Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

I’ve been curious about it, Carl’s reconstructions have her wearing a leather jacket and a green or greenish blue shirt, I don’t know if that’s what she wore or if it’s a connection to the gang.

The reports make no mention of the type of clothing she might have worn. I did see mentioned that biker gangs were known to have frequented the area at the time, and that she might have associated with them. The tattoo, which wasn't as common on women in 1980 as it is now, was more typical of women who associated with bikers. So that was my decision to depict her in a leather jacket - something a woman who associated with bikers would wear.

I chose the halter top, so that I could show the tattoo. The lime-green color of the halter top is just a nod to her nickname Lime Lady.

Okay..do we think she's been ID or will this be an appeal for more information with family names and locations... any bets? :)

DDP update 27 Jan 2020

On Jan 30th at 10am CT the OK Country Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference to announce recent developments in the case of the Jane Doe known as "Lime Lady".

(ha ha Liv beat me to it - African internet is the pits! Took 7 mins to post...)

Okay..do we think she's been ID or will this be an appeal for more information with family names and locations... any bets? :)

DDP update 27 Jan 2020

On Jan 30th at 10am CT the OK Country Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference to announce recent developments in the case of the Jane Doe known as "Lime Lady".

(ha ha Liv beat me to it - African internet is the pits! Took 7 mins to post...)
;) I feel like if they were going to be asking about surnames, they would have just made a FB post. Seems like something good is going on.

;) I feel like if they were going to be asking about surnames, they would have just made a FB post. Seems like something good is going on.

I agree! I just saw the DDP update as well. But if she was identified, wouldn’t they have announced it like that in their facebook post? Regardless, I really hope the press conference is to announce her identity!

I agree! I just saw the DDP update as well. But if she was identified, wouldn’t they have announced it like that in their facebook post? Regardless, I really hope the press conference is to announce her identity!
Not necessarily. They did the same thing with Dana Lowrey. They just said there was a development.

Press conference announcing new developments in the Lime Lady case on Thursday!

On January 30th at 10am (CT), the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference to announce recent developments in the case of the Jane Doe known as “Lime Lady”

Adding link to DDP announcement - DNA Doe Project

DDP's newest post. Lime Lady is IDENTIFIED as Tamara Lee Tigard:

The DNA Doe Project (DDP), in conjunction with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office (OCSO), announces the identification of a female found in April 1980 as Tamara Lee Tigard. “This has been an extremely difficult case for our agency,” said Oklahoma County Sheriff P.D. Taylor, “one that has been extremely frustrating, but one we never gave up on.”

Tamara Lee Tigard, born in 1959 in California, was reported missing in March 1980. Her remains, covered with quicklime, were found by fishermen on the bank of the North Canadian River east of Jones, Oklahoma. Forensic investigation determined Tamara died from gunshot wounds.

Traditional investigative attempts over the past 40 years by the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office to identify her and locate her killer were unsuccessful. In September 2018 Capt. Bob Green of OCSO contacted DDP for help.

The process of obtaining usable DNA from the remains was challenging. The DNA was finally sequenced by Hudson Alpha Discovery and the results were uploaded to GEDmatch. Within a day and a half DDP’s team of volunteer genealogists identified a likely name for Lime Lady. The Oklahoma Medical Examiner’s Office was able to confirm the identification of Tamara Lee Tigard in December 2019 through a match of dental records obtained from the United States Army. The sheriff’s office is now focused on solving Tamara’s murder.

BREAKING: Officials identify Oklahoma’s ‘Lime Lady’ at heart of 40-year-old cold case
Tamara had gone for a walk in March of 1980 near her home in Las Vegas and simply vanished.

Four weeks later, she was found in Oklahoma, on what would've been her 21st birthday, with her arms placed above her head, as if she'd been dragged.

"People need to understand how awful this was," Green said.

Tamara has been buried in an unmarked grave at an Oklahoma City cemetery for the past four decades.

"Now by letting people know who she was, we can now restore the dignity to this young woman by giving her her name back," Green said.

And now with her identity solved, investigators can start the second phase of Tamara's case - finding the killer who has gotten away with murder for the past 40 years.

If you have any information that can help this case, please call the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office at 405-713-1017.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back