CA - Kobe Bryant, 41, daughter GiGi, 13, & 7 others die in helicopter crash, Calabasas, 26 Jan 2020

The Mayor of Costa Mesa just confirmed the identity of one of the other victims in the helicopter crash ... girls basketball coach Christina Mauser, who's married to Tijuana Dogs singer Matt Mauser. Matt also confirmed the news himself.

On Facebook, he wrote ... "My kids and I are devastated. We lost our beautiful wife and mom today in a helicopter crash. Please respect our privacy. Thank you for all the well wishes they mean so much."

Kobe Bryant & Daughter Die in Helicopter Crash, Photos from Her Last Game

Interesting thing is I was in OC this morning and near the airport they took off out of. It was overcast but not foggy. They must have run into dense fog on their way to Fresno. (that's where they were going right?) But don't they need to give a flight plan and therefore would have had warning of the fog ahead? Am I missing something?

When was the last time someone this famous died in a plane crash? John Kennedy? The band members of Lynyrd Skynyrd?

I was crushed at the loss of Stevie Ray Vaughn in the 80’s. Same thing, weather conditions. They shouldn’t have flown that night.

Kobe Bryant was a spectacular athlete, and a really nice guy. What a beautiful family. I saw a recent interview where he was really excited about his children’s books.

I feel so sad for his wife and daughters, and the Baseball coaches children who are orphaned. All these kids who lost their parents.

There have been some major losses over the years, whole ice hockey teams, one Canadian, one Russian, and the entire US women’s figure skating team in the early 60’s.

Moments like these highlight what’s precious in life.

I thought we only had 6 ID'd. Are you excluding the pilot?
A woman coach was also on board. Her husband confirmed it on his fb

Kobe Crash Devastates Families of Other Victims

“My kids and I are devastated. We lost our beautiful wife and mom today in a helicopter crash,” Tijuana Dogs drummer Matt Mauser wrote on Facebook after Sunday’s tragedy.

His wife, Christine, was on the Sikorsky S-76b on the way to the Mamba Sports Academy, the basketball center Bryant co-founded, which was holding a tournament this weekend. A high school standout, she was an assistant coach at the Harbor Day School, where Bryant’s older daughter went to school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back