MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I'll open up to the forum:

Detective Asher in People Magazine Investigates:
"Dustin was on Commercial Street passed out"

Mike Clay on forums (including here):
"Dusty and I were at my sister's house"

These are the statements I want nailed down. Asher lying or Clay lying.... and since the thread started as a question about what bothers you the most. this is it...

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait, her memory 20 years later is the smoking gun here?

If memories are in question... I got some new questions for you about other potential suspects/players

You didn’t ask about memories , You said it was rumors & asked for sources , and I gave you direct statements she made , verified .

But , since you’re changing it up now .
How is that any different then Asher or MC memories after 20 years ? JK gets a free pass & they don’t ? Seems to be a sliding scale .

I think most people feel the same way. Three women disappear and there is no trace. I think it is able to be solved.
Besides graduation and parties, what else was happening around town that night which may have had an effect on any of the three women? Where did Sherrill obtain the piece of furniture? Could someone have left something in one of the drawers that they wanted back very badly? If the women started to go someplace voluntarily, what was open that late at night?

Besides graduation and parties, what else was happening around town that night which may have had an effect on any of the three women? Where did Sherrill obtain the piece of furniture? Could someone have left something in one of the drawers that they wanted back very badly? If the women started to go someplace voluntarily, what was open that late at night?
Good points! I’ve thought a lot about the furniture and the fumes Officer Bookout mentioned. It makes sense in a closed house, but how could anyone sleep in there? Refinishing furniture takes room and it can be dangerous. Maybe Sherrill slept in Suzie’s room and that’s why her purse was in there. If odors triggered Stacy’s headaches she would’ve been sick. Did they open more windows or go somewhere else? Small things can change a lot.

I don’t know if anyone lives in Springfield but if so, and if Sherrill had a weapon registered at the sheriff’s office. I would think those should be public records, perhaps.

I ask this because she was said by a close friend of Sherrill that she took the side door key from Suzie’s keychain as Suzie was said by this close friend to me that Suzie had left the side door unlocked and Sherrill was very security conscious.

There was no side door key on Suzie’s keychain. That was told to me directly by the officer who was charged with locating all similar vans in the area and beyond.

If she had a weapon registered I would want to know that the weapon remained in the home. If not, the weapon may have been taken and was involved in later crimes. If that weapon was subsequently recovered and linked to another crime and criminal it might offer a long shot identification of the perp.

I don’t recall any reports of this weapon if it existed. The missing side door key is confirmed by personal knowledge.

I happened to call the police station as I wanted to offer my services for free as I had a long period of investigation although not directly in law enforcement.

Good points! I’ve thought a lot about the furniture and the fumes Officer Bookout mentioned. It makes sense in a closed house, but how could anyone sleep in there? Refinishing furniture takes room and it can be dangerous. Maybe Sherrill slept in Suzie’s room and that’s why her purse was in there. If odors triggered Stacy’s headaches she would’ve been sick. Did they open more windows or go somewhere else? Small things can change a lot.
Keeping what you have stated in mind, do you believe they may have called a taxi or friend with the intent of going to a hotel?

George’s open til 2AM on Fri- Sat so they would be closed . I don’t recall if they were ever 24hours .
There was some early thoughts they walked to breakfast . What ladies up late after a long day are going to walk a mile with 3 working cars in the driveway? Not too mention , no money , clothes or tobacco . And it was chilly & foggy out . Never made any sense .

George’s open til 2AM on Fri- Sat so they would be closed . I don’t recall if they were ever 24hours .
There was some early thoughts they walked to breakfast . What ladies up late after a long day are going to walk a mile with 3 working cars in the driveway? Not too mention , no money , clothes or tobacco . And it was chilly & foggy out . Never made any sense .
Unless they weren't walking. Whatever happened to them could have been after being seen at George's if the timeline for the women is off. Their cars, purses and cigarettes could be at the house without them making it back safely. This is one possibility out of a million.

No, sure doesn't.

You didn’t ask about memories , You said it was rumors & asked for sources , and I gave you direct statements she made , verified .

But , since you’re changing it up now .
How is that any different then Asher or MC memories after 20 years ? JK gets a free pass & they don’t ? Seems to be a sliding scale .
Asher was a cop with multiple sources corroborating and Mike strongly defended his stance multiple times....

janelle was out of context on an edited show one time.. hardly sliding scale. I think there should be questions about janelle’s times.....just like there should be about Mike Clay’s revising of history

At that time of the morning I think Suzie or Sherrill would’ve driven her home. Stacy could’ve gotten her car later.
As a hair stylist Sherrill might’ve been less sensitive to fumes but it still seems odd that someone familiar with stripper and varnish would refinish furniture inside and not under their carport. I’d think it was an excuse, a polite way to decline an invitation if Bookout hadn’t mentioned it.

As a hair stylist Sherrill might’ve been less sensitive to fumes but it still seems odd that someone familiar with stripper and varnish would refinish furniture inside and not under their carport. I’d think it was an excuse, a polite way to decline an invitation if Bookout hadn’t mentioned it.

I remember my mom varnishing furniture in the basement. Not recommended or even safe, but in a well ventilated room it should be fine.

Police report :JK began calling at 07:30
Later she didn’t even wake up til about 09:00 .
That’s minimum 1.5 hours and doubtful the very first thing started calling at 09:00 . As woke up with a house full of family .
But , you already knew the answers .

It is common for me to get up early, make a phone call and then go back to sleep; Only to finally “wake up” later.

Perhaps this is what she meant.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I'll open up to the forum:

Detective Asher in People Magazine Investigates:
"Dustin was on Commercial Street passed out"

Mike Clay on forums (including here):
"Dusty and I were at my sister's house"

These are the statements I want nailed down. Asher lying or Clay lying.... and since the thread started as a question about what bothers you the most. this is it...

Did Mike’s sister happen to live on Commercial Street?

I don’t want to add rumors, but could this be something as simple as a prank by the friends that went wrong? That quote by the detective saying he believed people were brought into this without fully knowing what would happen seems odd to me. Hear me out on this. Do we know if they received any prank calls prior to when JK said she received them at the Levitt house? Maybe a prank call said something would happen that night and that’s why Suzy’s stomach hurt. I still think there is a reason so many people went into that house and that’s to leave fingerprints and destroy evidence. Also, do we know if the police ever confirmed that the phone rang when JK was in the house? Again, only speculation, but I feel for these people. I hope I get to see this case solved in my lifetime.

Last edited:
At that time of the morning I think Suzie or Sherrill would’ve driven her home. Stacy could’ve gotten her car later.
I thought you were suggesting that someone picked them up from Delmar to get away from varnish fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie