Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website question. How does one quote a message once a thread gets closed? Nothing rolled over to this thread this time.
Will be interesting to know more about the FOIA filed to get the 11 page report about the person who Pattis claimed duped Dulos into talking, recorded it, and wanted to sell that info... perhaps it was an “interview” gone bad?

What stops Fd from making the whole story up?

Just because a report was filed with LE does not indicate that the report was truthful.

We will have to wait and see.

IMO.

CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38
@LittleBitty I agree with your post:
"FD may not have to flee. Follow me around this bend...if what I suspect and posted in this thread is true (that there is a huge amount of criminal activity surrounding FD and his finances--to wit, the sale of illegal pharmaceutical drugs) with all the players involved locally, I would imagine he is a liability to that operation at this point. A very big one.

JMO." [endquote]

"Work" for FD would entail going to Attorney Markowitz's office in Bloomfield to sign a $2,795,000 construction loan with Danbury Savings Bank in March 14, 2018 for 61 Sturbridge, New Canaan. See Fox61 link to SCRIBD 2 motions from DSB. Stephani Hayes, Danbury Savings Bank commercial loan officer, signed the mortgage deed. Ms. Hayes' office is in Danbury. And yet, FD, out on bail, is "working" in New Canaan. Sweeping leaves and picking up sticks is FD's role in marketing. MOO.

Following the money trail would mean following Attorney Markowitz's escrow/IOLA account on behalf of FORE. Following Stephani Hayes' boss, the SVP of commercial lending and then to the private owners and Board of Directors at Danbury Savings Bank who approved the loan of FDIC insured funds for construction in New Canaan (not necessarily the riskiest loan unless NO FINANCIALS OF FORE WERE REQUIRED BY UNDERWRITING BECAUSE OF THE VALUE OF THE SECURITY...BUT ISN'T THIS ANOTHER FAKE TRANSFER/FRAUDULENT CONVEYANCE/MORTGAGE FRAUD?). MOO. How did Danbury Savings Bank monitor the drawdown of the construction loan from 2018 to 2019 because that is a heck of lot of bills paid for construction work on an existing home/not a teardown right? MOO. So who were these vendors that got paid?

We know who claims they didn't get paid:
So did Markowitz and Mawhinney record the friend mortgages? The $500k mortgage to Tout was recorded in June 2018. The $600k mortgage to Harry (dated Nov 3, 2017) was recorded in July 2018. Right before Gloria Farber's lien was recorded Nov 2018. Then came the trade/mechanics liens. Among others, Cyclone Home Systems performed work from May 15 to May 31, 2019 on 61 Sturbridge and filed a mechanics lien July 2019.

Okay, let's check the timeline of events:
From the Hartford Courant article
By KENNETH R. GOSSELIN and JOSH KOVNER
HARTFORD COURANT |
JUN 09, 2019 | 6:00 AM

"For his part, Fotis Dulos claimed Jennifer was going to bring in the mafia to break his legs, according to court filings. “I can have the mafia break your dad’s legs with a baseball bat,” Dulos claimed his wife said in front of the children, according to court documents. The judge ultimately rejected the mafia threats as a legitimate threat to Fotis Dulos’ safety.

In a June 2017 affidavit, Jennifer Dulos said the couple had planned to move to New Canaan “in large part because of my husband’s desire to grow his business in the Fairfield County area. We listed our home for sale and planned to move to my mother’s home in Pound Ridge, N.Y.” She said the couple enrolled the children at New Canaan Country School.

But the plan exploded, Jennifer Dulos said, when she discovered in March 2017 that her husband had been having an affair with Michelle Troconis. Jennifer Dulos told her husband she intended to move with the children to Pound Ridge."

Okay, how much work was done on 61 Sturbridge to result in the pumped up valuation?
Realtor.com shows the following property listing history:
08/23/2017 Listed $4,500,000 $615 per square foot
07/18/2017 Sold $1,500,000 $202 per square foot

Wow, FD really improved a lot in a month by adding a fresh coat of paint and, oh, later, much later, in May of 2019 adding brand new shiny doorknobs, replacing the sod out in the front and in the back patio, taking out some drywall/plaster walls to the dumpster, sweeping the front porch of leaves).

When did construction begin? In May of 2018 when the construction loan was originated? FD began the drawdown of $2,795,000. The cash purchase in 7/18/2017 was for $1,500,000 which would not have been funded by FIL based on the disintegration of the marriage around that time. Where did all of come from? Where did all of it go? Yoo-hoo, Markowitz, still in Bloomfield unpacking boxes of papers in disarray? MOO.

well NP has now put the muzzle on FD and stated that FD will wait until trial to do his talking. that in itself is moving in the right direction. i hope it sticks. FD probably should file that he is broke (he pretty much seems to be) and ask for a public defender. i doubt his chances are any better with NP and FD would be able to save his family/friends a bunch of money. i mean if his chances of beating the states weak case are as strong as NP says then any PD should be able to handle it. FD should realize the money he is handing to NP would be better spent on an education fund for the children he loves so much.

Catz said:
snipped by me....

Website question. How does one quote a message once a thread gets closed? Nothing rolled over to this thread this time.

You can't. If you want to quote on a closed thread - you will have to copy & paste what you want and then bring it over here (paste part) and then put in this form (with out the spaces):

[quote = Catz ] YOUR PASTED STUFF ending with [/ quote ]

afitzy said:
@Catz, I think you go back to post that you want to QUOTE and highlight it and click the QUOTE button. Then you move to new thread and start a post and then you should have the ability to insert the quote from the other thread.

That won't work as the "quote" button no longer shows on closed threads. Just the "Like" button shows.

KM Neighbor speaks to Fox61:
EXCLUSIVE: Neighbors shaken by arrest of Kent Mawhinney
CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38
@LittleBitty I agree with your post:
"FD may not have to flee. Follow me around this bend...if what I suspect and posted in this thread is true (that there is a huge amount of criminal activity surrounding FD and his finances--to wit, the sale of illegal pharmaceutical drugs) with all the players involved locally, I would imagine he is a liability to that operation at this point. A very big one.

JMO." [endquote]

"Work" for FD would entail going to Attorney Markowitz's office in Bloomfield to sign a $2,795,000 construction loan with Danbury Savings Bank in March 14, 2018 for 61 Sturbridge, New Canaan. See Fox61 link to SCRIBD 2 motions from DSB. Stephani Hayes, Danbury Savings Bank commercial loan officer, signed the mortgage deed. Ms. Hayes' office is in Danbury. And yet, FD, out on bail, is "working" in New Canaan. Sweeping leaves and picking up sticks is FD's role in marketing. MOO.

Following the money trail would mean following Attorney Markowitz's escrow/IOLA account on behalf of FORE. Following Stephani Hayes' boss, the SVP of commercial lending and then to the private owners and Board of Directors at Danbury Savings Bank who approved the loan of FDIC insured funds for construction in New Canaan (not necessarily the riskiest loan unless NO FINANCIALS OF FORE WERE REQUIRED BY UNDERWRITING BECAUSE OF THE VALUE OF THE SECURITY...BUT ISN'T THIS ANOTHER FAKE TRANSFER/FRAUDULENT CONVEYANCE/MORTGAGE FRAUD?). MOO. How did Danbury Savings Bank monitor the drawdown of the construction loan from 2018 to 2019 because that is a heck of lot of bills paid for construction work on an existing home/not a teardown right? MOO. So who were these vendors that got paid?

We know who claims they didn't get paid:
So did Markowitz and Mawhinney record the friend mortgages? The $500k mortgage to Tout was recorded in June 2018. The $600k mortgage to Harry (dated Nov 3, 2017) was recorded in July 2018. Right before Gloria Farber's lien was recorded Nov 2018. Then came the trade/mechanics liens. Among others, Cyclone Home Systems performed work from May 15 to May 31, 2019 on 61 Sturbridge and filed a mechanics lien July 2019.

Okay, let's check the timeline of events:
From the Hartford Courant article
By KENNETH R. GOSSELIN and JOSH KOVNER
HARTFORD COURANT |
JUN 09, 2019 | 6:00 AM

"For his part, Fotis Dulos claimed Jennifer was going to bring in the mafia to break his legs, according to court filings. “I can have the mafia break your dad’s legs with a baseball bat,” Dulos claimed his wife said in front of the children, according to court documents. The judge ultimately rejected the mafia threats as a legitimate threat to Fotis Dulos’ safety.

In a June 2017 affidavit, Jennifer Dulos said the couple had planned to move to New Canaan “in large part because of my husband’s desire to grow his business in the Fairfield County area. We listed our home for sale and planned to move to my mother’s home in Pound Ridge, N.Y.” She said the couple enrolled the children at New Canaan Country School.

But the plan exploded, Jennifer Dulos said, when she discovered in March 2017 that her husband had been having an affair with Michelle Troconis. Jennifer Dulos told her husband she intended to move with the children to Pound Ridge."

Okay, how much work was done on 61 Sturbridge to result in the pumped up valuation?
Realtor.com shows the following property listing history:
08/23/2017 Listed $4,500,000 $615 per square foot
07/18/2017 Sold $1,500,000 $202 per square foot

Wow, FD really improved a lot in a month by adding a fresh coat of paint and, oh, later, much later, in May of 2019 adding brand new shiny doorknobs, replacing the sod out in the front and in the back patio, taking out some drywall/plaster walls to the dumpster, sweeping the front porch of leaves).

When did construction begin? In May of 2018 when the construction loan was originated? FD began the drawdown of $2,795,000. The cash purchase in 7/18/2017 was for $1,500,000 which would not have been funded by FIL based on the disintegration of the marriage around that time. Where did all of come from? Where did all of it go? Yoo-hoo, Markowitz, still in Bloomfield unpacking boxes of papers in disarray? MOO.

Excellent summary!

One of the many things I find baffling about this Sturbridge Project is that The Savings Bank of Danbury described in its motion that Fd had 'no equity' in the project. Perhaps the 'Friend Loans' are the equity in the deal? IDK. Very curious if those 'Friend Loans' were ever funded!?!?!?

Mmmm.

Construction lending in CT has long been in the doldrums IMO and never really recovered from the time of the financial collapse. Lending standards are conservative so to see a 'no equity' spec development deal from a small bank like The Savings Bank of Danbury or even a multimillion dollar loan deal at People's Bank in Bridgeport really has me scratching my head as to what is going on at each of these lending institutions as both have FDIC insurance I believe!

No money down, dollar and a dream real estate loans went the way of the dodo ages ago and so to see them offered up to the likes of Fd who was in the middle of a contentious divorce with an uncertain financial future, no State taxes filed for 2 years by all accounts, no Federal taxes filed for 2 years by all accounts and ongoing civil litigation is for the most part the trifecta required for a loan denial. YET, we don't see this at all. Nope, we see 2 local banks lending to the tune of nearly $7 million dollars. HOW? WHY? and ON WHAT BASIS?

Frankly, People's Bank in Bridgeport is a repeat player here IMO with Fd as we go back to the 123 Hunter situation with MT, GV and Fd AND SUE MORIN who was deposed about the matter in Family Court and took the 5th.

I do very much wonder what is going on here at both of these banks as based on virtually any lending standard I can imagine for commercial construction lending the Sturbridge project makes zero sense. How was Fd able to remove the contribution of the land from the deal upfront (he paid $1.5 million at auction for the property if I recall) and then fund both hard and soft costs via The Savings Bank of Danbury? WHO was responsible for this loan and I do very much wonder if there was perhaps other connections at play here perhaps at Senior Levels that bear investigation IMO. Even established builders in lower Fairfield County who do beautiful work don't have the ability to do deals with no equity and deals are typically hard costs only too. Little here with this loan or the People's Bank loans makes sense.

I do wonder why we aren't seeing People's Bank entering the litigation fray here either. I find this quite odd given the circumstances and the high probability that their loans are non performing at the moment too. What is also quite interesting is that my recollection is that People's Bank actively uses the firm Pullman & Comley (of which Anne Dranginis (GF atty) is a Partner I believe). So, perhaps Atty Dranginis might pop in and have a chat with one of her colleagues that handles some of the People's Bank legal work as perhaps they aren't aware that they have a non performing loan on their books (BTW I don't believe they don't know, I just don't know why they don't seem to be doing anything via the Courts to protect their position and effect collection).

Its officially a mess and the race to the courthouses in CT to register claims seems to be underway.

What I am interested in finding out is if there was fraudulent activity involved in any of the loans and were loan proceeds used to pay legal fees and/or other creditors? It all seems like a giant 'kite' IMO where Fd was on an ongoing quest for more loan proceeds which would be used to pay other creditors and it just kept rolling until it stopped (or maybe it hasn't stopped!?!). Here is a simple conceptual explanation of this process of kiting: Check kiting Definition | Bankrate.com. Quick visual is that you are taking $ from Peter to pay Paul and on and on.

IMO what Fd did as he didn't have ongoing income is simply borrow more in order to pay interest. At a certain point this was no longer possible which is why the Sturbridge loan interest went unpaid and my guess is that funds that would have been used by Fd to pay interest, taxes etc. were instead used to pay the good folks of Pattisville who were of more immediate importance to Fd.

I wish Atty Weinstein had gotten to the bottom of the legal fee payment questions in Civil Court. I know he made progress but to see all this cash swirling around with basic financial obligations now in default has me believing that the funds were all diverted to paying Pattisville and PI. Too bad the banks weren't quicker to shut it all down IMO (but I have questions as to why they didn't too as this was no exercise in differential equations IMO)!

We see Fd with huge credit card balances (unsecured so far as we know) that oddly have remained 'current' in status. How is this so? We see Fd using other collateral loan options to gain access to sizeable sums? What collateral was used and did it belong to Fd or was it put up by others?

My guess is that JFd saw the beginnings of all these Fd financial games and her attorney and their PI IMO no doubt had it pretty much squared away in advance in terms of understanding it all during the period just prior to her disappearance as the court hearing I believe was originally scheduled for the week or 2 after her disappearance. MONEY AND CUSTODY were clearly at issue way back in May, 2019. Nothing in this regard has changed and its 1/20!

Fd IMO lit himself and FORE on fire and poured on gasoline to bring it all to the ground. I'm still not convinced that we understand why it was all done though?

MOO

Last edited:
You can't. If you want to quote on a closed thread - you will have to copy & paste what you want and then bring it over here (paste part) and then put in this form (with out the spaces):

[quote = Catz ] YOUR PASTED STUFF ending with [/ quote ]

That won't work as the "quote" button no longer shows on closed threads. Just the "Like" button shows.
Grrrr. How annoying! Last time I brought a bunch of posts over so I guess people will just have to do that. ITs a shame as we have ongoing discussions going on a bunch of different prior posts.

I think that is the question we all have here. We don't know what was recorded so don't know if its related to the case in any way. I do wonder if CSP have listened to the audio and are conferring with Atty Colangelo.

I have to go back to the Atty. P. original comments as I'm baffled how we have gone from a potential home invader to Fd inviting someone into his house and being recorded without his knowledge (i.e, punked) as these are 2 vastly different scenarios IMO. Atty. P. said I believe that the person that did the recording tried to sell the audio. Did this person attempt to extort Fd or Atty. P. or did they go to the Press?

Originally I had thought this was one big put up to get around the 'gag order' where Atty. P. would claim it was a private conversation where there was no expectation that it would be made public. Now, it seems the situation is something else perhaps or not? IDK, could still be an Atty. P. stunt IMO. MOO
IMO, I’ll go with stunt.
It just seems like an attempt at another diversion to change the narrative from what was really going on...which was FD violated his conditions of bond
and got called out for it by Colangelo and the judge. As NP said after court “it was a bad day for the defense”
What stops Fd from making the whole story up?

Just because a report was filed with LE does not indicate that the report was truthful. We will have to wait and see. IMO.

Until we find out the contents of the 'recording/interview,' if there even was one, I am going to assume the Blue BBM statements in the 3 posts above are possible. It MAY have been a stunt by NP to create a diversion (away from defacing the memorial) AND to get around the gag order. Or, it might be a matter of someone writing something on social media (it involved texts and a Jennifer support group online) that Fd didn't like - so he got his lawyer to attack this individual. We don't know yet.

If it was a stunt by NP's team:
  • It might just be some texts that someone on social media made (texts and an online Jennifer support group were mentioned) and Fd claimed that the only way they'd have known that info was if they were in his house somehow. In other words, it might all be a case of paranoia and there never was any sort of entry into the house at all.
  • If there is indeed a recording, it might just be a bunch of statements to support Fd, where he can't make them any other way - that would circumvent the gag order if the contents released by media are positive for Fd.
  • Fotis Dulos does not like the press much; it doesn't seem likely he'd have invited them or any other stranger in, if he didn't know about it already (e.g., a setup by his lawyer's connections). Likely a member of the press would have announced themselves as being one before entering, and maybe even shown a badge.
  • If it were truly a "home invasion" - a crime - NP would have mentioned it to the press (buddy DA at HC at least) IMMEDIATELY, and it would have been a big story in the media before that hearing, to divert attention sooner.
  • Again, if NP HAD set it up himself, he wouldn't want to be the one to divulge anything in the 'recording' - it would be too obvious.
  • NP hires people to spy/investigate, and infiltrate social media. He also has press connections.
  • NP couldn't keep his story straight about what happened
Moo; I hope I'm wrong about all of the above; we don't know what's what yet.

On the other hand, NP threatens the individual, saying "I know who you are and I'm watching what you're doing" - rather menacing.

Either way, pretty slimy lawyering.

Last edited:
FD Arraignment Video - AW3:

It seems that when additional or new expectations (denied access to nanny, for example) are placed, dulos has some level of an emotional response, visibly. IMO. I wonder if it is because he is processing what it means in the context of his case or bc additional measures are being put in place....idk imo

What about Michelle and Kent how much time are they looking at?
MT:
Toast and the bread is smoking and on fire IMO. She won't IMO see her daughter graduate from HS, College or participate in any Olympics any time soon. Mama A and family will no doubt be looking at a long term rental in CT where they can stay while visiting their daughter.

KM:
TBD but not looking good IMO. High probability that we might see additional conspiracy to commit murder charges filed for BOTH KM and FD for their alleged plan to do away with KM STBX. Ongoing investigation so impossible to know how this all shakes out.

well NP has now put the muzzle on FD and stated that FD will wait until trial to do his talking. that in itself is moving in the right direction. i hope it sticks. FD probably should file that he is broke (he pretty much seems to be) and ask for a public defender. i doubt his chances are any better with NP and FD would be able to save his family/friends a bunch of money. i mean if his chances of beating the states weak case are as strong as NP says then any PD should be able to handle it. FD should realize the money he is handing to NP would be better spent on an education fund for the children he loves so much.
I don’t know if he would qualify for a public defender...no one really knows what he really has (in cash & assets)...wish we did know.

So, the defendants are, were also.involved in illegal selling of pharma drugs as well?
This is speculation along with illegal car sales business as people here are trying to understand the large amounts of cash floating around Fd, MT and KM (and possibly others) when Fd hasn't sold a house in 2 years, MT never really has worked and KM is a solo practitioner immigration atty with sizeable alimony, child support and other financial obligations.

The money side of the entire situation in this case has people here largely baffled. So, speculation is ongoing as to the source of funds to keep the trips, restaurant meals, huge credit card bills, cars and property taxes and property maintenance all going. We see MT also start a business (dead animal rugs) and purchase an expensive condo in Vail with her ex (believe it was in range of $600,000 condo). MT I believe was 'paid' roughly $120,000 a year from FORE/FD for her 'role' but its unclear how she could pay for very expensive private school education and new condo and pay for her existing Miami condo (don't think this has been sold yet?) even though she didn't have to pay rent or for a car at 4Jx? We see MT traveling quite a bit too and Fd as well and they allegedly did it for weeks at a time? Atty Weinstein made the very strong case that the lifestyle and the income didn't line up. So, where did the cash to fuel the lifestyle come from?

What were KM, Fd and MT up to and were others involved?

MOO

Here is the NP Video outside Court with the 'explanation' of person that gained entry into Fd temporary housing at 4Jx.

IDK, but I'm still hearing veiled (not very thinly IMO) at the FB and Social Media folks and I personally find this quite disturbing to be coming from an attorney of record on a murder case and I'm hearing an out and out threat to the person that gained entrance to Fd temporary house. Not sure any of this is right IMO from Atty. P. and why not just say its been put into the hands of LE and not issue threats?:

VIDEO: Norm Pattis makes remarks after Thursday's court appearance

Interesting comments by NP in the video linked above:

At 1:55, talking to the social media person: "You don't have evidence related to Mr. Dulos. The state has it." He then goes on to threaten the social media person.

@2:10 (chuckling): "No one knows where Jennifer is.
The state is trying to put together a case that Mr. Dulos is responsible for that murder..."

Last edited:
IDK about a direct comparison being possible for MT and KK based on charges for MT in AW3. KK IMO was strictly clean up of a crime scene and she failed (most likely intentionally) at any attempts to kill KB.

MT looks to have been intimately involved clearly the clean up and cover up and increasingly it seems in the planning and possible execution of the act of murdering JFd.

The State is still holding so much back in terms of the search warrants and evidence and no doubt knows precisely what MT was and wasn't doing and where she was and where she was not.

I'm still so curious about why AW3 put down the MT assertions as to her alibi for the 24th (Robot at Stop and Shop and 2 trips to see friends) but yet didn't corroborate ANY of these statements so far as I can tell. We don't even have corroboration from LE as to what time MT woke up on the 24th and whether or not she dropped off or picked up her daughter so far as I can tell!

Did LE put this information about MT activities on the 24th based on her testimony on the record in AW3 only to possibly show a CCTV footage shot of her actually in NC on the 24th?

LE hasn't disclosed what if anything MT has said to them post 8/13. Perhaps they have show Atty Bowman and MT some of the CCTV with MT and things in terms of negotiation are at a standstill pending resolution of the situation with the investigation into KM role and activities?

KK in the Berreth case was evil but my suspicion is that we will eventually see that MT takes evil and ill will towards another human being to an entirely unimaginable by most of us level.

Have to wait and see.

MOO

I missed the previous hundreds of pages so I’d like to ask, where do you guys think Jennifer is?
I was their neighbor in the short time they lived in Avon, and I have friends who were very friendly with them (one tells me I was at a party they came to at her house! I didn’t know them, but it’s a chilling thought.)
Anyway. He gets back to 80 MSR at 12:22. He didn’t have time to drop her off on the way up from NC and she’s not at Waveny Park (she left blood in Tacoma). So she’s somewhere near his home. They clean the truck. By 5:00-ish he had to give it back to Gumienny. Do we assume he had stashed her, for more thorough disposal later? She’s not in parts in the Albany Ave drops, or they’d have found something. She’s not in the Fisher Meadows pond. She’s not on any of his properties. Why did they find her bra and shirt, cut off? Any sign of pants or shoes? Did he have to dispose of her naked to hide identity? If he was going to drop her somewhere, why did he drive straight back to 80 MSR first? So many questions. I wonder if he’s just gotten lucky that she hasn’t been found, or if he really hid her somewhere smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie