Beautiful Afro and White Turtleneck Girl

Just gathering up the African American females that may have met possible timeframe for "OBBG". I know that they may not be matches but wanted to keep them in one place for safe keeping.
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4935
Barbara K. Jolly,
Female,
Black / African American
Date of Last Contact
August 22, 1976
Missing From
Seattle, Washington

[NO IMAGE]

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP12010
Marion Cornelius Hawkins, Female,
Black / African American

Date of Last Contact
October 7, 1975
Missing From
Los Angeles, California

Circumstances of Disappearance On October 7, 1975 Marion Hawkins moved from Marin City, California to live in Los Angeles. Her mother (reporting party) received a letter from Hawkins saying she was living at that address. The RP received a letter from an unidentified male saying Hawkins moved out. She was never heard from again.

I toned down her saturation and make the colors more true to the real colors. Check it outblack girl.png

I havent seen a facial match for her from a UID or missing person yet. I may have to check cold cases but I don't know how to search for them with her criteria

Last edited:
Thank you for the updated photo, it is always good to get a different view on things,

I sure wish there was something that could be brought out in the background but there certainly isn't much to see.

When you are talking about searching cold cases, do you mean on Namus or elsewhere?

I toned down her saturation and make the colors more true to the real colors. Check it outView attachment 228061

I havent seen a facial match for her from a UID or missing person yet. I may have to check cold cases but I don't know how to search for them with her criteria

ALCALA was incarcerated on the date of last contact with Marion.

Date of Last Contact
October 7, 1975
Missing From
Los Angeles, California

ALCALA
1974-77 incarcerated ("Julie J.") California. Released on parole, June 1977. Parole agent allowed Alcala to travel to New York to visit relatives.

[NO IMAGE]

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP12010
Marion Cornelius Hawkins, Female,
Black / African American

Date of Last Contact
October 7, 1975
Missing From
Los Angeles, California

Circumstances of Disappearance On October 7, 1975 Marion Hawkins moved from Marin City, California to live in Los Angeles. Her mother (reporting party) received a letter from Hawkins saying she was living at that address. The RP received a letter from an unidentified male saying Hawkins moved out. She was never heard from again.

Thank you for the updated photo, it is always good to get a different view on things,

I sure wish there was something that could be brought out in the background but there certainly isn't much to see.

When you are talking about searching cold cases, do you mean on Namus or elsewhere?
Namus, or elsewhere is good. I find it hard to narrow down search interests of Cold cases. For example, how did they find the cold case of Joyce Gaunt and Antionette Wittaker (rodney's suspected victims) other than newspapers archive? I don't have money to buy a subscription into those and many of the newspapers have not been published online.

Let me try to get things straight, you are asking how it was determined that a couple girls that Alcala had photos of turned out to be Joyce Gaunt and Antionette Wittaker, is that correct?

Besides having to look up articles, etc., it is possible that they could have used NamUs.gov and searched for girls who had features similar to the girls in photo, such as having, blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes, etc.,

then they could have narrowed the search to the time that they knew Alcala was incarcerated, once they found hits on the possibilities who the girls might have been they could have looked for unidentified remains that were located in areas that Alcala was known to be at, you could narrow it down to include only caucasian females (or whatever race/ethnicity they were), then you could compare the unidentified females to the missing persons and look at the areas where they went missing and where the unidentified remains were found,

also you could use Charley project and DoeNetwork to see if they have more information on the missing person you found on NamUs.gov as well as the unidentified remains,

you could also do a simple search of Google or Bing or whatever search engine you want to use and see if someone may have started a FaceBook page for them and there may be more information about their disappearance there,

sometimes if you are lucky you could find articles that are free,

if all else fails you could ask someone here if they have access to certain databases that have stories about the missing or unidentified person you need a look up for, their are many generous folks here on WebSleuths that would be willing to lend a hand and assist you in whatever way they can.

Hope this helps.

Namus, or elsewhere is good. I find it hard to narrow down search interests of Cold cases. For example, how did they find the cold case of Joyce Gaunt and Antionette Wittaker (rodney's suspected victims) other than newspapers archive? I don't have money to buy a subscription into those and many of the newspapers have not been published online.

Let me try to get things straight, you are asking how it was determined that a couple girls that Alcala had photos of turned out to be Joyce Gaunt and Antionette Wittaker, is that correct?

Besides having to look up articles, etc., it is possible that they could have used NamUs.gov and searched for girls who had features similar to the girls in photo, such as having, blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes, etc.,

then they could have narrowed the search to the time that they knew Alcala was incarcerated, once they found hits on the possibilities who the girls might have been they could have looked for unidentified remains that were located in areas that Alcala was known to be at, you could narrow it down to include only caucasian females (or whatever race/ethnicity they were), then you could compare the unidentified females to the missing persons and look at the areas where they went missing and where the unidentified remains were found,

also you could use Charley project and DoeNetwork to see if they have more information on the missing person you found on NamUs.gov as well as the unidentified remains,

you could also do a simple search of Google or Bing or whatever search engine you want to use and see if someone may have started a FaceBook page for them and there may be more information about their disappearance there,

sometimes if you are lucky you could find articles that are free,

if all else fails you could ask someone here if they have access to certain databases that have stories about the missing or unidentified person you need a look up for, their are many generous folks here on WebSleuths that would be willing to lend a hand and assist you in whatever way they can.

Hope this helps.

No, I am asking how it was determined the cold cases of Antionette Wittaker and Joyce Gaunt happened when their stories are not published anywhere in the net before they were mentioned to Rodney Alcala? Well, besides Joyce Guant, I could not find any information about Antionette Wittaker existing much anywhere. I have to assume it was from digging in physical newspaper archives, or some library of information that is not normally accessible to the public.

I will try to hit up as many cases I can. But it will be a grueling task. Information is not on our side -- especially in this day and age where search engines control what they decide to index or not and outright omit things from appearing.

OK, I got you now, maybe it was LE who had the details in their cold case records and when they found the contents of Alcala's storage unit they were able to connect the dots, I am so uncertain of this, it is puzzling. It is very difficult to do research these days, but I think we have to at least try. Hang in there.

No, I am asking how it was determined the cold cases of Antionette Wittaker and Joyce Gaunt happened when their stories are not published anywhere in the net before they were mentioned to Rodney Alcala? Well, besides Joyce Guant, I could not find any information about Antionette Wittaker existing much anywhere. I have to assume it was from digging in physical newspaper archives, or some library of information that is not normally accessible to the public.

I will try to hit up as many cases I can. But it will be a grueling task. Information is not on our side -- especially in this day and age where search engines control what they decide to index or not and outright omit things from appearing.

I think this will not see a break until I see the rest of his photographs. LE did a massive miscarriage of justice -- once again -- to this half-hearted release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back