IL IL - Dalton Mesarchik, 7, Streator, 26 March 2003

How sad for Dalton's family. I wonder if they have used a psychic at all?

Taking action: Mesarchik marking anniversary of son's death as advocate

It's been seven years since seven-year-old Dalton Mesarchik of Streator was found murdered.

[snip]

To honor Dalton's memory, his mother, Michelle Mesarchik, who has moved out of the area, has dedicated her life to advocating on a local and national level for families of missing and exploited children. Mesarchik says she deals with her son's death by educating children and assisting with children's identification and DNA clinics to help prevent a similar situation from happening to other families.

More: http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=400570

Luciano: 'I'm looking for answers'

<snip>

"Michelle Mesarchik stays busy, always busy, to keep her mind from gnawing away at what little peace she can muster.

"Seven heart-wrenching years have passed since the unthinkable happened to her sweet-faced boy in small town America. While waiting for a church van, 7-year old Dalton Mesarchik vanished from outside their Streator home. The next day, he was found lifeless in a nearby river, his head bashed in with a sledgehammer."

http://www.pjstar.com/news/luciano/x905414014/Luciano-Im-looking-for-answers

The Illinois State Police says it is investigating letters mailed in the Streator area claiming to have information on the 2003 kidnapping and murder of Dalton Mesarchik.

Authorities say copies of the letters have been mailed to individual, businesses and governmental entities.

Investigators are asking recipients of a letter concerning the murder to minimize handling and relay it to local law enforcement.

A little more at link:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/07/state-police-probe-letters-about-childs-2003-death.html

Daltons older sister was just on the WILKOS show just now. And she took a lie detector test to prove her innocence. Apparently bullies have been harassing her and accusing her of killing her baby brother. She passed the test. I hope people will leave her alone now and they find the real killer.

Daltons older sister was just on the WILKOS show just now. And she took a lie detector test to prove her innocence. Apparently bullies have been harassing her and accusing her of killing her baby brother. She passed the test. I hope people will leave her alone now and they find the real killer.

Was there any information given as to why she's being suspected? Just curious if there was any odd behaviour or if locals are just accusing her to be able to accuse someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mesarchik murder investigation 13 years old

http://www.mywebtimes.com/news/local/mesarchik-murder-investigation-years-old/article_c478a88b-b1a1-5ed9-a6f2-034c8d610c80.html

&#8220;It&#8217;s frustrating that 13 years later there&#8217;s no justice,&#8221; Dalton&#8217;s mother, Michelle Mesarchik, told The Times Friday. &#8220;It&#8217;s frustrating for my family, for the other kids. It&#8217;s hard to teach your kids to have faith in the justice system when the justice system has failed you.&#8221;

Although she said she typically meets with investigators near the anniversary of her son&#8217;s death, Mesarchik said she has not spoken with investigators recently.

&#8220;The original investigator is retired, which stinks because he knew everything about the case,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It bothers me he&#8217;s not there anymore. For all the things people say about police not having a heart, he was just always there for me and my family. He&#8217;s always been so compassionate and understanding. It&#8217;s good that he can retire, but I really wanted him to be the one to solve it.&#8221;

Unsolved Mesarchik Murder Reaches 14 Years

http://www.lcbcradio.com/wlpo/unsolved-mesarchik-murder-reaches-years/article_01c87354-1340-11e7-bfd4-6331c9414a8c.html

Believe it or not, it’s now been fourteen years since 7-year old Dalton Mesarchik of Streator was found dead. A State Police Task Force is still in place and investigating the Mesarchik murder. A $50,000 reward is being offered if you provide information that leads to an arrest and conviction.

R.I.P Dalton Alexander Mesarchik Facebook Page

"Illinois State Police are turning to social media in an effort to find more leads in the 2003 death of 7-year old Dalton Mesarchik of Streator. ISP posted Monday on Facebook information about the cold case. Dalton was snatched from his front yard and was found 24 hours later in the Vermillion River. He was waiting on his porch for a bus to take him to church.

During the initial investigation, led by ISP, the Streator Police Department, and Livingston County Sheriff’s Department, officers found a hammer which was used to kill the boy. ISP said the agencies have interviewed dozens of people and followed up on hundreds of leads in an attempt to identify the person responsible for Dalton’s murder.

A $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderer remains in effect."

ISP looking for answers 16 years after Streator boy's murder

July 15, 2019
Police ask for help in cold case killing of 7 year old Streator boy
DALTON1-210x300.jpg

Dalton Mesarchik, 7 years old, killed in 2003

According to their Facebook page, 7 year old Dalton Mesarchik was reported missing in 2003. He was last seen in his front yard. One day later his body was found in the Vermillion River.

DALTON3.jpg

Missing Streator boy’s body found in Vermillion River, 2003
Police from various agencies interviewed dozens of people. They also say they found a hammer believed to be the murder weapon.

DALTON2.jpg

Hammer believed to be murder weapon
But, to this day, his case remains unsolved.

Anyone with information is urged to call Illinois State Police at 1-815-844-1500 (ext.2321) or email at daltonm@isp.state.il.us

Sexual assault indicated ?

March 26 2004 rbbm.
Unsolved killing of boy haunts his mother
"Soon after her 7-year-old son disappeared from outside her bungalow as she cooked dinner, Michelle Mesarchik sneaked through darkened streets, pressed against the wall of a house where she was told a sex offender lived, held her breath--and desperately strained to hear her son's voice.

She did not find Dalton there, or anywhere. The next morning, a fisherman spotted his bludgeoned body in the Vermilion River a few miles from his home here.

Friday marks the one-year anniversary of Dalton's abduction. He had been waiting for a church van, which never showed up, to take him to an evening program. Relatives believe Dalton mistakenly got into the wrong vehicle."

Since that night that changed her life, Mesarchik, 35, has done her own investigating, following up on rumors passed along to her and checking sex offenders who must register with police. The town had 31 known sex offenders, but police have never said whether Dalton was sexually assaulted."

This is taken from the YouTube channel LordanArts comment section of the video he made about this case. I think we should start looking for the killer amongst boat owners.
On a personal note, I also think this was someone Dalton was familiar with, and I have a feeling it was someone from the church. How would the killer know Dalton was waiting for a church van that never arrived? Why didn't church officials call those on the route of the absent van driver to tell them he/she would not show up? And while I'm thinking about this, I can't help to think about those few churchgoers who are actually rotten apples. Let's not forget that the BTK killer was president of his church's council, till he was caught.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-135906_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200129-135906_YouTube.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 20
John Lordan has done a nice piece on Dalton's case:

The following is a comment that was left on the YouTube page for this episode of BrainScratch. I thought it was something to think about (note that I did not include the name of the individual who left the comment):

"This maybe complete unrelated as I live UK and this was in U.S, but as soon as you said 3lb sledge hammer and body next to river, it reminded of something here in the UK. To tie your boat to the side of the river/canal, (especially on the canal systems here) every boat/barge has a 3lb sledge hammer on board to knock in large mooring hooks to tie the ropes from the boat. In fact we have found them magnet fishing where they are dropped by accident into the canals and rivers. (might be worth seeing if anyone was living on boats in the area where his body was found)."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back