Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the investigator refused to express optimism that Gannon will be brought home alive.

A reporter called him on it, and he again answered a question by not answering the question.
That’s unusual.

They generally stick firmly to the “we have no reason to believe we can’t bring him home alive” line, or similar - even when it’s pretty clear that won’t happen.

They deflected the question about whether some ppl have not been cooperative. )-:

^^^^THIS^^^^

This is what jumped out at me most from LE's portion of the press conference.

There was an absolute, complete and total dodge of the question r/t stepmom.

Reporter: "We've been hearing that the stepmother may not have been fully cooperative with law enforcement, can you talk about that?"

LE: "Um, appreciate that question, Sir, uh, at this point in time we uh, are conducting, uh, multiple interviews, uh, and what, what I can tell you is that, uh, uh, that each lead that we, uh, that we have is exhausted…is exhausted, excuse me."

Usually, there's a bland, "All of his parents are cooperating with the investigation and assisting us with our inquiries."

We heard none of that here.

I gasped and said, "Oh, No!" out loud when I heard his response to that question.

It's a hugely ominous sign.

JMO.

Last edited:
^^^^THIS^^^^

There was an absolute, complete and total dodge of the question r/t stepmom's cooperation.

Reporter: "We've been hearing that the stepmother may have been fully cooperative with law enforcement, can you talk about that?"

LE: "Um, appreciate that question, Sir, uh, at this point in time we uh, are conducting, uh, multiple interviews, uh, and what, what I can tell you is that, uh, uh, that each lead that we, uh, that we have is exhausted…is exhausted, excuse me."

Usually, there's a bland, "All of his parents are cooperating with the investigation and assisting us with our inquiries."

I said, "Oh, No!" out loud when I heard his response to that question.

JMO.

Yes it is...I do not like the optics of this one little bit. MOO

During the set up to the presser, Mom and dad are standing next to each other and he even put his arm around her for a minute for encouragement it seems. That makes my heart happy to see. You know a child is very loved when the parents can come together in the worst of times for the child.

Jackie Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office also warned of the rapid spread of false rumors on social media.

“The misinformation that has been spread on social media has been an absolute hindrance to this case. Every rumor, every thought, everything that someone thinks they saw takes away our ability to vet credible tips,” Kirby said.

The sheriff's office said any additional information would be posted to the agency's social media pages.

Stauch's father and his biological mother were at the press conference and made an emotional plea for him to return home.

“I encourage you guys to seek and find him, I’m so thankful for the outpour and help this case has brought," said Landen Hiott, Gannon's mother. "My son is a loving kid and wouldn’t want any harm on anybody. It’s so hard to think why is this happening to him? My kid has a purpose, my kid has a life, it’s important to me and it’s important to everyone standing in this room...

Stauch's stepmother wasn't in attendance at the press conference.
Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
She really should have been.
Imo.

During the set up to the presser, Mom and dad are standing next to each other and he even put his arm around her for a minute for encouragement it seems. That makes my heart happy to see. You know a child is very loved when the parents can come together in the worst of times for the child.

Yes. It was clear that both of his parents love their son dearly.

There was definitely some level of mutual support, and a coming together in their shared concern for the welfare of their child.

Having said that, I noticed that at the very end of the presser, as they were leaving the podium, GS's dad went to hug his mom, and she visibly stiffened when he put his arms around her, then pulled away.

I think all of us can understand why she might have that reaction.

JMO.

Last edited:
^^^^THIS^^^^

There was an absolute, complete and total dodge of the question r/t stepmom.

Reporter: "We've been hearing that the stepmother may have been fully cooperative with law enforcement, can you talk about that?"

I gasped and said, "Oh, No!" out loud when I heard his response to that question.

JMO.

AMEN !!!

Mahalko said investigators were looking at “persons of interest” in the case as people who might be able to give them additional information on Stauch’s whereabouts.

He declined to say where authorities had been searching but confirmed that investigators had been in contact with some trash companies in El Paso County and in the Lorson Ranch area.
FBI involved in ongoing search for Colorado Springs boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member