Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is likely to become a moot point in the next day or two. We’ll have a clear idea once we get an update on his condition, and the status of his brain activity.

We’re probably close to a situation where it’s time to game out how this all moves forward, with MT now the biggest fish.
Possible.

I watched the live feed today and the CPR efforts went on IMO for nearly 30 min and possibly more and I didn't see him move on the ground at all.

But, we don't know how long he was in the garage attached to the gas.

He apparently was to drive to Stamford himself and so that would have meant leaving at least 1.5 hr in advance of noon court date IMO.

They found him in distress and this was later revised to non responsive.

The impact of the poisoning I believe can also happen over time as impacted brain cells and nerve cells die.

We just have to wait and see if he makes it through the night as he could be in a very critical period now where they assess the extent of the damage.

MOO

@kimch33kim said:
Bond money was never to be returned either way. Only if he paid the complete bond, which he didn't.

The bond premium and the bond collateral for $6mil are not the same. No refund for a premium, and a defendant forfeits the collateral if he jumps bail.

I'm sure there is an exception if defendant's no show due to medical incapacitated but don't know it same applies to a suicide attempt. (It probably does).

Nonetheless - it's doesn't apply here because the bond was already pulled by the surety.

It's being reported the State Insurance regulators advised Palmetto Surety (underwrote the bond) that FD's bond collateral had been secured by wildly overvalued real estate.

FD's bond was secured by 6 pieces of real estate -- two subject to foreclosure and third substantially overvalued.

Early Tuesday, Palmetto instructed it's local lawyer to move in court to revoke the bond. The lawyer and a private bondsman reportedly arrived at FD's residence about 11:30 AM to formally serve notice bond being pulled and found the police and chaos underway. MOO

Hartford, Connecticut Breaking News, Sports & Entertainment - Hartford Courant
And all this is why he did what he did in the garage today, imo.

This has nothing to do with remorse or guilt about Jennifer, except perhaps in FD's eyes, her death caused all this financial trouble for him. It's all about the money to him, imo, and he is completely out of financial options - even his TV-loving lawyer wasn't there for him at the bond hearing today and my hunch his lawyer was losing interest because of the money issue. Speculation only.

jmo

I thought I read that CPR was administered for 15 minutes but with all the misreporting it's hard to tell. He apparently did not have a pulse for 15 minutes but I suppose that could mean it was so faint it wasn't detected. They were probably checking while they were working on him.

I don't think this was staged. If it doesn't kill you, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause permanent brain damage and neurological problems and I don't see Fotis taking that kind of risk.

Imo
The efforts to revive have been reported to have lasted from 15 min to 30 min. Watching it live, the first responders worked on him from the second they pulled him from the car to fresh air and didn't stop IMO until he was loaded into the ambulance. The full on chest compressions were in evidence throughout the event IMO.

Quick question- Once they stabilize him, can't they put the ankle bracelet/monitor back on him?? I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to do so.
I understand taking it off during the therapy in the hyperbaric chamber but once that was completed, they should be able to attach the ankle monitor. JMO
I really doubt he will ever need an ankle monitor again. If he recovers enough LE will
be attached to him while hospitalized and IF
he is released from medical, he will probably be
sent to a psychiatric hospital till his trial.
For the time being, they may try numerous
treatments in the h. chamber, so for now it stays off.

L
The Dave Altimari timeline of the early am events IMO clarify a bit of what happened to push Fd over the edge here - looks like the bond was to be revoked and Colangelo got the news at 8:30am and Atty. P. at 9:00am:

State insurance regulators determined there were problems with the real estate valuations and transmitted the information to Palmetto Surety, the South Carolina insurer that underwrote the bond. Specifically, the bond was secured by six pieces of real estate – two of which it had been determined were subject to foreclosure and a third was found to have been substantially overvalued.

Early Tuesday, Palmetto instructed its local lawyer, A. Ryan McGuigan, to move in court to revoke the bond. McGuigan said he notified State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo at about 8:30 a.m. of the impending revocation and that Colangelo notified Pattis at about 9 a.m. [BBM]

McGuigan said he and a private bondsman arrived at the Dulos home in Farmington at about 11:30 a.m. to serve notice that they would be formally moving in court later in the morning to pull the bond. McGuigan said he encountered a state of confusion. [BBM]

Two Farmington patrol cars had already arrived and they were quickly joined by dozens of police officers and emergency medical personnel.

The first responders located Dulos in the garage of his home. McGuigan said Dulos, who appeared unresponsive, was moved to the back yard from the garage, which appears to have been filled with smoke or exhaust. Emergency medical personnel immediately began efforts at resuscitation, which continued for an extended period of time, two sources said.

It was believed initially by the first responders that Dulos had died. But after at least a half hour of efforts at resuscitation, medical personnel detective a faint pulse, one of the sources said.
IMO FD had thought about suicide as his exit plan for a while and the bond revocation put him over the edge. I feel like his case is the discovery phase and he saw something incriminating in the states evidence that shocked him, things that he was surprised LE knew about...and with that new information his whole sense of getting away with it collapsed....then immediately after that, the bond hearing where he knew revocation was coming, and he imploded and implemented his exit plan. 100% in line with how a narcissist would think — no longer able to run his long con, noone to manipulate and admire him, going out on his “own terms”, in charge right to the end. Not the suicide of despair that we see with the depressed, but rather a way to avoid the consequences of his own life choices. MOO MOO

Last edited:
It’s telling. Apparently the monstrous ego of his client is no match for how Norm views himself.

Apparently like some sort of deity.
Shows he's read the Bible but didn't interpret it quite right.

But, it might mean that he did abandon FD over finances but didn't realize it would result in a suicide attempt.

Speculation on my part, not fact.

jmo

So, when his finances were about to be revealed in the divorce case, he had to kill Jennifer to keep them from being exposed.
Now, when his finances were about to be revealed in her murder case (and perhaps send him to jail) he tried to kill himself.

He is willing to kill/die to protect the truth about his finances from being revealed.

From the DM "friend" comments, it seems that FD decided it would be better to die than to endure prison. Why didn't he think of this earlier? Did he really think he was going to get away with it, when he was driving down the Merritt on the 24th, when he was biking along Weed St that morning? Did NP and KS egg him on to believe he could get away with anything? They appeared to have set up an alternate bailout that morning, so clearly they were continuing in that vein.

Does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that nobody was accompanying FD driving down to court this morning? He was just going to hop in the Suburban and drive down there on his own?

Yes the fact he was driving himself is bizarre. High profile murder case. Huge bond. You would think his legal team would know he would be a bag of nerves and chauffeur him to the hearing.

I think this is likely to become a moot point in the next day or two. We’ll have a clear idea once we get an update on his condition, and the status of his brain activity.

We’re probably close to a situation where it’s time to game out how this all moves forward, with MT now the biggest fish.

BBM - Norm knows this too. You know he's researching how to play this out, probably FD being "impaired" will be the best outcome for them.

ABC News on site at Jacobi Medical Center said
there's a heavy police presence around the facility since FD arrived.
Reporter said he had just been transferred from the ER to the Hyperbaric Chamber.
I wonder how long til they will evaluate the condition of his brain and how much is still viable and how much is damaged.

If he has just gone to the hyperbaric chamber, it will be a few hours IMO It takes time. It takes time to pressurize the chamber, then the treatment, then depressurize the chamber. He is obviously 'well enough' to go into the chamber though, which means that certain bodily functions must be under control. So many requirements to be able to safely go into a chamber because once he's in there, they can't just take him out. Even something as simple as blood sugars need to be taken before someone enters because blood sugars drop dramatically. All JMO based on experience ;-)

If FD family approves and Medical Team said it is okay, FD’s organs can be donated.....and even according to the church.

All Christians are encouraged to become organ, blood, and tissue donors "as part of their ministry to others in the name of Christ, who gave His life that we may have life in its fullness." The Greek Orthodox Church has no objection to donation as long as the organs and tissues are used to better human life.
www.kidney.org › atoz › content › religion-organ-donation

Religion and Organ Donation | National Kidney Foundation

Bizarre that due diligence wasn't done by the bonding company as all this information is public and so widely discussed.

Also don't get why the State didn't check this all out too as the financial investigation has been ongoing now for months.

Seems sloppy on all sides IMO so I'm baffled how this happens.

MOO
It was actually the State Insurance regulators that notified the underwriter (Palmetto) this morning of the irregularity in his collateral. It probably took them a couple of weeks to verify the coverage.

I would not be surprised if the unidentified woman that first showed up FD residence is subject to action if she was paid to package FD's proposal for coverage. This would have involved securing appraisals, title insurance, etc., which all proved false and likely fraudulent -- which we know is the way FD typically operates.

Palmetto had already advised their lawyer to pull the bond and FD knew he was going to court and would be taken into custody.

The lawyer for surety arrived at FD's during the chaos to formerly serve FD his bond being pulled.

Yes the fact he was driving himself is bizarre. High profile murder case. Huge bond. You would think his legal team would know he would be a bag of nerves and chauffeur him to the hearing.
Can't disagree. I was repeating what the reporter said this am on WFSB but we have no definitive statement on the timeline from LE as they are presently investigating. The reporting has been unclear on this point.

Fd 'sister' is apparently in town too. So, where was she this morning?

Did Fd hoodwink his bond monitor and his 'sister'?

I would think that someone's physical condition prior to toxic exposure, even something as deadly as all the nasty fumes that cars generate could determine if he survives with brain activity. A high IQ achiever who was known to frequent Whole Foods, probably with an optimal diet, supplement with a lot of anti oxidants. Not a guarantee of anything, but the car fumes were a late model high efficiency vehicle so less than for example my older vehicle. My guess is that the reptile pulls through, a little like the villain in "The Terminator". Some people you can't kill through normal means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288