TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Because the police interviewed the person who took her to work and they confirmed it? What other witnesses would there be to be interviewed? Someone was interviewed who confirmed it. Why would they not interview the actual person who took her to work if they were interviewing people to confirm her movements? So, either this person lied to the investigators at the time, and is now liable for obstruction charges, or (more likely) they are confused about the dates. And remember, it was not just an interview that confirmed BD's movements, it was records as well. Those records are most likely phone records, where BD communicated to this individual to come and pick her up.

Sorry, but the affidavit is quite clear on that point.
Wasn't it Clints sister that took her to work ? I has been so long since I read anything other then the facebook posts that appear on my news feed.Those are a mess.

Shawn Adkins himself stated on Facebook that he took Billie to work on Monday. Now why he would change his story, only he knows. The friend who supposedly took her to work that Monday told Clint she did not.

Police said in the very beginning it was hard to get to the truth, because people were being dishonest.

Why people lied, and changed their stories is beyond me. I'm not here to argue with anyone because at the end of the day none of us, to my knowledge, were there. All anyone has to go on is police reports, witness statements, and statements made by key players. No need to attack each other or argue with anyone, because as we all know a lot of facts have been kept from the public. All anyone wants is justice for Hailey, WHOEVER did it, needs to be held accountable. If people lied they need to be held accountable. If people changed stories, they need to be held accountable.

I remember that AutumnDawn. This would have been on Tuesday, the morning I think SA might have taken her to work. I remember someone at SA's work stating to LE BD was in the car with SA the morning he quit, but that is not corroborated anywhere else. I think that is what we are all remembering. Also, the lady who supposedly took BD to work on Monday claimed later she did not take her that morning. You are correct about all the lies. They do come back to haunt you and it makes their stories all confused and facts are hard to come by in this case.

Someone took her that morning (Monday). I remember early on debating the story about what route he took home. I always felt BD should have seen him returning to CC that morning. They should have met each other on the highway. That is not a well traveled road by any means.

I am afraid we may never know exactly what happened.

Praying for Justice for Hailey!

It cannot be linked since it is on Clint's facebook page. You can Find it on there.

Namnymoo I agree, if they were both traveling between ccity and snyder around the same time then Billie would have seen her car going back into town. Then most people would have called and asked where he was going....but again who really knows.

That was the first time I started to really question their story. I was pretty much onboard with runaway before I started hearing that.

It didn't take me long to start questioning. Hailey is the case that brought me to Websleuths and I have been here ever since.

I so hope someone is really working behind the scenes to bring her Justice.

I found an interesting article but not sure I can link it. Where do we find our moderator?

Nannymo, just PM Tricia with the article and link to the facebook page. I think Tricia should interview Erica & Clint for her podcast!! I suggested that to her months ago, but never heard back. Justice for Hailey!

I did, they are looking at it and will let me know.
Thanks NM. So I read something today. Clint is "claiming" that Scurry County DA-Ben Smith is the prosecution road block. That information came from a few of the investigator's who worked Hailey's case. DA Smith evidently wants a full confession from Adkins before he will bring murder charges.

Have no idea if that's true? I was thinking about contacting some reporters, see if there is a real live investigative journalist out there with some chutzpah ... someone who won't take no comment or silence for an answer. Someone who might call or show up at a County Supervisors meeting to ask some questions in public. :)

Great idea! The article can probably be found with a good google search. It's from Clint's PI.

Someone needs to investigate this case.

I found an interesting article but not sure I can link it. Where do we find our moderator?
Hi Nannymo,

I really appreciate you checking first before posting.
The article in question is not a mainstream media article. It is a blog about personal experience. While the writer offers a very compelling and chilling story there is nothing offered in the way of proof to back up what they said happened. I am not suggesting they are lying. All I am saying is this is not a mainstream media type story and it is because of the lack of verification of what is being said.

Nannymo, just PM Tricia with the article and link to the facebook page. I think Tricia should interview Erica & Clint for her podcast!! I suggested that to her months ago, but never heard back. Justice for Hailey!
Hi Knox,
My apologies for not getting back with you. Please understand that sometimes, on a daily basis, I will get 100+ private messages, emails, Facebook messages, text messages, even a couple of carrier pigeons have shown up on my doorstep. Ok, the pigeon thing is not true but the rest is the truth.
In reality, I would love to Erica and Clint on my podcast. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com or carrier pigeon works too. :)

Hi Knox,
My apologies for not getting back with you. Please understand that sometimes, on a daily basis, I will get 100+ private messages, emails, Facebook messages, text messages, even a couple of carrier pigeons have shown up on my doorstep. Ok, the pigeon thing is not true but the rest is the truth.
In reality, I would love to Erica and Clint on my podcast. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com or carrier pigeon works too. :)
Phone number at link Who Killed Hailey Dunn - with that number of daily communications, figured it's safer to link you directly :)

Thanks Tricia for checking. I was afraid of that but since the writer is also Clint's PI, I thought it might be allowed. :)

Hope you give those pigeons a treat occasionally!

Thanks NM. So I read something today. Clint is "claiming" that Scurry County DA-Ben Smith is the prosecution road block. That information came from a few of the investigator's who worked Hailey's case. DA Smith evidently wants a full confession from Adkins before he will bring murder charges.

Have no idea if that's true? I was thinking about contacting some reporters, see if there is a real live investigative journalist out there with some chutzpah ... someone who won't take no comment or silence for an answer. Someone who might call or show up at a County Supervisors meeting to ask some questions in public. :)

Well don't you need to interrogate a suspect to get a confession? As far as I know he hasn't been questioned in 9 years!

I certainly hope more is going on behind the scenes that is not being reported.

I doubt that the DA would have said anything like that to investigators, unless he was being facetious in response to questions from them about why no charges were being brought. Basically the DA telling them that there is no way that he could charge anyone with the sort of evidence they had short of a confession. And then some people with poor comprehension skills reinterpreting that as him refusing to charge with anything less than a confession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back