Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what they were told in the 911 call.
Which I'd be interested in hearing.
Was stepmom the caller? I'd love to hear the call.

A parent can sway the way LE responds, depending upon how the parent describes the situation.

If they say 'my daughter never comes home late and always answers her phone, but her phone's off and none of her friends have seen her, and I am so frightened' the police are going to come pretty quickly.

But if the caller says my stepson was supposed to be home by 6, and I am annoyed because he always pushes things to the edge and he wouldn't even tell me where he was going, and he will be grounded when we find him, .....then it might not be a priority call?

Good God in heaven, what was all that? I'm just coming to read this thread and know nothing about this case yet, but that interview was hinky!

Lol that’s pretty much the reaction we all had after first listening.....like, WTH did I just hear?

Now I have to go back & listen to it again, as annoying as it (she) is. Still can’t believe it. SMH

Last edited:
I’m coming in on thread 2, so I suppose this has been answered, but have they found his cell phone at home? When my kiddos were younger and going to a friend’s I’d have the mom text me to say they got there.
That's what parents should do. I'd tell my kids if they didnt text me and say they arrived, I was going to call the friends parents. lol So they always texted me punctually, usually sending a selfie from the friend's room.

That's what parents should do. I'd tell my kids if they didnt text me and say they arrived, I was going to call the friends parents. lol So they always texted me punctually, usually sending a selfie from the friend's room.

It would never have occurred to me to do that for an across-the-street-neighbor for a child that age. I wanted selfies when my kids were old enough to be off the street and lie like rugs.

Does anyone remember the reason for the delay with deputies arriving at the house? I don't recall

6:55 9-1-1 Call to dispatch reporting missing child
10:09 Deputies arrive on scene

Timeline

Teams continue to search for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch
I never spotted it. I knew it was logged to database an hour after being received, ergo 20.00hrs.
I also have a vague recollection of a report stating LE were told by the caller that it was a runaway most likely. That's an additional 3 hrs.
The 'caller' worked as an educator, it's likely she would have received training in emergency management. It is possible that caller knew that a runaway was a less high priority than a missing or abducted child.
I'm not sure time meant much after she made the call though , if it's a case that somebody harmed him...

It would never have occurred to me to do that for an across-the-street-neighbor for a child that age. I wanted selfies when my kids were old enough to be off the street and lie like rugs.
Never did that for across the street neighbours. But when my daughter was 12 and 13, she and her best friend were tall and beautiful and looked 14 or 15. I had to monitor her...lol

I’m leaning toward the idea he fell by accident and neglect. Somewhere on the hike. Panic. Cover up.

I don't think there has ever been a case where covering up an accident was actually shown to have happened? I can imagine a child falling and the adult panicking and not being honest on the 911 call about how exactly it occurred, though. But to not call? To not hope for a miracle for your child?

Thanks and she was talking about needing protection and just searching with her own people so they could protect each other. How were they proposing to 'protect' each other?
She mentioned 'death threats' but in this day and age, who does not receive several every day on social media?
So, she had a mere 3.5 hrs to plan that scenario.. car gone into certain forensics... why did she make the play? And again, I go down her rabbit-hole...it's unlikely to help find him which is of much higher importance than anything LE or anybody else ever does to her.

Are you being tongue in cheek? I've never received a single death threat on social media let alone several every day. You must be joking, right?

This case is breaking my heart. I simply don't have a good feeling about little Mr. Gannon Stauch. I wish grown ups who have a missing/lost child would just stay OFF social media. You NEED to be out advocating to find your child and bring them home safe.

Prayers for Mr. Gannon Stauch

Was stepmom the caller? I'd love to hear the call.

A parent can sway the way LE responds, depending upon how the parent describes the situation.

If they say 'my daughter never comes home late and always answers her phone, but her phone's off and none of her friends have seen her, and I am so frightened' the police are going to come pretty quickly.

But if the caller says my stepson was supposed to be home by 6, and I am annoyed because he always pushes things to the edge and he wouldn't even tell me where he was going, and he will be grounded when we find him, .....then it might not be a priority call?
I thought there is a link on thread 1 that a neighbor called 911. It might also be in the media thread.

The link below includes the infamous interview with SM. The quote comes from the same link.

I find it easy to speculate about that interview, but I'm not sure there's much there actually. I see a young woman, hardened, and now angered by accusations and threats. Yeah, maybe she doesn't come across as being a loving SM, but FYI, not all SM's, or SD's for that matter, get along with their SK's. I'd speculate most, but certainly not all, SM's and SD's have strained relationships with their SK's.

Unless someone can post up a link that shows LE is looking at possible murder, or has named a POI regarding that, I'm going to have to go with speculation that Gannon ran away, and is either deceased somewhere within a mile or two of home....or possibly, he arranged to be picked up/was abducted by someone and is out of the area.

Another thought I had is that SM may know the truth, but was not directly involved, and is covering up for someone, or, Gannon suffered an accidental death that SM is attempting to cover up. ALL SPECULATION!!!

Assuming the following quote is truth, then LE has information that leads them to believe Gannon ran away.

"Since the beginning, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has said they believe Gannon ran away, telling 11 News they obtained information early in the investigation that led them to think this. 11 News asked a spokesperson with the office Thursday morning if that was still the case and was told it was.

"We have no information or evidence to change it at this point," said Deborah Mynatt."

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy not seen for days, stepmom speaks with 11 News and sheriff's office asks for volunteers

She didn't hike alone with Gannon. On the picture that was in the earliest Missing Posters, there was a selfie she took with herself and GS and his little sis. The kids were both smiling brightly and having a great time it seems.
I'd like to see that flyer if it's from an approved source?

The link below includes the infamous interview with SM. The quote comes from the same link.

I find it easy to speculate about that interview, but I'm not sure there's much there actually. I see a young woman, hardened, and now angered by accusations and threats. Yeah, maybe she doesn't come across as being a loving SM, but FYI, not all SM's, or SD's for that matter, get along with their SK's. I'd speculate most, but certainly not all, SM's and SD's have strained relationships with their SK's.

Unless someone can post up a link that shows LE is looking at possible murder, or has named a POI regarding that, I'm going to have to go with speculation that Gannon ran away, and is either deceased somewhere within a mile or two of home....or possibly, he arranged to be picked up/was abducted by someone and is out of the area.

Another thought I had is that SM may know the truth, but was not directly involved, and is covering up for someone, or, Gannon suffered an accidental death that SM is attempting to cover up. ALL SPECULATION!!!

Assuming the following quote is truth, then LE has information that leads them to believe Gannon ran away.

"Since the beginning, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has said they believe Gannon ran away, telling 11 News they obtained information early in the investigation that led them to think this. 11 News asked a spokesperson with the office Thursday morning if that was still the case and was told it was.

"We have no information or evidence to change it at this point," said Deborah Mynatt."

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy not seen for days, stepmom speaks with 11 News and sheriff's office asks for volunteers
No he isn't listed as a run away any longer. He is listed as endangered.

I'd like to see that flyer if it's from an approved source?

Missing 11 Year Old from Lorson Ranch

GannonStauch-Update.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members