GUILTY NY - Kelly Owen, 27, found strangled in parent's Long Island home, 16 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

LE hasn't said much but the reference of ME was to "homicide" and not "suicide".

Given the description we have received from the ME, I'm not sure how self inflicted fits with the narrative here.

But info is so limited that its hard to say much about MOD.

So we wait....
You misread my intention. I'm not in any way saying I believe it to be suicide, what I am stating is that LE's attention to it and the reporting it seem a bit off to me and it has the same feeling as if it was a suicide instead of a homicide. Maybe I'm just wanting to see more interest and activity on the investigation. And, yes, I'm well versed that LE keeps things to the vest, we don't need to know, LE doesn't have to enlighten us and all the other comments I'll receive. I've been at this for a long time and this is just my opinion here and right now, the interest from LE seems a bit lacking. Hopefully something will break soon.

You misread my intention. I'm not in any way saying I believe it to be suicide, what I am stating is that LE's attention to it and the reporting it seem a bit off to me and it has the same feeling as if it was a suicide instead of a homicide. Maybe I'm just wanting to see more interest and activity on the investigation. And, yes, I'm well versed that LE keeps things to the vest, we don't need to know, LE doesn't have to enlighten us and all the other comments I'll receive. I've been at this for a long time and this is just my opinion here and right now, the interest from LE seems a bit lacking. Hopefully something will break soon.

It feels to me like LE has their POI picked out and it is someone well known to her. So no need for pressers to ask for help from public?

@lonetraveler, sorry I misunderstood your statement. I agree that the LE comments here haven't provided much to work with. So, we will just have to wait.

I thought it was interesting there were only 5 comments on the memory wall, and 2 of the comments were from mothers of ex-boyfriends...

IMO
Why? I saw the mother of one ex boyfriend, and the mother of someone who took her to Prom. I just see it as two ladies that knew her and that have nothing but nice things to say about her.

Arrest in suffocation murder of 27-year-old Kelly Owen on Long Island
MINEOLA, Long Island (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the suffocation murder of a young mother and nursing student on Long Island.

27-year-old Michael Owen is being charged with second degree murder in the death of 27-year-old Kelly Owen.
snipped

Investigators have not said how the two are related.

"A St. James man has been arrested in connection with the death of a South Farmingdale woman who was found strangled in her home earlier this month, Nassau police said. Michael Owen, 27, has been charged with second-degree murder, police said. He is to be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead." Cops: Arrest made in death of South Farmingdale woman

I'd say I'm leaning the same way you might be. Interesting silence from family and friends. IMO
I wonder if the family's silence was because they knew or suspected all along that it was the ex. and they had confidence the police were taking the investigation seriously. I'm so glad the silence from LE was a case of LE getting ducks in a row to make an arrest. In that way it reminds me of Carolyn Byington, where it seemed like nothing was happening and then, bang, an arrest. Though Carolyn's killer (alleged) had a much more distant relationship and it took longer to resolve.

Why oh why can't some guys just MOVE ON.

In my opinion, he was the suspect from the beginning. Everyone that knew her kept quiet and let the police get what they needed. Even on sm there was very very little chatter.

If this was the case , I really admire the family for restraining themselves, I don't think that I would have handled this situation that well:oops:.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back