Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Springfield-area Judge Calvin Holden confirms son Alex Holden, 25, dead

Shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday night, Greene County Judge Calvin Holden confirmed that Alex Holden, his and Greene County Judge Margaret Palmietto's 25-year-old son, has died.

"Yes, it is true," Judge Holden told the News-Leader in a text message.

He declined to say more except to note, "Alex was a great, caring, compassionate person."
Continued at link

Dang, only about a 2 mile (40 min) walk from his apartment according to Google Maps.

So curious if this was criminal or accidental. RIP young man.

The original article (before he was identified) said “foul play not suspected” but the coroner was on scene. It read to me like accidental or suicide. I’m glad they found him even if this is such awful news.

ETA Body Found Along American River Bike Trail, Police SayHAS

Springfield-area Judge Calvin Holden confirms son Alex Holden, 25, dead

Shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday night, Greene County Judge Calvin Holden confirmed that Alex Holden, his and Greene County Judge Margaret Palmietto's 25-year-old son, has died.

"Yes, it is true," Judge Holden told the News-Leader in a text message.

He declined to say more except to note, "Alex was a great, caring, compassionate person."
Continued at link
Thanks for the link. I find it interesting that a Missouri news outlet would post the identification of Alex before local Sacramento media.

I'm also surprised by the quick identification of Alex. According to CBS13 his body was found around 3:00 pm local time.

It only took a few hours to positively ID a body of a person who has been missing for nearly 4 weeks. JMO.

Body Found Along American River Bike Trail, Police Say

Last edited:
83288276_117751106429875_2592935893341831168_o.jpg

Help Find Alex Holden
· 11 mins ·

Thank you everyone for your help and support in helping to find Alex. This isn't the outcome we had hoped for, as we recieved devastating news this evening . With heavy hearts we have learned Alex was found deceased today at 3:00 p.m on the American River Bike trail. Law enforcement has indicated that no foul play was involved. Please keep everyone close to Alex in your prayers.
#HelpFindAlexHol... See More

Help Find Alex Holden

I'm so sorry that it ended like this.

I've seen multiple news stories out of Springfield (all linked above) breaking the news. One Sacramento news station has finally posted a story--they cut and paste one of the Springfield stories.

Hopefully we'll hear more soon about what happened, but we'd probably have better luck monitoring the Springfield news than the ones here.

The original article (before he was identified) said “foul play not suspected” but the coroner was on scene. It read to me like accidental or suicide. I’m glad they found him even if this is such awful news.

ETA Body Found Along American River Bike Trail, Police SayHAS
The coroner has to show up to any death that didn't happen with a doctor present. My mother passed away in the hospital here and she couldn't be declared until the coroner had shown up because only a nurse had been in the room.

He may have been initially identified by clothing, his possessions etc...and quickly confirmed. Seems like he must have had his ID maybe...

Also sounds as though cause of death was fairly obvious? To rule out foul play so quickly, with his family seeming to accept the statement from LE. I wonder what on earth happened to him...

He may have been initially identified by clothing, his possessions etc...and quickly confirmed. Seems like he must have had his ID maybe...

Also sounds as though cause of death was fairly obvious? To rule out foul play so quickly, with his family seeming to accept the statement from LE. I wonder what on earth happened to him...
I want to hear from SACPD and have them explain how Alex was identified and why it was said that there were no signs of foul play so soon after he was found.

I've been poring over the map and it doesn't look like the trail is close enough to the water at any point for him to have washed up. So, he's been on the trail this whole time and there's no foul play?

And wouldn't that trail have been the one thing that would have been searched from start to finish?

I'm so confused and so very, very sad for Alex and for all who loved him.

The media is reporting that he was found "near Hwy 160" (prior news story links). Just an update for those who have looked at the bike trail numerous times.

So he would have followed the trail, crossed the American River and been on the last leg of the trip before cutting across to get to Natomas.

I'm including a map of the area so you can see where the bike trail goes under Hwy 160--it would have been very near to there.

Hwy 160.JPG

Marlei Martinez on Twitter
Alex Holden's father tells me he is confident that the body found along the American River bike trail today is his son. He says detectives and the coroner's office called him, saying they recovered his son's passport and debit card. He said the clothing matched as well.
EPRDnZKVAAEdDho.jpg

10:06 PM - 27 Jan 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes