Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The doc's appointment came from a friend's messaging back and forth with stepmom, but it was SM, so I think it can't be shared here.
bbm
You beat me to it. :)
As long as it's published in msm ---which it was-- we can discuss it here.

The activities for Gannon for Monday may have also been mentioned in the Heavy site but it's from a link they posted.
I will check to see if the link is valid.
Eta: It's a valid link.
Since he was out of school that day due to illness, it would make sense.
Wonder why he had tummy trouble ?
Who was making his meals ?
If it was school food-- then he'd have been ill on Fri., not Mon.

Last edited:
VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

Speaks of Gannon in past tense. All concern is for herself and her daughter. I don’t like this horrible feeling
I'm still listening but generally speaking it always makes me uncomfortable when a family member focuses on how they are being mistreated - by SM, neighbors, the public, LE, etc. - instead of showing concern for the well-being of the missing child. Saying how much they love the child - "He was so sweet" - IMO doesn't count.

Maybe it's just that the Internet has caused people to be overly sensitive about what strangers have to say, I don't know. But the interview is not making me confident.

When the reporter asks if she has any message to Gannon she says:

"Gannon, when you get here you'll be able to truly tell what happened and I really hope I get a sincere apology from everyone whose made all those things, especially from my husband."

Sounds like Gannon's dad is upset with her for some reason. MOO.
clearly anyone would be upset, even if temporarily when someone that’s in your care goes “missing.” She seems to have no ability to do anything more than the ME ME ME. A little sympathy for not only the child but the father and mother of that child might have helped her....she went in the opposite direction

bbm
Agreed; but she was saying she has been denied an attorney.

That's not how it works.
You are entitled to a public defender if you cannot afford one; but that's if you've been charged or feel that you may be in the foreseeable future.
Afaik, step mom hasn't been charged.
So why is she saying she's been denied counsel ?

I agree.
I'm sure she was thinking along the lines of "free" legal counsel (as in, a public defender). Since she had not been charged, she didn't qualify for a public defender. She could, at any time, have stopped the interview and hired her own attorney, rather than allowing the interview to continue. The woman has, I believe, a PhD. I don't think she was ignorant of her rights.

[Letecia ("Tecia") Stauch] completed her doctorate at Liberty University in 2019 in education."
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

upload_2020-1-31_19-9-30.jpeg
Students hang ribbons as the search for Gannon Stauch intensifies in Security, Colorado.

In a statement released Friday, the Sheriff’s Office said its department and its partners are “putting extraordinary efforts to search for Gannon, preserve and recover any evidence that could lead to his return.”

The Sheriff’s Office listed its partners as:

• FBI CARD (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment)
  • Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
  • El Paso County Search and Rescue
  • National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
  • Colorado Springs Police Department
  • Fountain Police Department
  • Salvation Army
  • VOAD – Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
  • Army 4th Engineer Battalion (in 100% non-duty volunteer status)
  • National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (in 100% non-duty volunteer status)
  • Flight for Life (search purposes only)
Experienced search teams working to find missing 11-year-old boy

I confirmed with a moderator that Heavy.com is a valid MSM source:

But please do not sleuth the family.

Gannon Stauch Was Last Seen by His Stepmother at Their Lorson Ranch Home Monday Afternoon

Gannon’s father was out of town at the time and he was with his mother and younger sister. His stepmom said the three of them had gone hiking on Sunday.

Here is verification that Heavy.com is allowed.

I agree.
I'm sure she was thinking along the lines of "free" legal counsel (as in, a public defender). Since she had not been charged, she didn't qualify for a public defender. She could, at any time, have stopped the interview and hired her own attorney, rather than allowing the interview to continue. The woman has, I believe, a PhD. I don't think she was ignorant of her Heavy.com

Respectfully, I don't think anybody can be "sure" what SM or anyone else is thinking.

She asked for an attorney, not a public defender, who is assigned by the court to represent an accused person without finances to pay.

She has not at this point been accused or even named as a POI. She has every right to legal representation for this or any other situation, as do you and I. This representation would be out of her pocket, and it would never involve a public defender.

No need for back and forth on this, we can agree to disagree.

JMO

Respectfully, I don't think anybody can be "sure" what SM or anyone else is thinking.

She asked for an attorney, not a public defender, who is assigned by the court to represent an accused person without finances to pay.

She has not at this point been accused or even named as a POI. She has every right to legal representation for this or any other situation, as do you and I. This representation would be out of her pocket, and it would never involve a public defender.

No need for back and forth on this, we can agree to disagree.

JMO

If she asked for an attorney, LE must either charge her or let her go. If they charge her then she can get a public defender, if they don't have enough to charge her at that time they must let her go.

I confirmed with a moderator that Heavy.com is a valid MSM source:

But please do not sleuth the family.

Gannon Stauch Was Last Seen by His Stepmother at Their Lorson Ranch Home Monday Afternoon

Gannon’s father was out of town at the time and he was with his mother and younger sister. His stepmom said the three of them had gone hiking on Sunday.

@JerseyGirl on post #538 said that Heavy is a valid MSM source.

Edit. Ops @swanniee11 beat me to it! Sorry!

That was really badly edited.
I am sincerely shocked at her nonchalance and indeed narcissism.
Me Me Me Me Me Me

That was "badly everything'ed"! Holy Hannah, what kind of idiots made the decision to shoot the back of stepmother's head for the entire (? I confess I only got about 6 minutes in) sequence?!

I mean, I get that it was bad enough without seeing the stepmother's face, but who would do such a thing? What happened to "looking someone right in the eye"?

Here is verification that Heavy.com is allowed.

Heavy.com is allowed (and for a very long time it was not.)

I don't disagree with that. I'm simply questioning if their byline in this instance is adequate to "report" a direct quote from social media, stating that's what it is outright.

I'm not deeply invested at "winning" something here, so again we can agree to disagree. If a mod responds we'll have a solid answer. If not, no harm no foul.

That was "badly everything'ed"! Holy Hannah, what kind of idiots made the decision to shoot the back of stepmother's head for the entire (? I confess I only got about 6 minutes in) sequence?!

I mean, I get that it was bad enough without seeing the stepmother's face, but who would do such a thing? What happened to "looking someone right in the eye"?
That was clearly her call. She must have asked not to appear on camera. There’s no way the reporter would have been thrilled with that, but he had to do what he had to do.

That was raw footage, and only a minute or two would air on television.

Things I noted of interest during the interview:

1. Stepmom is not staying at the house, as bio mom is staying there. I wonder if there is bad blood between them...seems strange to me that she isn’t staying at her own house. I do recall reading something about some conflict between them.

2. This may have been in part due to the questioning by the reporter, but the interview was really focused on stepmom, on the fact that people owe her apologies, on how her life is being impacted. It was not about Gannon. It came across as selfish and self-absorbed, IMO.

3. When asked what message she wanted to say to Gannon, it was (paraphrasing) - that she couldn’t wait for him to come home so people could apologize to her, especially her husband. Sounds like maybe dad is upset with her, too.

4. It was curious to me that she seemed to not want her face shown during the interview. Sunglasses AND the back of her head.

5. I did not pick up on much, if any, emotion or fear especially in relation to Gannon being gone, no distraught, worried-sick, desperate-for-answers vibes. I find that interesting.

6. All in all, if I was hired to do PR for her, I would have told her that that interview was the worst thing she could have done. Did nothing, IMO, to make her more likable or trustworthy, or quash any of these rumors that are apparently causing her so much trouble. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr