AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

It’s her home. Not lived there in two months. But all her belongings were there.

What the heck?
It seems weird to me as well. I am not sure what to think. I never thought the house was a "crack house" although it is riddled with junk. It still leaves the question open when the old man was moved from the home for care.

I think one of the first tips that may have come in was that Fredrick Hampton was at that house and that was an oddity. I am sure neighbors remember the history of his first rape. UGH. Does it even matter at this point? I had wanted more information about the house weeks ago and now that I have it. It does not help with anything.

Seajay, thanks for posting. I had lung surgery for cancer in 2011. The surgeon's nurse told me that surgery is harder to recover from than open heart. I did the same thing as you, take half of the percocet. Try to find a pain management doctor who doesn't prescribe narcotics. There are different modalities they can try that don't involve drugs. Right now I have a TENS unit on my lower back. (I have arthritis due to a badly broken hip earlier in life.) You can buy one without a prescription.
Hey CDmom. I bought a TENS unit about 6 months ago. Thank you. I hope you have no residual from your surgery.

It seems weird to me as well. I am not sure what to think. I never thought the house was a "crack house" although it is riddled with junk. It still leaves the question open when the old man was moved from the home for care.

I think one of the first tips that may have come in was that Fredrick Hampton was at that house and that was an oddity. I am sure neighbors remember the history of his first rape. UGH. Does it even matter at this point? I had wanted more information about the house weeks ago and now that I have it. It does not help with anything.
This case just gets odder and odder

Was people known to FH squatting there? That the homeowner had no idea who was at that house since she hadn’t been there in two months?

Was people known to FH squatting there? That the homeowner had no idea who was at that house since she hadn’t been there in two months?

I didn't hear this was the owner. Maybe the woman alleging she lived there but had not been home for two months was the squatter (and family can be the worst squatter). Why the sudden urgency to break the police barricade to get to the house only when it became a crime scene. Maybe she left things behind that should not be there especially if police are crawling all over the property. MOO

I didn't hear this was the owner. Maybe the woman alleging she lived there but had not been home for two months was the squatter (and family can be the worst squatter). Why the sudden urgency to break the police barricade to get to the house only when it became a crime scene. Maybe she left things behind that should not be there especially if police are crawling all over the property. MOO

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

She's the squatter; either that or an evictee. She also didn't hang around the reporter to give her opinion on camera; so for whatever reason, I'd say she probably doesn't want someone seeing/knowing her face.

Also out of curiosity how of some of y 'all able to find accounts when the real name is not used? like how was it determine that his name was diggum Hampton facebook?

It's interesting that he has the nickname "Diggum", as in digging holes in the ground. Who knows, perhaps he has committed other crimes and buried other people before. There may be other murders or disappearances in his past that he has never been charged with.

She's the squatter; either that or an evictee. She also didn't hang around the reporter to give her opinion on camera; so for whatever reason, I'd say she probably doesn't want someone seeing/knowing her face.
Hmm. So the house is suppose to be vacant and she’s the squatter who throws parties and uses it as a crack house?? If she is, wonder where she’s been the last two months? Jail? What is her association with FH? How do we know it’s not her?

@Seajay I sincerely hope you are doing well after your surgery. I think all us sluthers are glad to have you around. My ex mother in law passed years ago from lung cancer. Unfortunately her son was stealing her percs and THC pills and taking and selling them behind her back to get heroin. Addiction is very real and very scary.
I’m sad for PH, she seemed to have such a loving supportive family and support system, whatever caused her death didn’t mean she needed to be disposed of like that, she was a human being not garbage. I really hope that her and her family get justice. I admire her mothers strength.
I know, her mother has been so strong in the face of this tragic death. Losing a child, no matter what age has got to be the most devastating thing in the world. I sincerely hope she gets the answers she needs. Not necessarily the ones she wants but the ones she needs.

That’s part of the truth about drugs. They will steal from anyone to get their drug of choice. Nothing can stand between the addict and their next fix. If they don’t get it, they get sick. Paighton was able to escape that life. But the call of the drug is intense. Some get drawn back in. It’s the nature of the beast. I hope Paighton wasn’t dragged back into it, but some of the facts in this case, the house in Brighton, Hueytown says different. IMO

In my experience around here, LE is on top of this. They only tell us what they want us to know, not what they know. I’m sure they are avidly looking for FH since his disappearance. I’m positive there are detectives working this non stop and won’t quit until they have FH in hand and the results of the tox. I hope it’s soon. JMO

Thank you, KayBe, for that courageous post [also to all of the other posters who've opened up about their experiences]. I also think you bring up some excellent points about the "payment" side of addition.

Just a few points. I've been sitting and watching for about a week. We've had some questions answered but still, as noted, lots of unknowns.

1) Felons and employment. There's not a lot of places felons can work. Restaurant and bar kitchens/cleanup/etc. is one of those places. There are a lot of those kind of establishments in the Tin Roof area. "Knowing someone" isn't too difficult in those environments even if they work somewhere else. So, the idea that FH left employment due to his arrest or bugging out after his release and not going to work is not a far fetched theory.

2) Given the unknown circumstances of that night (and I do think everything happened that night/early AM -- except maybe the burial) there is another somewhat obvious reason they can't find FH. Because perhaps he is no longer around in a permanent manner?

3) Or the idea that FH was involved in payment enforcement or in other manners of illicit activity is another way they could have ended up in the same place that night. This theory also doesn't rule out #2.

Been busy with work -- sorry I missed the latest cleanup [not]. I have changed my thinking somewhat with the case given what we know but there still could be some interesting and unexpected twists and turns before we get to the end of this story.

All the "OOs" as always.

Trucking Industry Looks to Felons to Plug Driver Shortage | Trucks.com

Appears a job in the trucking industry could also have been an option for him.
I’m sure most employers would very quickly separate themselves from anyone being held in jail during the work week and on suspicion of kidnapping. We had an employee on the unit arrested as part of a violent gang assault that made the news. She was fired just as soon as the hospital was notified of her incarceration. Didn’t matter if she was ultimately guilty or not.
I’m sure this investigation has been a legal nightmare for PH’s employer and i’m sure they are ready for it to be solved and go away. Moo

It's interesting that he has the nickname "Diggum", as in digging holes in the ground. Who knows, perhaps he has committed other crimes and buried other people before. There may be other murders or disappearances in his past that he has never been charged with.
This was my first thought too. I googled it and an excavation/landscape company comes up (not in Alabama tho). But there is a book/movie called “Diggum”:eek:

ETA: Or Mayb he is related to or connections to another “Diggum” with an obit from Georgia?

Last edited:
Was he someone known to her via work? Or was peripheral member of her work related group of friends/coworkers?

I'm sure if he was known via her work that LE knows. Same if he worked in any of the businesses nearby.

I'm actually more curious now is how he'll be found. If he was working for someone other than himself in the drug trade he could be considered a "loose end".

I feel the need to point out that early on, when we first saw the house, I mentioned it looked like a trap house, not that it WAS one. I’m sure your post wasn’t directed at me but I want to clear that up. I simply meant the appearance was consistent with a trap, not that I assumed it was housing a bunch of crack heads.

Can you direct me to where I might read about the nickname ‘Diggum’ being related to digging of holes? I’ve known someone with that nickname but never heard of a correlation. I did a google search but nada. Thanks!

Can you direct me to where I might read about the nickname ‘Diggum’ being related to digging of holes? I’ve known someone with that nickname but never heard of a correlation. I did a google search but nada. Thanks!
Urban dictionary has a couple definitions, neither of which have anything to do with digging a grave. MOO
ETA: There does appear to be a book (and movie) titled Diggum, which is about a gravedigger. I tend to doubt this was the way FH was using it, though.

Urban dictionary has a couple definitions, neither of which have anything to do with digging a grave. MOO
ETA: There does appear to be a book (and movie) titled Diggum, which is about a gravedigger. I tend to doubt this was the way FH was using it, though.
I could only find Diggums not Diggum in the urban dictionary. #2 for Diggums there would be very alarming for a SO.

Squatters usually squat and don't leave. They are very hard to get rid of. I wonder what happened two months ago to make her leave? Did Fredrick Hampton start coming around. I don't think there was any urgency to break the police barricade. All the activity drew her to the scene. I would not show up with all the police activity and media attention if I had anything to hide. I would stay quietly on the sidelines. I think she is shocked.

("Neighbors who live on Chapel Drive say the person who lived at the home had only lived there for a few months and they hadn’t seen much activity at the home recently.

They say the neighborhood is typically quiet, so the discovery has brought a jolt of shock and sadness.")

She did give the reporter a somewhat "statement" or information. I would not want to be on camera either. The other male neighbor wanted to stay anonymous and his head was cut out of the video.

ETA: all my opinion only

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam