH 1 SEP 1921 • Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
DEATH 23 APR 1983 • Northampton, Northamptonshire, England

View attachment 227800

Edith Joan Owens
1923–1983
BIRTH 16 MAR 1923
DEATH 23 APR 1983

Good luck with your search

This is great ! Thank u so much , its a lot more than i had 5 minutes ago ! Thank u kindly

My family isnt a close knit family , i wouldnt be offending anybody, ill be suprised if any of them talk to each other ,

Id like to know why, as with any murder case so im sure u can imagine being family im more curious than any other murder , and id like to know if the person was caught, is it someone i know ? Have i met them ?

Im one of those that the harder the task the more i need to know , so i came over here hoping u lovely lot would help and u really have , thank u all again ,

My family isnt a close knit family , i wouldnt be offending anybody, ill be suprised if any of them talk to each other ,

Id like to know why, as with any murder case so im sure u can imagine being family im more curious than any other murder , and id like to know if the person was caught, is it someone i know ? Have i met them ?

Im one of those that the harder the task the more i need to know , so i came over here hoping u lovely lot would help and u really have , thank u all again ,
I understand mrsward truly I do however there are processes and procedures in place with regards the flow of information to family between the Senior investigation officer and the family. This is to protect the integrity of investigation and also to protect the evidence.especially if the offender wasn’t caught at the time because with the advancement in forensic retrieval of evidence and technology, it could be that there’s a cold case team working on the investigation. You could be furnished basic details as a member of the public but you would not be given names of suspects that are not already in the public domain. The beat course of action imoo is to write to the Chief Constable of the police force area where this occurred and explain that you are extend family and you wish to know more about the investigation and where the status of it currently stands. Then come back to me once you have a reply and I can assist you further if you so wish . Good luck

Giving the thread a bump, any other information found?

Hi there, I'm also a relative. My mum, Kim told me about the case. They were her great aunt and uncle. They lived on Cranford Road. She also told me they're buried in Kingsthorpe cemetery. I asked if the perpetrator had been caught and she said their nephew did it.

My nan's name was Pam, she had 4 children: Mark, Dawn, Kim and Glynn. Owens was her 2nd husband, thus my mum's name was Owens before she met my dad. My name is Amy. Feel free to get in contact if you want anymore info.

Hi there, I'm also a relative. My mum, Kim told me about the case. They were her great aunt and uncle. They lived on Cranford Road. She also told me they're buried in Kingsthorpe cemetery. I asked if the perpetrator had been caught and she said their nephew did it.

My nan's name was Pam, she had 4 children: Mark, Dawn, Kim and Glynn. Owens was her 2nd husband, thus my mum's name was Owens before she met my dad. My name is Amy. Feel free to get in contact if you want anymore info.

Welcome Amy, so if Pam was your grandmother, how is she related to Ron & Edith, I’m struggling to work out the family tree! Was Ronald the brother of your gran’s second husband? Are you and @mrsward on the same side of the tree? And how does the nephew fit in?

Welcome Amy, so if Pam was your grandmother, how is she related to Ron & Edith, I’m struggling to work out the family tree! Was Ronald the brother of your gran’s second husband? Are you and @mrsward on the same side of the tree? And how does the nephew fit in?

Mum just said they were her great aunt and uncle. Nan's second husband was an Owens. I've never met him and don't even know his name, Nan Pam's 3rd husband was always my grandad. I don't really want to bring him up to my mum, because from what I've gleaned from conversations, he was s**ually abusive to her, Dawn and physically to Glynn.

This case was solved, I would need to get all the information off of my uncle. But it is a solved case.

r0_0_270_212_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Ronald Peter Owen. Picture: NSW police

A Queanbeyan person has reported a family member as missing, 56 years after he was last seen.

The family member provided a DNA sample to a pop-up familial collection program in Queanbeyan earlier this month. The clinic is an initiative of the NSW Police Missing Persons Registry.

Ronald Peter Owen was last seen at his family home on Norman Street in Wendouree West, Victoria, some time in 1966.
He was only 18 at the time. Mr Owen would now be 75.
However, he was not reported missing to police at the time of his disappearance. His family believe he may have travelled to NSW shortly after he went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back