AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

It's interesting that he has the nickname "Diggum", as in digging holes in the ground. Who knows, perhaps he has committed other crimes and buried other people before. There may be other murders or disappearances in his past that he has never been charged with.

I certainly have considered that possibility myself.

Imo, it makes no sense if PH ODd on her own accord he would first take the time to bury her hoping she wouldn't ever be discovered, but secondly, that he would flee, and be on the lam now.

Imoo, PHs death was not due to an OD of her own free will.

He's running because he knows hes guilty of committing more serious criminal offenses, beyond the abuse of a corpse charge.

Imoo

Last edited:
...Imoo, PHs death was not due to an OD of her own free will...
I will admit that, at first, I thought that PH relapsed and accidentally OD'ed. However, after giving it a lot of thought and doing some research, I agree with you. I don't think that PH knowingly did drugs that fateful night.

I am now speculating that some of PH's coworkers were still doing drugs and associating with the drug dealers. Because PH was clean (for two years, I believe) and refused to relapse, they were paranoid that she would turn them in or turn in the dealers to police.

Maybe, that's why they set her up. They thought that this would be the perfect murder type of situation where it will look like she relapsed and died from an OD.

I think that PH went out that night to keep an eye out on her younger coworkers/friends, sort of as a mother hen watching over her chicks. If it were not a setup, I don't believe her coworkers would have any interest in hanging out with an older, straight person.

Birds of a feather flock together. PH was no longer one of those birds.

JMO.

ETA: On a recent episode of Dr. Oz, there was a lawyer who talked about a doctor that tried to get one of his patients to inject or brush the lawyer with Fentanyl to kill him. Dr. Oz explained that a very tiny amount of Fentanyl was enough to kill a human. Here's a link to the story. A Doctor Attempts to Murder an Attorney | Medical Justice Blog

Last edited:
I will admit that, at first, I thought that PH relapsed and accidentally OD'ed. However, after giving it a lot of thought and doing some research, I agree with you. I don't think that PH knowingly did drugs that fateful night.

I am now speculating that some of PH's coworkers were still doing drugs and associating with the drug dealers. Because PH was clean (for two years, I believe) and refused to relapse, they were paranoid that she would turn them in or turn in the dealers to police.

Maybe, that's why they set her up. They thought that this would be the perfect murder type of situation where it will look like she relapsed and died from an OD.

I think that PH went out that night to keep an eye out on her younger coworkers/friends, sort of as a mother hen watching over her chicks. If it were not a setup, I don't believe her coworkers would have any interest in hanging out with an older, straight person.

JMO.

ETA: On a recent episode of Dr. Oz, there was a lawyer who talked about a doctor that tried to get one of his patients to inject or brush the lawyer with Fentanyl to kill him. Dr. Oz explained that a very tiny amount of Fentanyl was enough to kill a human. Here's a link to the story. A Doctor Attempts to Murder an Attorney | Medical Justice Blog

It seems incredibly unlikely to me that her friends intentionally murdered her. I suspect she was doing at least some drugs/alcohol prior to 12/20, and accidentally OD’ed after doing something harder (likely heroin) with FH that night. My alternative theory is that she was drunk and/or high, and FH kidnapped, raped, and suffocated her.

It seems incredibly unlikely to me that her friends intentionally murdered her. I suspect she was doing at least some drugs/alcohol prior to 12/20, and accidentally OD’ed after doing something harder (likely heroin) with FH that night. My alternative theory is that she was drunk and/or high, and FH kidnapped, raped, and suffocated her.
My alternate theory is that her coworker was going to set her up to be used as a drug payoff. She was going to be drugged and raped. Too much of some drug was administered, and PH died. They buried her to hide DNA evidence of what happened that night.

Again, speculation and JMO.

Agree. This is the most logical and consistent explanation with what LE has released. MOO

Yesterday marked 3 weeks from when PH was discovered. 1-3 weeks remaining before final tox results return. Just curious if the majority here believe COD and/or MOD will be released publicly? Or maybe we would just get some more tidbits of info with more arrests or more charges announced if any?

JMO.

This seems like a bit of wishful thinking and pretty unlikely. Like something out of a Hallmark movie.

Yesterday marked 3 weeks from when PH was discovered. 1-3 weeks remaining before final tox results return. Just curious if the majority here believe COD and/or MOD will be released publicly? Or maybe we would just get some more tidbits of info with more arrests or more charges announced if any?

It's hard to say, since every jurisdiction does things a little differently. This particular LE agency seems to like to keep everything on the DL, so I'm not really counting on much info before the trial, to be honest. But who knows, they could issue a PR tomorrow that blows us all away. LE seem to be really good at doing that too.

This seems like a bit of wishful thinking and pretty unlikely. Like something out of a Hallmark movie.
I've seen photos of PH on trips and with her circle of real friends. I don't believe any of the coworkers were in these personal photos.

I think that stating that PH relapsed and accidentally OD'ed is the easiest answer and not always the right one. Like I said, that's what I thought for a while and have since changed my mind.

Disclaimer: I am good at speculation; however, I am often wrong. ;)

I believe cause of death will be released. If cause of death is homicide; I do not below method would be released until trial.

I am starting to question how hard LE is looking for him.
This is exactly what police want that crowd to think. I believe that they have eyes on everyone. These people probably know they are being watched.

The dealers will lose their source of income because they will be busted sooner or later. I believe that they know that it is in their best interest to turn him in if they know where he is.

IMO, he is getting help from someone and lying low. Pond scum always rises to the top. So, sooner or later, he's going to get caught, even if it is an inmate telling where he is for a deal.

I think he might have gone to another state so that would make it a bit more difficult in MOO.
I hope he has stepped over the State Line of Alabama into Georgia. He maybe even be States away. No matter he is marked. "Wanted"
I would think a State Jumper Registered Sex Offender would have a BOLO across Agency's of LE
Crossing States as a SO
the further he runs the stiffer the charges.
DA IS PREPARRING I HOPE..............

IIRC, FH was originally pulled in on suspicion of kidnapping, but LE didn't have enough to hold him.

I realize we don't necessarily know everything LE does. That said, I wonder what evidence led the police to suspect kidnapping? The published story is that PH left with FH and was still coherent and aware enough to text someone her concerns about her safety an hour and a half later.

I think it's possible that FH 'took' PH for a repeat of the crime he spent twenty years in prison for. I think it's possible she was drugged to make her easier to handle.* I am curious about the autopsy results. IIRC, the results say she didn't die from physical trauma. If she OD'd and choked or her heart gave out, would that be considered 'physical trauma'?

* I admit, I really really don't want to believe PH left the bar looking for drugs. I simply can't understand why else she would have left with FH. If he had abducted her from the bar, she wouldn't have been texting a friend an hour and a half later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back