The British Royal Family #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Duchy of Cornwall income article - 'It inherits the possessions of anyone who dies in Cornwall without a will or next of kin, a power that in some years has yielded hundreds of thousands of pounds. The duchy funnels the money into charities after deducting its own costs.'

That doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

From the Duchy of Cornwall income article - 'It inherits the possessions of anyone who dies in Cornwall without a will or next of kin, a power that in some years has yielded hundreds of thousands of pounds. The duchy funnels the money into charities after deducting its own costs.'

I think that's similar to the way it works in the US, too, though. Except here they money isn't funneled to charities after expenses. It just escheats directly to the state.

What if an Heir to a Will Cannot Be Found?

From the link:

Escheat
Eventually an unclaimed inheritance escheats to the state where the estate was probated. This happens when a missing heir does not come forward and no heirs or legatees of the missing heirs petition for the property to be released to them. That time deadline varies from state to state, but states generally try to afford a missing heir a reasonable number of years to come forward and claim his inheritance. California, for example, allows an heir to reclaim his escheated property by filing a petition with the probate court and serving it on the state Attorney General. Once satisfied the heir is who he says is and is entitled to the property, the court orders the county auditor to withdraw the money from the treasury and give it to the heir.

I can't open the article here in the UK, could you copy and paste some of the content please

Here you go. There's not much to it besides this:

ABC News announced this week it will air a special on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s momentous pullback from the Royal Family on Wednesday night ― an hour after an investigation on Megxit wraps up on Fox. The competing programs, each hastily pulled together, are scheduled to span from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on the two channels.

Fox revealed it had an investigative special in the works with TMZ, promising an insider’s account drawn from more than a dozen sources close to the royals. Then ABC jumped into the ring Friday, announcing its own prime time special led by journalist Deborah Roberts.

Ladies of London's Julie Montagu Empathizes with Meghan Markle Post-Exit: ‘It’s Different Over Here’

The American reality star and yoga instructor is married to Luke Timothy Charles Montagu, Viscount Hinchingbrooke — son of the Earl of Sandwich

Ladies of London's Julie Montagu Empathizes with Meghan Markle Post-Exit: ‘It’s Different Over Here’

This is a good take on the challenges H&M were facing from the perspective of an American woman who married into English Aristocracy.

She points out that they gave it a go, and Harry probably said, we’ve tried it.

They must have had some deep reservations. I think early on judging from all the SussexRoyal trademarking, and foundation set up.

She also points out it’s hard to find a good story on H&M.

I also think Her Majesty QE was well aware of how difficult it was, too. When the press turned on Kate after she and Will got married, Kate retreated for a while. But one thing Kate has is a very supportive family, and a place to go in the countryside when it became overwhelming.

The feeling of no shelter in the storm is what I sense put Harry on a mission. And he especially wasn’t going to tolerate the feeling of going down the same road as Diana.

Jmo

Well, the UK government gets the assets of anyone who dies intestate in the rest of the country - at least with the Duchy some charities benefit from the system.

The American reality star and yoga instructor is married to Luke Timothy Charles Montagu, Viscount Hinchingbrooke — son of the Earl of Sandwich

This is a good take on the challenges H&M were facing from the perspective of an American woman who married into English Aristocracy.

She points out that they gave it a go, and Harry probably said, we’ve tried it.

They must have had some deep reservations. I think early on judging from all the SussexRoyal trademarking, and foundation set up.

She also points out it’s hard to find a good story on H&M.

I also think Her Majesty QE was well aware of how difficult it was, too. When the press turned on Kate after she and Will got married, Kate retreated for a while. But one thing Kate has is a very supportive family, and a place to go in the countryside when it became overwhelming.

The feeling of no shelter in the storm is what I sense put Harry on a mission. And he especially wasn’t going to tolerate the feeling of going down the same road as Diana.

Jmo

The crux of the matter, imo, from the article:

She continues, “I think in the royal family, it’s probably been a little bit more difficult for them to navigate with Meghan, who is very open, and she’s outspoken, and she’s political. You can’t stop somebody from being themselves.”

Piers Morgan
@piersmorgan

BREAKING: Thomas Markle will give his first TV interview since his daughter Meghan walked out on Britain with Prince Harry - live on tomorrow’s ⁦@GMB ⁩. He has a lot to say....

Given Piers' opinion of Markle, this promises to be particularly scathing I would imagine. GMB has a large audience, or not so much?

Oh but you must - Morgan and Markle both with an axe to grind - it'll be a lovely, fair, unbiased, newsworthy piece I'm sure. Hahahah.
Given how fickle the press are- I think Piers will probe and imply and TM will defend MM to the hilt. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd