Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many victims here.
Heidi's mum seems overwrought with grief from those short clips.

I agree. :( I felt she was trying so hard to be strong, but her love and grief took over. Heidi was so beautiful, too. So, so, so sad all around.

I hope Heidi’s family gets the answers they seek. Magen owes them that and more. Then she can rot in jail, or Hell. MOO.

Tammy Broussard said she had doubts about Fieramusca's alleged pregnancy, saying in her interview with "Dateline" that it didn't look like she had a "pregnant belly." She added that Fieramusca's main concern after Heidi Broussard disappeared was the involvement of police.

Heidi Broussard's mother speaks out on daughter's slaying

I wonder if she said or thought that before Heidi was killed or if it's a case of hindsight? I wonder how she reacted when Heidi told her mom that Magen had her baby? IIRC Tammy would have been there visiting still when Magen had her 'fake baby', Shane couldn't remember the exact date but he was told by Heidi that she had her baby.

Actually -- I believe the total count after the murder charge would be 3. (There were already 2 AW -- kidnapping and corpse).
Although it doesn't seem to have been explicitly stated anywhere, I got the impression that there are only the two charges now against MF - capital murder and kidnapping of Margo. No mention (that i have seen) of having been indicted by the/a grand jury for kidnapping Heidi nor of tampering with a body/hiding evidence (body). I know that here (in Canada) those things would become included in with the murder charge once the murder charge was laid (something about can't have two charges for same thing, since the acts of kidnapping and covering up were a part of the 'whole' act of 'murder' in a given case). It seems that it might be the same there, as they have brought the 'capital' murder charge against her, which would presumably encompass the pieces of kidnapping and hiding body. Please correct me if I've got it all wrong, I don't mean to imply that I know or understand your legal system there in Texas. Just thinking that if those 2 other charges still stood against MF, she would also have been indicted for those at same time by gj?

Can anyone help me to understand why MF and her legal team would not have been present at MF's grand jury indictment? Just trying to understand the differences.. over here the accuseds are entitled to be present at all court hearings involving themselves. I got the impression from articles I've read that her legal team didn't even know it was happening. Can this be true?

Can anyone help me to understand why MF and her legal team would not have been present at MF's grand jury indictment? Just trying to understand the differences.. over here the accuseds are entitled to be present at all court hearings involving themselves. I got the impression from articles I've read that her legal team didn't even know it was happening. Can this be true?

Yes, it's true.

There's a good summary of the Grand Jury process in the U.S. at Wikipedia: Grand juries in the United States - Wikipedia

Snip:
Grand jury proceedings are secret and take place behind closed doors. Prosecutors present evidence by reciting facts or providing witness testimony or exhibits. The prosecutor may chose to recommend a True Bill, a No Bill, or make no recommendation at all. The deliberations of a grand jury are secret (just like regular jury deliberations). Witnesses and prosecutors leave the grand jury room during deliberations. Breaking this secrecy is a crime punishable by a $500 fine and 30 days in jail.

The grand jury process is not an adversarial process. The defendant is not present, and the defense attorney does not have a right to be in the room. However, there are cases where an experienced defense attorney is able to make a presentation to the grand jury.

Last edited:
Yes, it's true.

There's a good summary of the Grand Jury process in the U.S. at Wikipedia: Grand juries in the United States - Wikipedia

Snip:
Grand jury proceedings are secret and take place behind closed doors. Prosecutors present evidence by reciting facts or providing witness testimony or exhibits. The prosecutor may chose to recommend a True Bill, a No Bill, or make no recommendation at all. The deliberations of a grand jury are secret (just like regular jury deliberations). Witnesses and prosecutors leave the grand jury room during deliberations. Breaking this secrecy is a crime punishable by a $500 fine and 30 days in jail.

The grand jury process is not an adversarial process. The defendant is not present, and the defense attorney does not have a right to be in the room. However, there are cases where an experienced defense attorney is able to make a presentation to the grand jury.
Thanks, that was my next question - was/is it open to the public, and is the media not allowed.

I wonder if she said or thought that before Heidi was killed or if it's a case of hindsight? I wonder how she reacted when Heidi told her mom that Magen had her baby? IIRC Tammy would have been there visiting still when Magen had her 'fake baby', Shane couldn't remember the exact date but he was told by Heidi that she had her baby.

I feel so much for Heidi's mom. And, based on what we know about how the investigation unfolded, I think it's mostly a case of hindsight.

If Mrs. Broussard had mentioned to investigators that she believed MF could have been faking her parallel pregnancy and/or that she always felt MF was "off" and "envious of Heidi's life", I think (and hope) that LE would have been very suspicious and all over MF much sooner.

Instead, it was the account of the eyewitness in the parking lot who came forward 6 days after Heidi and Margo went missing that directed LE's attention to MF.

Seems like we'll get some more detail about how that went down in the Dateline episode tomorrow night. Authorities eventually became suspicious of Fieramusca after a woman who lives in the same apartment complex as Broussard reported seeing two women, including one with a baby, interacting on the day the mother and daughter disappeared. Friends of Heidi Broussard reveal they 'searched every day' before learning she was murdered | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
@PommyMommy - since some of us are asking - me included - can you look in the court site & see what actual charges she has against her?

What I have is:
Capital murder, 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping & 1 count of 2nd degree tampering with a human corpse.

TIA! :)

My heart completely broke at the end of the clip, when Tammy got emotional and Andrea Canning said that “Tammy’s granddaughter is thriving; her 6 year old grandson misses his mother very much.” That poor little boy. :(

Broke my heart :(

I'm sorry about your friend @brooks .

I agree that saving the state the expense of a trial if they can keep her in prison for all her days would be a good reason for the plea. The state is paying for both sides in this case, since she's indigent, so that's a factor in those pleadings I'm sure. In some cases, the victim's family's wishes are considered when a deal is considered, so that's another variable.

Catching up here.. reading that MF was texting an calling her Heidi's Mother when police an friends were searching for her???? OMG! I have NO words.
MF needs to be put down. What a disgusting, evil, twisted soul.

• Heidi Broussard's mother is speaking out in a Dateline special revealing how her daughter's best friend contacted her to find out about the police investigation
  • Tammy Broussard said the alleged killer 'called and texted' her after Heidi disappeared and was 'wanting to know if police were doing anything'
  • Dateline special also speaks to Heidi's friends who speak about their desperate search to find the mother and her newborn, Margot Carey
  • Dateline NBC special 'Abduction' airs Friday at 10pm/9c ET
More content and photos: Friends of Heidi Broussard reveal they 'searched every day' before learning she was murdered | Daily Mail Online

Lynn Smith on HLN just played the clip with Tammy explaining why she does not want the DP.

Actually -- I believe the total count after the murder charge would be 3. (There were already 2 AW -- kidnapping and corpse).
Are all of them available here in WS. I've looked but only find the first one pertaining to the kidnapping, but I was looking for one with more info. E.g. evidence they've recovered, after the arrest info gotten at the residence, etc. There may not be anything released yet...just wondering. TY

I haven't seen Mrs. Broussard talk about the DP yet, Trudie. Do you by chance have a link to the clip or can you sum up what she said about it? TIA!

No link up yet.

Inmate Search
Fieramusca, Magen Rose - Age 34
Booking Information
Booking Number
Booked
12/20/2019 at 10:07 PM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A193461485
Facility
Travis County Correctional Complex

Charges (4)

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number
D1DC19302438
Charge Authority
New Warrant - Class B or Above
Bond
$100,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
None

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number
D1DC19302437
Charge Authority
Bond
$100,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
1/30/2020 - Judge's Order

TAMPER/FABRICATE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE WITH INTENT IMPAIR HUMAN CORPSE
Felony, 2nd Degree
Cause Number
D1DC19302439
Charge Authority
New Arrest
Bond
$400,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
1/30/2020 - Judge's Order

CAPITAL MURDER BY TERROR THREAT/OTH FEL
Capital Murder
Cause Number
D1DC20900007
Charge Authority
Bond
$1,000,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
None

Last edited:
@PommyMommy - since some of us are asking - me included - can you look in the court site & see what actual charges she has against her?

What I have is:
Capital murder, 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping & 1 count of 2nd degree tampering with a human corpse.

TIA! :)
Yikes, Niner, sorry for the late reply. Somehow, I missed your tag this morning.

Here's what I'm seeing on the docket:

Defendant FIERAMUSCA, MAGEN
Attorney WOOD, JACKIE
Cause D-1-DC-19-302438
Date & Time 2/3/20 9:00 AM
Court 460
Floor 1
Type UDS2
Charge KIDNAPPING

Attorney ERSKINE, BRIAN
Cause D-1-DC-19-302438
Court 460
Floor 1
Type UDS2
Charge KIDNAPPING

Attorney WOOD, JACKIE
Cause D-1-DC-19-302437
Court 460
Floor 1
Type UDS2
Charge KIDNAPPING

Attorney ERSKINE, BRIAN
Cause D-1-DC-19-302437
Court 460
Floor 1
Type UDS2
Charge KIDNAPPING

Attorney WOOD, JACKIE
Cause D-1-DC-20-900007
Court 460
Floor 1
Type DESG1
Charge CAPITAL MURDER BY TERROR THREAT/OTHER FELONY

Attorney ERSKINE, BRIAN
Cause D-1-DC-20-900007
Court 460
Floor 1
Type DESG1
Charge CAPITAL MURDER BY TERROR THREAT/OTHER FELONY

Attorney WOOD, JACKIE
Cause D-1-DC-19-302439
Court 460
Floor 1
Type UDS2
Charge TAMP/FAB PHYS EVID W/INTENT TO IMPAIR HUM CORPSE

Attorney ERSKINE, BRIAN
Cause D-1-DC-19-302439
Court 460
Floor 1
Type UDS2
Charge TAMP/FAB PHYS EVID W/INTENT TO IMPAIR HUM CORPSE

(Charges appear twice - once for each attorney)

Criminal Docket Search

KXAN News on Twitter
Don't miss the @DatelineNBC one-hour special on the Heidi Broussard case, tonight on KXAN.
EPptgyXWoAAkgPe.jpg

8:00 PM - 31 Jan 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members