Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about Libby and her family and friends since yesterday. There is nothing anyone can say to make the pain of this anniversary any better for those who love and miss her but I hope that they are choosing to celebrate Libby's memory and her life today in whatever way they can. Thousands of folks around the country and the world were touched by Libby's story and they will all remember her too. It may be a cliché but Libby really is gone but not forgotten. <3

Just popped on to say that I have also been thinking about Libby the past few days. I didn’t post yesterday because my youngest daughter who is only a few weeks younger than Libby was visiting. My daughter has just bought her first house and all I could think about was all these life events that Libby will now miss out on. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this difficult time and I hope that justice will be served this year.

A visit to my child in Hull this weekend. Libby's bench has survived the storms - always heartbreaking to see and to see how close she was to safety. And chilling to see how very small the area in which PR operated was. People are still leaving flowers.

This time we stayed close to the Deep - where the River Hull (which flows from the park that the police searched) enters the Humber estuary (where her body was finally found). We even went to the beautiful nature reserve at Spurn Point which I think was close to where her body was found - or at least adjacent to it - tho I'm not clear.

For other non locals two things really stood out. The first was how busy that part of the River Hull is. It seemed to be fast flowing at that point (tho how much of that is due to the weather I don't know) but is surrounded by restaurants, pubs and shops and crossed by bridges. It's busy - I'm surprised her body wasn't seen there .

The second was just how shallow the Humber estuary appeared at low tide. It's clearly deep enough for shipping at high tide and, I guess, at it's centre but we were looking out at a large expanse of sand at low tide. Both from the Hull side and from Spurn Point on the opposite shore.

It looks like there were so many places there that her body could have been found if PR had left her in the river in the park

Hi all - was wondering if there was any news on when a court date for the case management hearing in March might be. It is "almost" March!
Hi Niner. I can see nothing yet in Local or National MSM or in either Hull or Sheffield Crown or Magistrates Courts, regarding a hearing date. Will ask around next Week and see if we can get some info.

SvS

Hi Niner. I can see nothing yet in Local or National MSM or in either Hull or Sheffield Crown or Magistrates Courts, regarding a hearing date. Will ask around next Week and see if we can get some info.

SvS

Here's what I have in my notes:
Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Olive Saxby QC for defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle