DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

Truthfinder....did you post on the unidentified female from Tennessee thread? Just a suggestion to generate some discussion....
Hello, just checked and Tina is already mentioned in that discussion, they actually made a list of 25 possible girls and Tina is the first mentionedon the list:
Could she have originally ran away and met foul play in one of those neighboring states like Tennessee...

Would be interesting if someone had the list and location of horse races and if there was any she went to previously, in Tennesee

Hello, just checked and Tina is already mentioned in that discussion, they actually made a list of 25 possible girls and Tina is the first mentionedon the list:

Would be interesting if someone had the list and location of horse races and if there was any she went to previously, in Tennesee

We would need to know if it was thoroughbred racing or harness racing (standard bred). I believe they have two different racing seasons and travel different circuits. However, Rockingham Park in NH hosted both types of racing before it burned down in 1980. From what I understand, the track used to be a mecca for horses of both racing genres for New England, Canada, and beyond.

I found this concerning horseracing tracks in Delaware and those existing when Tina disappeared

Delaware

I still believe that she did not mean to stay out long if she had no coat on, what would a teenager in love do before being blocked home knowing a storm was coming? Surprise visit to boyfriend but never arrived? Quickly buying sth for her family ? But we don’t know if she had money with her. I am really surprised by the lack of information surrounding this little girl but I cannot access US press.

I saw Tina's name on the list, BUT I did not see anyone discuss Tina as a possibility.

I wouldn't let the jewelry found near the remains discourage submission. While Tina wore a leather bracelet with Eric's name (?), she certainly could have had this piece of jewelry too. I remember choker style necklaces like this being popular in the 70s, so I can see how there could be confusion about it being a bracelet or necklace, especially if part was torn away.

I think you may have something here. It cannot hurt to submit.

I saw Tina's name on the list, BUT I did not see anyone discuss Tina as a possibility.

I wouldn't let the jewelry found near the remains discourage submission. While Tina wore a leather bracelet with Eric's name (?), she certainly could have had this piece of jewelry too. I remember choker style necklaces like this being popular in the 70s, so I can see how there could be confusion about it being a bracelet or necklace, especially if part was torn away.

I think you may have something here. It cannot hurt to submit.
Just did thank you!
See other group

I kind of wonder if "Eric" might be a red herring- Tina Faye Kemp is the right age to have been a fan of the Scottish boyband The Bay City Rollers, best known for their 1976 hit "Saturday Night". It was a thing for their fans to put the names of their favorite band members on various pieces of clothing and accessories. Could her leather bracelet actually be for Eric Faulkner and not the name of a boyfriend?

I kind of wonder if "Eric" might be a red herring- Tina Faye Kemp is the right age to have been a fan of the Scottish boyband The Bay City Rollers, best known for their 1976 hit "Saturday Night". It was a thing for their fans to put the names of their favorite band members on various pieces of clothing and accessories. Could her leather bracelet actually be for Eric Faulkner and not the name of a boyfriend?

That's interesting!

The write ups say she had a boyfriend she was close to. I know in some of these missing threads, the boyfriends have actually stopped by. I've read comments from a few that were quite sad and moving, where they were still thinking about a long missing girlfriend.

I don't remember ever reading about Eric, like an interview of him, or anything, but perhaps someone here does? You would think he was probably asked if he had heard from her, at keast?

We are coming up on the 41st anniversary of her disappearance. Just where the hell are you? And just as important, what the hell happened to you. I made a promise to myself that this year I will file my first official FOIA request with the DSP to see if I can get her file and eliminate some of the possible misconceptions about her. I have been so into this case in the last 8 years and I would hope that DSP would release her case file or at least update it somewhere.

upload_2020-2-11_13-36-17.png

Here is the NamUs Rule out list for Tina.
Has anyone ever turned in possible match to the girl mentioned above - Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1577 in Campbell County TN? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Years ago when I started checking for possible matches - I thought this girl could be Cherrie Mahan, but the more I got involved in matching the missing and unidentified, I realized that the time line was too close together to be Cherrie, since the remains were partial skeletal, Cherie went missing in Feb 85, the remains were found in April 95.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back