GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo!
Just so.

Gitana, have you seen Dan May's post-sentencing presser?

I've included Pommy's post linking to that video in case you and others here haven't had a chance to watch it yet...it's definitely "Must-See-TV."

DA May is a man much to be admired.

He didn't make the deal because he wanted to do it.

He made the deal because he had to do it.

Doing the right thing doesn't always feel right.

He did the right thing, even though he clearly did (and still does) feel horribly himself about having to do so.

That's integrity.

JMO.

Thanks for that. I've seen nothing until a bit ago. I was in court myself yesterday.

Anyone with HALF a conscience would be on the side of the road vomiting, shaking and sobbing after cleaning hat crime scene for someone threatening them. Not calmly ordering a bunch of nasty fast food.

Let's be real - she was obsessed with PF, he kept her hanging because he knew it and thought she would be of use to him in some way one day, she married someone else because she realized he wasn't going to marry her, but she always carried a torch, was super jealous of Kelsey and wanted her dead.

At this point I do believe there is a chance was something in that drink. They just never had the proof.

I don't think she's as vicious and sociopathic as PF but she fully conspired to make a baby motherless out of jealousy and desire.

Rest assured the nursing license is a past issue. Any nurse with respect for the profession wants an UNencumbered license. Meaning the license is clean, the nurse is without any serious legal charges. She is in encumbered status indicating her board of nursing is aware of the charges against her. Revocation of her license will occur at the next state board of nursing review. These reviews happen at the State House, usually twice yearly. It will be quick without discussion. The board of nursing will not play with her. These meetings are open to the public. After the formal board decision and announcement KK will get notification of revocation for life. With her charges she will not have a reinstatement option. Never again to work as a licensed nurse. However, there are many health care positions that do not require a nursing license.

Thank you for this info. I wasn't sure how the license-review process worked.

Jumping off Scoutce post as encumbered license, that would indicate her board has been informed and is watching. Further information on the Idaho board of nursing...the next meeting is at Spring Hill by Marriott 424 E Park Center Blvd, Boise, Id on January 30 - 31. Likely too soon for this decision. The following board meeting is April 23 - 24. On the Idaho board of nursing page is a link to discipline. I do not see KK name there but it will be. Nursys is known for delays in posting. When the discipline comes you will be able to actually read the official document and decision with the board's justification for revoking her license.

RBBM

This document will be an interesting read, I am sure!

JMVHO.

bookReadingEmoji.jpeg

Image courtesy of clipart.email

We have all had a hard time with what feels like a slap on KK’s wrist. But I try to trust Dan May’s words:

"We wouldn't even know where the murder happened in the apartment, even which room or where it happened at all, without her testimony," District Attorney Dan May said earlier this year.

Patrick Frazee guilty on all counts, sentenced to life in prison

JMO
I honestly think LE was snookered a little bit and did not realize the extent of her involvement when they first made the plea deal.

Back when she was first hauled before the judge to agree to the plea deal, I tried to research how LE makes deals with "suspects" that come to them claiming they have critical information and just want a deal to avoid prosecution. I was not very successful in finding out exactly how its done but when I thought about what likely happened, it makes a little more sense to me that LE was probably snookered somewhat by the extent of her involvement.

Here is how I think it went down and it becomes a little easier to digest (before throwing up anyway afterwards...LOL).

The "suspect" KK and her Defense attorney would approach LE and say something like this:

KK Attorney:
"We have some critical information about this case that will help you understand what happened to KB and all we want is a deal for some sort of immunity for our client. We cannot and will not provide any information until that deal is signed."

LE: In order for us to make a deal like that with you , we have to ask some important questions upfront that you must answer honestly and if we find out the answers to these next questions are false, then the deal we are making will be null and void.

LE #1 - Did you participate in the actual killing of KB?
KK Att: NO

LE #2-Were you present during KB's actual murder?

I think they had asked her those questions before the deal was made or maybe her attorney told them that information up front without even being asked and told them they can guarantee KK was not present during the murder. And because of her honesty there, LE probably felt a little safe to give her the deal. They may have even suspected she helped him cover up the crime because of the Idaho connection and LE was probably willing to handle that bad publicity about the deal, but where I think they were totally "snookered" was they had no idea until after the deal was made and done, that KK herself had tried to actively participate and attempt to kill KB herself about 3 other times before that. That is the part I think LE was snookered on. But by then the deal was done and the cat was out of the bag as to what had really happened. It was too late for LE to go back on the deal with her.

Anyway, if it went down like that, then its a little easier to understand this deal with the devil.

Last edited:
Jumping off Scoutce post as encumbered license, that would indicate her board has been informed and is watching. Further information on the Idaho board of nursing...the next meeting is at Spring Hill by Marriott 424 E Park Center Blvd, Boise, Id on January 30 - 31. Likely too soon for this decision. The following board meeting is April 23 - 24. On the Idaho board of nursing page is a link to discipline. I do not see KK name there but it will be. Nursys is known for delays in posting. When the discipline comes you will be able to actually read the official document and decision with the board's justification for revoking her license.
Please, keep us posted on the progress....................

Please, keep us posted on the progress....................
There is a trigger in Nursys for the status of KK license. Where it lists unencumbered it also states SEE HISTORY. While I can not view what is in the history this is a red flag. So the Idaho board of nursing has been diligent in this case thus far. Stay tuned. More to come. IMO

JMO
I honestly think LE was snookered a little bit and did not realize the extent of her involvement when they first made the plea deal.

Back when she was first hauled before the judge to agree to the plea deal, I tried to research how LE makes deals with "suspects" that come to them claiming they have critical information and just want a deal to avoid prosecution. I was not very successful in finding out exactly how its done but when I thought about what likely happened, it makes a little more sense to me that LE was probably snookered somewhat by the extent of her involvement.

Here is how I think it went down and it becomes a little easier to digest (before throwing up anyway afterwards...LOL).

The "suspect" KK and her Defense attorney would approach LE and say something like this:

KK Attorney:
"We have some critical information about this case that will help you understand what happened to KB and all we want is a deal for some sort of immunity for our client. We cannot and will not provide any information until that deal is signed."

LE: In order for us to make a deal like that with you , we have to ask some important questions upfront that you must answer honestly and if we find out the answers to these next questions are false, then the deal we are making will be null and void.

LE #1 - Did you participate in the actual killing of KB?

LE #2-Were you present during KB's actual murder?

I think they had asked her those questions before the deal was made or maybe her attorney told them that information up front without even being asked and told them they can guarantee KK was not present during the murder. And because of her honesty there, LE probably felt a little safe to give her the deal. They may have even suspected she helped him cover up the crime because of the Idaho connection and LE was probably willing to handle that bad publicity about the deal, but where I think they were totally "snookered" was they had no idea until after the deal was made and done, that KK herself had tried to actively participate and attempt to kill KB herself about 3 other times before that. That is the part I think LE was snookered on. But by then the deal was done and the cat was out of the bag as to what had really happened. It was too late for LE to go back on the deal with her.

Anyway, if it went down like that, then its a little easier to understand this deal with the devil.

I want to read the released plea agreement again. I recall it discussed the solicitation of KK and something about attempted murder that she didn’t complete, but you are right, I don’t think it mentioned the 3x she actually tried. I wish the actual letters had also been released. Going to have find the plea agreement. I know @PommyMommy posted the link. Probably in media thread. <going to look>.

I want to read the released plea agreement again. I recall it discussed the solicitation of KK and something about attempted murder that she didn’t complete, but you are right, I don’t think it mentioned the 3x she actually tried. I wish the actual letters had also been released. Going to have find the plea agreement. I know @PommyMommy posted the link. Probably in media thread. <going to look>.
Here you go:

Plea Agreement (filed Feb. 8, 2019)

The process LE has to go through in order to make a deal with a "suspect" is tricky and I could not find much information about how they do it.

Its tricky because the suspect usually will not want to tell LE much of anything until they know for sure they are getting a signed deal, and LE of course doesnt want to sign a deal until they know what exact information they are going to be given to see if its worth it to them.

So its very tricky and I could not find much about how LE handles the procedures of the deal.

Thanks Pommy. This does help.

From that aggreement, I am betting the Defense Lawyer plays a critical role in the early negotiations for a plea agreement before many details are given to LE.

Right after page 9 in the DA's letter to the Defense Attorney, there is this small statement in the 4th paragraph....

"As you are aware from our discussions...."

I am guessing from that statement, the Defense Lawyer plays an important role implying the type of information the suspect will give them without getting the suspect into legal jeopardy. The lawyers have a real knack for things like that and I bet that is how LE knows what they will actually get in the way of information without the suspect actually admitting to anything until the formal plea deal is all written up and ready to be signed.

Its an interesting process and I think if we all learned more about the hoops LE has to go through to obtain these sorts of plea agreements, then we would better appreciate their efforts in getting justice.

There is a trigger in Nursys for the status of KK license. Where it lists unencumbered it also states SEE HISTORY. While I can not view what is in the history this is a red flag. So the Idaho board of nursing has been diligent in this case thus far. Stay tuned. More to come. IMO

What does it mean when it says:
"UNENCUMBERED means that the nurse has a full and unrestricted license to practice by the state board of nursing." ?
https://www.nursys.com/LQC/LQCViewReport.aspx

What does it mean when it says:
"UNENCUMBERED means that the nurse has a full and unrestricted license to practice by the state board of nursing." ?
The posted definition of unencumbered you posted is correct. It means the nurse can perform any nursing task allowed by the state nurse practice act. States vary in what nurses are allowed to do. Each state board of nursing sets their nurse practice act. Example: if a nurse is reported to the state board of nursing for theft of narcotics and is found guilty of the offense, that nurse could possibly continue to work if the state board of nursing determines the nurse is not a threat to public/patient safety. However, the nurse would not have full nursing privileges as the license would be restricted... in this example the nurse would not be allowed to handle narcotics. Nursing licenses with restrictions are tainted and frowned upon but some nurses do work with restricted license. Yes, there are employers that do give them jobs. The state board of nursing puts very high hurdles for getting the reinstatement of an unencumbered license. In the example given the nurse would have to complete a rehab, submit to frequent random drug test, make several appearances in front of the state board of nursing, meet any requirement they set. All at the nurse's expense. It is so tough few nurses complete the demands. It takes several years to complete their demands and reinstate an unencumbered license. With KK charges, prison sentence, character out of focus with nursing values, immoral actions etc her state board of nursing is not going to continue her license nor will they reinstate her. MHO she will be given a permanent revocation. That meaning she will never be able to apply for a nursing license again. She could decide to voluntarily surrender her license and no further action or investigation will be completed by her board of nursing. It all stops. It would be done, she tossed the towel. Nothing would be in the documents except she voluntarily surrendered her license. Some nurses do this to protect themself from having all their charges available for all of us to read. Again, she would never carry a nursing license. Interesting that her state board of nursing is within a compact state. They allow an Idaho nursing license to be honored in many different states. Not all states do this. Example: having an Idaho nursing license unencumbered she could also work in Georgia without applying for a Georgia nursing license. But she could not work in Ohio as Ohio is not a compact state. Loss of licensure in any state follows the nurse and they will not get a license in any other state. It has been mentioned in prior posts that she was employed in various states. She was working in compact states. JMO

I wondered about the "See History" note. Is this note always a red flag?

I'm just curious.

TIA.

I meant to say unencumbered on my post but somehow I said in encumbered. I apologize. I just don’t want her to be a nurse!!

Rest assured the nursing license is a past issue. Any nurse with respect for the profession wants an UNencumbered license. Meaning the license is clean, the nurse is without any serious legal charges. She is in encumbered status indicating her board of nursing is aware of the charges against her. Revocation of her license will occur at the next state board of nursing review. These reviews happen at the State House, usually twice yearly. It will be quick without discussion. The board of nursing will not play with her. These meetings are open to the public. After the formal board decision and announcement KK will get notification of revocation for life. With her charges she will not have a reinstatement option. Never again to work as a licensed nurse. However, there are many health care positions that do not require a nursing license.

I agree with this except for the fact that her license has not yet been either encumbered or revoked.

Hmmmmm...................where would one find a link to that license information? My link doesn't seem to verify that.

That is the correct current information.

I agree - it will be on there and the records will be public.

Yes, the "see history" is new since the last time I looked in Nursys around the time of PF's trial. To test this theory, I went to look up a nurse who I know has disciplinary action against them. Sure enough, their status says "Expired (see history) and you are actually able to click a little arrow underneath and see some of the disciplinary history. The full PDF of the proceedings are available on our state's BON website, but only a summary is available on Nursys. The action for the nurse I know took place in 1988, so plenty of time has passed for the info to make it to Nursys.

The posted definition of unencumbered you posted is correct. It means the nurse can perform any nursing task allowed by the state nurse practice act. States vary in what nurses are allowed to do. Each state board of nursing sets their nurse practice act. Example: if a nurse is reported to the state board of nursing for theft of narcotics and is found guilty of the offense, that nurse could possibly continue to work if the state board of nursing determines the nurse is not a threat to public/patient safety. However, the nurse would not have full nursing privileges as the license would be restricted... in this example the nurse would not be allowed to handle narcotics. Nursing licenses with restrictions are tainted and frowned upon but some nurses do work with restricted license. Yes, there are employers that do give them jobs. The state board of nursing puts very high hurdles for getting the reinstatement of an unencumbered license. In the example given the nurse would have to complete a rehab, submit to frequent random drug test, make several appearances in front of the state board of nursing, meet any requirement they set. All at the nurse's expense. It is so tough few nurses complete the demands. It takes several years to complete their demands and reinstate an unencumbered license. With KK charges, prison sentence, character out of focus with nursing values, immoral actions etc her state board of nursing is not going to continue her license nor will they reinstate her. MHO she will be given a permanent revocation. That meaning she will never be able to apply for a nursing license again. She could decide to voluntarily surrender her license and no further action or investigation will be completed by her board of nursing. It all stops. It would be done, she tossed the towel. Nothing would be in the documents except she voluntarily surrendered her license. Some nurses do this to protect themself from having all their charges available for all of us to read. Again, she would never carry a nursing license. Interesting that her state board of nursing is within a compact state. They allow an Idaho nursing license to be honored in many different states. Not all states do this. Example: having an Idaho nursing license unencumbered she could also work in Georgia without applying for a Georgia nursing license. But she could not work in Ohio as Ohio is not a compact state. Loss of licensure in any state follows the nurse and they will not get a license in any other state. It has been mentioned in prior posts that she was employed in various states. She was working in compact states. JMO

Oh, I think I understand now. Are you saying that KK is only licensed to practice in the compact states, highlighted in green on this map?
Edit to add closer version of map.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-29 Nursys®(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-01-29 Nursys®(1).png
    436.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2020-01-29 Nursys®(2).png
    Screenshot_2020-01-29 Nursys®(2).png
    232.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Oh, I think I understand now. Are you saying that KK is only licensed to practice in the compact states, highlighted in green on this map?
Correct. Those states in green offer reciprocity. Have a nursing license in any green state, you can work in any other green state by going on your original license. You would not have to apply to each individual nursing board for a license. If she wants to work in a state not green on the map, she would have to apply to that state board of nursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288