Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Regarding the comments on: drunk and nearby water.

Please go to Google Maps and go to street view from 22 & I to the American River. It's 2.3 miles. And it's not like the bike trail runs right along the river where you just step off into the water. In every part that I've walked you had to slog through shrubs and tall weeds to get to the water's edge. And hope you didn't dodge around a big shrub and run into a homeless person. Or a wild animal.

I get that drunk people drown. But if you're that drunk that you'd drown would you really be capable of walking nearly 2 1/2 miles and then dodging through underbrush until you even found the water?
I’m inclined to agree with you. The accidental drowning sounds plausible to someone who doesn’t live in Sacramento, but as someone also from Midtown, that is a hell of a walk to water at 2:30 (or later) in the morning. I think he would have to be absolutely plastered to be able to walk that far and still be drunk enough to stumble into water, unless he continued drinking while walking. In addition, no cameras anywhere caught him walking that far? I get that it happens all the time, but for Alex it just doesn’t seem to add up logistically.

Please go to Google Maps and go to street view from 22 & I to the American River. It's 2.3 miles. And it's not like the bike trail runs right along the river where you just step off into the water. In every part that I've walked you had to slog through shrubs and tall weeds to get to the water's edge. And hope you didn't dodge around a big shrub and run into a homeless person. Or a wild animal.

I get that drunk people drown. But if you're that drunk that you'd drown would you really be capable of walking nearly 2 1/2 miles and then dodging through underbrush until you even found the water?

Yes, the distance and difficulty of getting to water’s edge is one of the reasons I’m now leaning away from this theory. If he did fall into the water then I think it’s more likely he fell off a bridge, either intentionally or unintentionally.

But either way I just don’t think he would have been impaired enough by 2:30am to stumble and die in the water. He could have continued drinking at the apartment of course. So that’s always a possibility. But I’m not inclined to think he’d have been still pounding down the drinks at that hour. He was having an emotional conversation. It’s more extreme to me to envision a very drunk AH arguing with his girlfriend while he cracks open more drinks, than seems likely in this case. I don’t know. Possible he kept drinking, but my instinct would be no.

MOO.

Last edited:
The thing about his d.l. and or lack thereof and a non working car taking up valuable parking space in front of their residence worries me a bit and the reason being, and I'm speculating, that maybe he somehow lost privileges re driving. Maybe because of DUI's.

I wonder if his alcohol use was a problem. I am keenly aware (fair or unfair) of these kind of scenarios. So I am speculating. But if it was and I was the gf, I'd be kicking his junky posterior out the door.

Apropos of possibly nothing, but I found an article published last November about the exact Amazon fulfillment center where he worked. Interesting story about employees there that formed a group just last September to protest the company's policies. As a manager, I wonder if he was affected/involved in this?

What a Tour of an Amazon Fulfillment Center Reveals

This isn’t about a city having water, it’s about these exact same circumstances being repeated over and over. Everyone knows that drunk people have a habit of falling in water.

I can think of several cases near me where it’s occurred, and it only takes a quick Google search to come up with countless news accounts of similar events.

The odds of anything else happening here are far less likely than this all too common scenario.

Running away seems highly improbable.

A kidnapping under these circumstances seems incredibly far fetched.

I don’t understand why this has to be anything other than what it appears to be.

Yes. I don't discount the possibility that he went into the water voluntarily either.

Apropos of possibly nothing, but I found an article published last November about the exact Amazon fulfillment center where he worked. Interesting story about employees there that formed a group just last September to protest the company's policies. As a manager, I wonder if he was affected/involved in this?

What a Tour of an Amazon Fulfillment Center Reveals
I don't think there's a job there that isn't highly stressful. And not because it's poorly managed or that people are taken advantage of. The business model itself creates a stressful environment.

The thing about his d.l. and or lack thereof and a non working car taking up valuable parking space in front of their residence worries me a bit and the reason being, and I'm speculating, that maybe he somehow lost privileges re driving. Maybe because of DUI's.

I wonder if his alcohol use was a problem. I am keenly aware (fair or unfair) of these kind of scenarios. So I am speculating. But if it was and I was the gf, I'd be kicking his junky posterior out the door.

Thank you for pinpointing why the car was bothering me.

That car is not just transportation. That's the kind of car you have a love affair with. People who buy that kind of car usually take care of it, spend time in it, make excuses to drive it. If it really was out of commission and he wasn't getting it repaired, that's odd. But your explanation makes sense. I suppose it could be financial as well. But it's odd from the point of view of Alex's behavior, not the car itself.

bridge.jpg map.jpg

Here's a map from his apt to the bridge and a pic while on the bridge. It certainly looks jump-able if that's what happened. How he got there without being seen on several business cams is where I pause.

Wow, that’s mind blowing. I’d not heard of that case (and I’m local!).

There is a thread here on it and his girlfriend was posting. His phone showed him walking miles in circles through the parking areas, nearby streets, in crazy loops. No one thought of drowning since the water is marshy and definitely not deep enough to drown (we thought!). Cases like that are why I think a lot of people still consider water likely even if it seems unlikely.

There is a thread here on it and his girlfriend was posting. His phone showed him walking miles in circles through the parking areas, nearby streets, in crazy loops. No one thought of drowning since the water is marshy and definitely not deep enough to drown (we thought!). Cases like that are why I think a lot of people still consider water likely even if it seems unlikely.

In a lot of cases where somebody dies in the water, they don't actually drown. When a person goes into cold water, the body can go into shock that paralyzes them--usually briefly, but sometimes for as long as half a minute, long enough to be unable to recover. Or they can die of hypothermia. Or in the case of this guy, possibly becoming so chilled and fatigued that when he fell into the water, he wasn't able to get himself out.

Exactly.

The family stated that they took possession of the car to prevent it from being towed. Even though it didn’t run and he never used it.

It wasn’t stated that it “didn’t run.” The car needed some maintenance work done, every place the guy went was nearby and within walking distance and he’s an ultra marathoner. IMO he probably moved it every couple of days to avoid getting a ticket but didn’t feel comfortable driving it long distances until he had the work done. I get the feeling that driving a car wasn’t a big deal to him. I don’t find the car an issue at all.

I just wonder if he didn’t leave voluntarily for some reason. LE would keep in mind he is an adult and has a right to go wherever he wants, when he wants and have the privacy to do so. With his parents going back to work, I half think they believe that as well. JMO

Lots of families with a missing person probably have to go back to work before the person is found. I can see judges having to get back as soon as possible.

It wasn’t stated that it “didn’t run.” The car needed some maintenance work done, every place the guy went was nearby and within walking distance and he’s an ultra marathoner. IMO he probably moved it every couple of days to avoid getting a ticket but didn’t feel comfortable driving it long distances until he had the work done. I get the feeling that driving a car wasn’t a big deal to him. I don’t find the car an issue at all.

It also looks like a fun vacation car. I know growing up in NYC some families had cars they kept in long-term parking and never used except for vacations and trips over the summer. If you can walk everywhere or take public transportation, driving may not be an everyday thing for you (even if you have a cool car you love)

Then how did he get to work every day? I'd thought earlier that maybe he'd ridden in with his girlfriend, but original posts talked about him being due back at work Sunday night, and her complaining because she had to be up early morning for work.

It was around 13 miles to work each way.

Then how did he get to work every day? I'd thought earlier that maybe he'd ridden in with his girlfriend, but original posts talked about him being due back at work Sunday night, and her complaining because she had to be up early morning for work.

He could be taking Uber/Lyft. Or maybe she works close to their apartment and he drives her car.

This is a great question. I was just poking around online and apparently there is no company transportation option (such as a company bus). And someone actually priced out an Uber from Sacramento on a site and it was crazy expensive. And there is no way he ran to and from work every day.

So I don’t know how he got to work unless he and his gf went in together. She must just have had different vacation days. Or maybe his car had recently broken down- I can’t remember if it was stated as fact how long the car had not been working (?).

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back