AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

How so, for my not liking unsubstantiated, non proven, claims about the victim's family, which seems as, imo, if it's Houston's little niche, making thinly veiled family and victim shaming, yet people completely unknown in character are some virtuous virgin Mary's or if male, Mr. Rodgers. I find it disrespectful. He knows nothing about 'how,' they, Paighton's family thinks. I will leave it at that.
I haven't seen anything of the sort. But, I was just referring to your frustration with the WS rules. Sometimes it isn't the best fit for all. It took me a bit to get the hang of it but now much prefer it to other sites and SM. I can see that not everyone may see it the same, though.

@Seattle1 , @Zella

I agree with you both that logic dictates that the 48 hour hold was in regards to PH, but as @BOSCOE had mentioned, I couldn’t recall it ever being specifically stated.
Thank you all for the input and clarification. As always, it’s very appreciated.
It was a good point you made! I have been double-checking news articles, and you're right that they never directly confirmed it was related to the PH case.

IMO If he had been held under suspicion of kidnapping someone besides PH, that would have been mentioned when the warrant was put out on him for abuse of PH's corpse and would have been used to further signify that he was an immediate danger to the community to have been suspected/implicated in 2 separate disappearances in a matter of 1 week.
I’ve pondered this a bit. I don’t think LE suspects he’s armed with a weapon or they would have stressed an immediate danger. However, he’s a RSO which in itself serves as a warning to the community. They then have a PC to notify the public he was held for 48 on suspicion of kidnapping (another warning), wanted on charges of abuse of a corpse with more charges possible (another warning), not in custody and whereabouts unknown (another warning). All the above signifies to me that this suspect is not one I would want myself or any of my young daughters to cross paths with.
I don’t think they can label him “dangerous” just because they suspect he kidnapped someone (PH or someone else). They had no evidence, so he’s essentially innocent of that crime, so all they can say is we had him held for kidnapping for 48hrs. No if’s, and’s, or but’s about it I wouldn’t want him in my community. MOO

Have they ever specified that the hold for suspicion of kidnapping was for the suspicion of specifically kidnapping Paighton? Could it have been on suspicion of kidnapping a different individual?

Though a highly unlikely scenario, I don’t recall that it was ever confirmed whom FH was suspected of kidnapping pertaining to the 48 hour hold.
No, they haven’t confirmed that yet and if they are trying to protect the integrity of another case they may not. IMO

INTERESTING video there is information that I have not seen discussed.

The reporter interviewed a woman that stated that was her home but had not lived there in 2 months but all her belongings were still inside.
Jumping off of this post due to direct MSM link.
There was further speculation, on this thread that this woman might have been a squatter.
I have found confirmation that this home was, in fact, occupied by a renter.
I cannot post the link as it will give the renter's identity. And NO, I am not sleuthing the renter. Just wanted to let everyone know her story does seem to be legit.

imo, this is not the definition of functional drug user or recreational user.
RSBM

Perhaps you misunderstood. This is absolutely the definition of a functional addict - if you are maintaining a job, income, have a place to live, you are most definitely considered a ‘functional addict’. The OP never made reference to being a recreational user.

The term ‘functional’ can be confusing when used in relation to addiction, but it means someone who was still able to maintain some semblance of normalcy while in their addiction (ie: not homeless, maintain a job, etc). There are plenty of functional alcoholics who can not drink during the day (or just enough to get by), work a job, come home, then spend the night drinking. These types are incredibly tough to convince there is a problem or they need help, because well...their life isn’t as obviously negatively affected.

I know this because I was a ‘functional’ heroin addict. I maintained my jobs, had an apartment, kept up appearances. I also know this because my SO works in the treatment field, and it’s something often discussed. Obviously any sort of drug addiction is by definition dysfunctional, but the term is indeed ‘functional addict/alcoholic’.

Last edited:
not going to be too much help, but I did see him in jail while looking at the inmate search back then. Clueless how to bring that up from those dates again. I've looked, only current inmates
I'm curious how you saw his name there when the Birmingham City Jail (where he was detained) doesn't seem to have an online inmate search. Maybe I missed something?

I'm curious how you saw his name there when the Birmingham City Jail (where he was detained) doesn't seem to have an online inmate search. Maybe I missed something?

He was in whatever link another poster posted in an earlier thread if I remember correctly. Jeff Co maybe.

I saw it also at the time & commented that I saw a possible suspect. I'm having trouble copying so google Jefferson County Alabama Inmate Search

He was in whatever link another poster posted in an earlier thread if I remember correctly. Jeff Co maybe.

I've looked, and while I did see other Hampton's (let's be honest, most of us knew the family name associated with the 215 Chapel house moments after we had the address) in the county inmate list, FH's name was never there. Because he was never in county, he was in city - which doesn't have a searchable database online.

Inmate Search

You have to put in the dates. He will not show up now as its only for current inmates.
There is an "in custody" check box. See if you can see all if you uncheck it.
There was another person with the same last name that you may have seen. We can't sleuth that one on WS.
Edit: The check box doesn't seem to work. I wonder if it has been disabled the whole time we've been sleuthing this case. If so, every time we've searched past dates we were seeing people still in jail since their arrest. (Captain obvious, just saying.)

Last edited:
I've looked, and while I did see other Hampton's (let's be honest, most of us knew the family name associated with the 215 Chapel house moments after we had the address) in the county inmate list, FH's name was never there. Because he was never in county, he was in city - which doesn't have a searchable database online.

Not disagreeing, but what do you mean by " in city" & what city? If PH was not forced to leave the TR, where did the kidnapping occur?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back