Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW DETAILS: When did Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell arrive in Kauai? Resident who wants to be anonymous says around 12/10. Source says he never saw kids & couple hung by pool a lot. Condo is 3BR/3BA selling for $719K.

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

I wonder how close to the actual date December 10 is. Did they arrive before or after Alex's death?
So coincidental. The day before Tammy's exhumation and two days before Alex's death.

It is quite possible that they signed a contract that allowed the home to continue to be shown and even sold. The lease would simply transfer to the new owner. Don't know the specific requirements in Hawaii, but in the states I've lived/rented it, showing a place simply requires notifying the tenants with the appropriate amount of time. The tenant isn't usually required to not be home, but it's often preferred, by both the landlord and the tenant. I can easily imagine C & L not wanting to be home when the place was shown.

----------------------------------------

The real question, though, is where are they tonight, if they checked out of the Mariott? They're gonna run out of high-end motels near the airport, sooner or later, lol.
Maybe already on a plane?

Chad and Lori, if you are reading this and wondering what your last name is in Hawaiian, maybe Kewela with a kahako over the first e. Your last name might mean "the hot one" in Hawaiian. I'm sure you will think that is fitting!
With so many people looking, Dorbell?

copying over @Gardener1850 's post #1055 in the last thread:

It looks like they could easily get out of the hotel grounds via the beach.

Somehow I don't see them sitting in their room biting their nails. I hope those watching them have all the angles covered. I could even see them dragging suitcases along the beach at 3 am to get away.

Anyway, I'm sure they will be boarding a plane today whether they have intentions of complying with the court order or escaping. Can he fly a plane? Pilot a boat? Row a boat lol?

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

NEW DETAILS: When did Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell arrive in Kauai? Resident who wants to be anonymous says around 12/10. Source says he never saw kids & couple hung by pool a lot. Condo is 3BR/3BA selling for $719K. Vallow has until 5PM 1/30 to show kids are safe. #fox10phoenix Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

It is currently:

6:43 AM
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 (MST)
Time in Rexburg, ID

This is just such a strange case I don't even know where to begin to think about the potential criminal liability here.

Can you stash your 7 year old with caregivers then refuse to tell police?

I have no idea in my own jurisdiction let alone in Idaho!
You probably could if there were no reasonable grounds for suspecting they were in danger. I think in this case the mother of the kids telling someone her daughter was dead, and her new husband telling someone she has no minor children, satisfies that requirement. Plus other things like getting rid of JJ's service dog, and his special needs, including medical needs. And then there is the trail of suspicious deaths, gun-related incidents and the running away.

copying over @Gardener1850 's post #1055 in the last thread:

It looks like they could easily get out of the hotel grounds via the beach.

Somehow I don't see them sitting in their room biting their nails. I hope those watching them have all the angles covered. I could even see them dragging suitcases along the beach at 3 am to get away.

Anyway, I'm sure they will be boarding a plane today whether they have intentions of complying with the court order or escaping. Can he fly a plane? Pilot a boat? Row a boat lol?
No they will just do the perp walk for the cameras again. I cannot see her sneaking out along the beach for anyone. Maybe put on a dark wig no sunglasses and leave separately out the back door though. :) unless they want the publicity, which is what I suspect, for the next book.

Exactly. Police in Las Vegas don't even want to be bothered, unless there was a shooting. Child welfare checks? That is so far down the list...

Which even in Rexburg, ID, there was obviously something going on, for a Police Officer "Welfare Check" for a juvenile, usually that is for CPS. By November, the police already knew that there was a problem here.
There’s a real problem in this country if child welfare checks are far down the list.

You probably could if there were no reasonable grounds for suspecting they were in danger.

I was mulling this over, but i kind of feel your kids being gone and refusing to tell police where they went is reasonable grounds for suspicion of itself?

Otherwise all those scumbags who falsely claim their kids were abducted have been missing a trick!

I think in this case the mother of the kids telling someone her daughter was dead, and her new husband telling someone she has no minor children, satisfies that requirement. Plus other things like getting rid of JJ's service dog, and his special needs, including medical needs. And then there is the trail of suspicious deaths, gun-related incidents and the running away.

Yep - all that stuff is way suss.

Which is why I can't really understand why local law enforcement hasn't arrested them?

The police must know something we don't.

1. 19:09
    LIH
    06:51+1
    SLC
    1 stop in HNL
    8h 42 m
    Hawaiian, Delta
    US$364
    round trip

2. 23:30
  3. LIH
  4. 15:57+1
    SLC
    2 stops in LAX, SMF
    13h 27 m
    Delta
    Operated by Skywest DBA Delta Connection
    US$376
    round trip

5. 23:30
    LIH
    15:57+1
    SLC
    2 stops in LAX, SMF

13h 27 m
    Delta

Operated by Compass DBA Delta Connection
    US$376
    round trip

6. 23:30
    LIH
    13:04+1
    SLC
    2 stops in LAX, SAN
    10h 34 m
    Delta
    Operated by Compass DBA Delta Connection
    US$428
    round trip

7. 23:30
    LIH
    13:02+1
    SLC
    2 stops in LAX, SMF
    10h 32 m
    Delta
    Opera
Just copied the flight times from ohmeohmy's link on the last thread.

So they checked out of the place they were searched at(KBR). Do we know where they went? Another hotel? Redeye to SLC? Someone mentioned the Marriott Lihue. Do we know that or is it speculation?

BTW, no one questioned this but it's pretty common around here to checkout and still use the resort facilities (pool etc). They are usually pretty chill about that and most resorts even have hospitality rooms to change in before your late night flight. Sometimes they charge tourists but if you ask as a local they generally don't charge. Lots of flights leave Hawaii in the late evening to hit mainland cities early in the morning.

Nate Eaton says he got video of them walking out of the Marriot with day bags like they were going to the beach but they went back inside when they saw the news crew:
Nate Eaton - Reporter

I have not seen the video clip posted anywhere yet. Can anyone find it?

I was mulling this over, but i kind of feel your kids being gone and refusing to tell police where they went is reasonable grounds for suspicion of itself?

Otherwise all those scumbags who falsely claim their kids were abducted have been missing a trick!

Yep - all that stuff is way suss.

Which is why I can't really understand why local law enforcement hasn't arrested them?

The police must know something we don't.
It could just be the moving around between states and LE organising themselves per responsibility and jurisdiction to act. Once JJ was taken out of school and with the adults leaving state to marry between that time and the time the welfare check was requested, I suspect it might have been a case of ascertaining where he disappeared from/potential crime occurred. I don't know?

Reporter Nate Eaton made a very touching post about his 6 year old daughter and how he would act if his daughter or his 2 sons were missing: Nate Eaton - Reporter

Nate is not just an awesome reporter he's an awesome daddy too. I think any of us would do what Nate is describing and he makes an excellent point. Lori and Chad are not acting as normal parents in this situation would.

On a side note: Nate and Justin Lum are neck and neck in the running for "reporter of the year" in my book and I've never even heard of these two before this case.

MOO.

Last edited:
This is just such a strange case I don't even know where to begin to think about the potential criminal liability here.

Can you stash your 7 year old with caregivers then refuse to tell police?

I have no idea in my own jurisdiction let alone in Idaho!
If the children are with caregivers( and that's a big if), can you imagine what they must have thought, seeing the condo and resort they have been living in? Them, without a care in the world, living in luxury. The caregivers taking care of a special needs child without medication and a 17-year-old girl? They may be the ones to bring the kids to court and say "enough, they are all yours"!

Video of Nate interviewing some locals before the warrants were served:
What do locals in Hawaii know about the Daybell case? | East Idaho News

ETA: Go Nate! He showed everyone he talked to the photos of both the missing children and the POI's. Not one person he spoke with had heard about the case before the police served warrants and Nate did that 3 minute walk trying to talk to Chad and Lori. I hope that has changed thanks to Nate's awesome journalism.

MOO.

Last edited:
Reporter Nate Eaton made a very touching post about his 6 year old daughter and how he would act if his daughter or his 2 sons were missing: Nate Eaton - Reporter

Nate is not just an awesome reporter he's an awesome daddy too. I think any of us would do what Nate is describing and he makes an excellent point. Lori and Chad are not acting as normal parents in this situation would.

On a side note: Nate and Justin Lum are neck and neck in the running for "reporter of the year" in my book and I've never even heard of these two before this case.

MOO.

At Christmas time there was a millionaire (I think they said this was the case) who wanted to remain anonymous, but was giving surprise gifts to people who through some kind of bad luck found themselves in need. The person bankrolling this was referred to as a "secret Santa" but it was Nate who got to go to each of the people and tell them about the gift they were receiving. I tend to get a fair amount of my news, at least local news, based on what stories float by on my Facebook newsfeed from Eastern Idaho News and one of the local papers anyway, but the secret Santa got a lot of my attention over the holidays and I've heard (I think people commenting on here) that he was getting fans all over from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie