Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right. I think there's something strange with that. Not quite sure what is going on but I think the results have probably come in but LE don't want that as public knowledge yet. MOO of course and I am often wrong.

I actually have the same inkling, they simply don't want the "people" of interest to get spooked even more.

That is not true. You cant just not provide services to your child with a disability who requires therapy. That is neglect and/or abuse, and DDD and CPS WILL step in and make sure your child gets services or is removed from your custody.

Many kids that have a disability who are homeschooled are never seen by DDD or CPS. Most therapies cost big money, and insurance does not cover at all or minimally. The insurance companies deny - calling most therapies educationally based and a school's responsibility. Most don't qualify for Medicaid, and SSI is a lot harder to get than some think.

How horrible. I guess that explains why Idaho is #28 and AZ is #1 when it comes to serving people with disabilities. I guess I am just used to a certain standard of care. Well, I guess that's just one more reason she was so anxious to leave AZ. Moo.

There is also the issue of providing services to people with disabilities in a rural area. Idaho actually does a very good job providing services to children and adults with disabilities, but there isn't the range of services available in cities with a larger population, and higher population density.

Okay, back to Tylee and JJ.

A thought occured to me too just now, what about cameras that might have caught them doing stuff, buying stuff, the kids coming and going, like RING or general surveillance- is it possible at all the kids were sent to Hawaii beforehand and were here somewhere? Theres cruiships that come and a private airport in Princeville with little security - theres one sole owner of "Princeville"

I think one of the members here who knew him personally, described Chad as a wannabe leader. If Tammy didn't die of natural causes, I bet he was actively involved.
Yes, this! He may have been manipulated and pushed into being involved with Tammy's death but I'm betting that he was involved and she is holding that over his head. Why wouldn't she?

This worries me too.

Just started following this case - it's mind boggling! I also have a worry/feeling that Lori and Chad could choose to end it all and then the poor grandparents may never know where JJ and Tylee are or what happened to them. Given Lori has previously told a friend something like "the end is coming anyway, maybe we should just drive off a cliff". The thing that frustrates me is that while Lori and Chad believe the end is coming, they are still living a sweet life, smiling, happy while it's their spouses and her children that are dead or missing.

And then there's that blue kayak they found floating......hmmmmm:eek:

A thought occured to me too just now, what about cameras that might have caught them doing stuff, buying stuff, the kids coming and going, like RING or general surveillance- is it possible at all the kids were sent to Hawaii beforehand and were here somewhere? Theres cruiships that come and a private airport in Princeville with little security - theres one sole owner of "Princeville"

As far as I know, even kids are on flight manifests, and I would *hope* those have been scrubbed going back to September. They would still as minors have to be checked in by an adult with ID.

(ETA - even private flights have a manifest)

Does anyone know if boats also keep manifests as flights do?

LE has stated they are certain the kids were never in HI since the time they were last seen so for now I'm going to assume they're right.

Many kids that have a disability who are homeschooled are never seen by DDD or CPS. Most therapies cost big money, and insurance does not cover at all or minimally. The insurance companies deny - calling most therapies educationally based and a school's responsibility. Most don't qualify for Medicaid, and SSI is a lot harder to get than some think.
I stand by my statement: Not providing required therapy to a child with special needs is child abuse. Send them to school to get it, move to a state that provides it, or pay for it yourself. I don't care about their excuses.

15 year old Joseph Smith! Isnt that who L says she is? I apologize if I'm wrong - thought this was interesting...
Remembering the history of the LDS Church on the Hawaiian Islands
"However, Hawaiian Mormonism didn’t die. President Cannon returned to North America in 1854, but more young missionaries arrived in the islands that September. Fifteen-year-old Joseph F. Smith, a future president of the church, was assigned to Kula, where, within just three months, he had mastered the local language and been chosen to preside over more than 2,000 members on the islands of Maui, Molokai and Lanai."

An IEP is a learning plan for the public school. It wouldn't be applicable for homeschooling. In fact, it isn't even related. I get where you are trying to go, but there isn't anything illegal about homeschooling your kid with no supervision in Idaho and other states.

That’s not accurate. Homeschoolers can receive services under an IEP, if they choose to. I’ve personally known several that did, from help with relatively “minor” disabilities, to significant ones. (By minor, I mean something like speech therapy, as opposed to very life-limiting physical health issues.)

I chose not to, with either my ADHD child or my very-high functioning Asperger’s child. Just accommodating instructional method and scheduling was sufficient to allow them to thrive educationally. (And at home... good grief, being able to allow a kindergartner to FINISH things made a huge difference in his frustration level. We quite literally never had another meltdown... public school was NOT the place for him. College is so much closer to homeschooling, with intermittent classes and primarily self-directed work, that he had zero issues transitioning.

How horrible. I guess that explains why Idaho is #28 and AZ is #1 when it comes to serving people with disabilities. I guess I am just used to a certain standard of care. Well, I guess that's just one more reason she was so anxious to leave AZ. Moo.

Neither of my two would even consider themselves disabled. They’re far more educated and prepared for life than most of their peers.

I admit, I’m very curious as to just where along the spectrum JJ is. The public reaction seems to be that he’s very high needs, but I haven’t seen anything documenting that. Was one of the videos of him long enough to give that impression?

I stand by my statement: Not providing required therapy to a child with special needs is child abuse. Send them to school to get it, move to a state that provides it, or pay for it yourself. I don't care about their excuses.

Public school, by it’s very nature of institutionalism and one-size-“fits”-all, was severely detrimental to two of my children. Even their teacher recommended homeschooling. They would have been considered special needs, and likely held back and under-educated if they had remained in the system. Instead, they thrived.

A basic assumption that public school is always more effective is incredibly harmful.

Agreed. I wish the laws reflected that. That's why we need to fight for better regulation laws, *especially* for disabled and special needs children. LE could have investigated Lori via JJ's homeschooling if the law had reflected that. Some lives could have been spared, Lori could be in jail right now. But the laws don't reflect that. More people need to know about this.

@tealrose No one is saying anything about public school being superior, only that parents of disabled children should use the services provided in their homeschool, that's a very reasonable thing to say. My own sister was taken out of school to be homeschooled in the early 90s because public school would not be accommodating to her newfound condition at the time.

I agree with you 1001%. Tell that to the good people of Idaho who place what they like to call religious freedom over the best interests of children. Yes, this is a frustrating subject to me.
Me, too; not only in this case but on a personal level as well. I am glad we agree :)

Agreed. I wish the laws reflected that. That's why we need to fight for better regulation laws, *especially* for disabled and special needs children. LE could have investigated Lori via JJ's homeschooling if the law had reflected that. Some lives could have been spared, Lori could be in jail right now. But the laws don't reflect that. More people need to know about this.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member