NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last video of the man shows him walking in the area of the intersection of Terry Boulevard and Stable Club Road in Terrytown.
Englebert’s cell phone last communicated with a tower near Riverview Golf Course, just west of Scottsbluff.
Above information from the 11/27/2019 news report (see above).

Flood inundation map for the area where Chance went missing:
https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2019/5099/sir20195099.pdf

Thank you for clarifying information. And I can also believe that in his anger he maybe made some poor choices that ultimately led to his demise. That’s a very good point that was made, I too have done some things I wouldn’t normally do while in an angry fit.

And thinking back about the historic flooding in our area, I almost forgot what I had felt at that time. Sometimes I think we definitely repress those memories that are painful. I remember being in shock and disbelief. And I couldn’t wrap my mind around what they were saying was going to happen. I really underestimated the Magnitude of it until it happened. This was before (March 2019) CE disappeared but if you haven’t experienced it, it’s very easy to underestimate what water can do.

Also, seeing as is phone was last used shortly after the storm rolled in, it’s quite possible in a downpour that he became disoriented and slipped. He wasn’t in an area he was familiar with and wouldn’t be able to navigate as well as someone who was born and raised in the area. Especially if Trying to see in a down pour.

All very good points everyone has made. I hope they find him soon.

So when I initially listened to the podcast that included Bailey and his mom, I remember thinking that I wasn't that suspicious of her, but after reading others' thoughts and insights, I can see some red flags and things that make me go hmmm as well. The fact that she was already picturing him coming home in a body bag within a short time, requesting the death certificate, her family lawyering up, her skirting some issues and leaving "blanks" in the events of the evening...yeah, definitely at a minimum, odd, at worst indicating that she might know he's dead. However, I do have to remind myself of the interview of Heidi Broussard's fiancé Shane, and the myriad and multitude red flags those raised with many of us, holy moly, how there were lots of seemingly critical blanks in his timeline, but in the end he was innocent of her disappearance.

I also come back around to the logistics of her or her family causing Chance to come to harm in the timeframe and given the various sightings of him, and last phone ping. I think it would require a lot of coincidences and finding him in that state to have made that possible. Not that it isn't, I just find it improbable. So I'm back where I started, which is death by misadventure, but the how and where still eludes me. Hope that there are answers soon. Very soon.

Please correct me if I have anything wrong:
1) There was no communication from Chance during or after the storm which arrived at ~9pm.
2) His phone pinged at ~10pm but we don't know if Chance and his phone were in the same location at that time.
3) Chance had been out all day playing golf with his in-laws. Did his wife pick him up at their house or at the golf course? If Chance did not recharge his phone at his in-laws home or in the car with his wife, it's likely that the battery was not at full capacity.
4) What evidence is there that Chance met with 'foul play' that night?

As for the storm and it's arrival. Weather reports show the storm arrived about 8:17 p.m. on July 6th 2019. It started raining quite a bit by 8:30 ish and almost an inch of rain by 9:00 p.m. The storm was out of there a little after 9:.00 p.m. If you go to this pg you can use the slider for the precipitation and wind speed/direction at different times in the evening. Between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Scottsbluff, NE Weather History | Weather Underground\

upload_2020-1-27_16-27-31.png

Last edited:
Bumping for Chance. I’m still new here and don’t want to violate any rules but FYI Justice takes flight released a public report on their scent dog tracking. Of course the official findings will go to LE. They also said they will be returning to help. I found this info on the Facebook sites related to searches for Chance. I can provide link but it’s my understanding that isn’t official and we aren’t supposed to? Hopefully I’m understanding the rules correctly. Just wanted to say the info is out there if anyone is interested. Prayers to Chance’s friends and family to find him very soon. From the looks of the report, it appears he may have ended up in the water but that is IMO and my interpretation. I will say the scent dogs have made me think twice about whether or not this was foul play. It would appear he did walk some distance...however it’s also possible the trail had many negative hits and that information just isn’t being provided to us due to it being an active investigation.

Bumping for Chance. I’m still new here and don’t want to violate any rules but FYI Justice takes flight released a public report on their scent dog tracking. Of course the official findings will go to LE. They also said they will be returning to help. I found this info on the Facebook sites related to searches for Chance. I can provide link but it’s my understanding that isn’t official and we aren’t supposed to? Hopefully I’m understanding the rules correctly. Just wanted to say the info is out there if anyone is interested. Prayers to Chance’s friends and family to find him very soon. From the looks of the report, it appears he may have ended up in the water but that is IMO and my interpretation. I will say the scent dogs have made me think twice about whether or not this was foul play. It would appear he did walk some distance...however it’s also possible the trail had many negative hits and that information just isn’t being provided to us due to it being an active investigation.
JTF ( Justice Takes Flight ) will be conducting their own search on March 21-24.

I think your analysis and speculation has the highest probability of being accurate given our knowledge of prior, similar cases, and the circumstances as described.

amateur opinion and speculation

No insurance according to the wife.

So if there is no insurance policy, why the big rush to have him declared dead?

What would the reasons be for such an immediate need for a death certificate? Insurance, social security widow’s benefits, social security benefits for the child, proof that spouse is deceased in order to remarry. Any others?

So if there is no insurance policy, why the big rush to have him declared dead?

What would the reasons be for such an immediate need for a death certificate? Insurance, social security widow’s benefits, social security benefits for the child, proof that spouse is deceased in order to remarry. Any others?
Remarriage came to mind immediately.

amateur opinion and speculation

He wouldn't have to be declared dead for her to remarry. Abandonment is cause for divorce and far quicker. But then someone might not be aware of that.

Why? Is she with someone else now?

But declared dead is required for the kid to get SS benefits.
Wouldn't the surviving spouse also have SS benefits...or just the child?

IIRC, it was reported that the couple had just recently purchased a home and the wife was going to be starting nursing school in August 2019.
Lots of financial pressures and no insurance since Chance was between jobs when he went missing.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member