Found Safe AL - Shannon McKinney, 25, Brookside, 30 Jan 2020

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
The family of Shannon McKinney of Brookside has reported her missing. She is a 25yo, white female, 5’3, 140 lbs, brown eyes, brown hair. McKinney is the victim of the prostitution case reported on Thursday. She left a women’s treatment center early Friday morning. The family is deeply concerned for her safety and believe she may be with the suspect Steven Hollier. This case has been turned over to Homeland Security Investigations. If you have information on the location of Shannon McKinney please call Detective Bynum at (205) 674-9275.

Please keep Shannon and her family in your prayers. We pray for her safe return home.

Brookside Police Department

84395445_2610078265767491_5669439173832998912_n.jpg

83856913_2610078412434143_9190135492564221952_n.jpg

A woman Brookside police said was forced to perform sex acts in an abandoned house is missing and her family is “deeply concerned,” police said Sunday.

More at Woman forced into sex acts in Brookside is missing

I don't know if I believe her story... If she was forced into sex trafficking, why in the world would she be with the suspect again? Why wouldn't her family report her missing if she was indeed gone for a year like she is saying?

Contrary to conflicting social media post by persons not involved in the case investigation, Brookside investigators have not released any statements referencing “not believing the victim” or claiming the “victim is lying to police.” The victim’s case is an ongoing investigation and we continue to gather evidence as the case investigation progresses. At this point in the investigation there is enough evidence that substantiates the victims claims of prostitution. There is evidence that was presented in reference to her claims that she was forced against her will. The victim is a drug addict which makes these cases extremely difficult to investigate. Weather she has been forced into addiction or her addition is voluntary is still under investigation. At this point in the investigation we are concentrating our efforts on finding the victim, helping her receive proper treatment, and continuing to gather the facts and evidence in the case investigation.

The alleged sexual assault victim reported a crime to investigators. Just as any other claim made to law enforcement, that report will be investigated thoroughly to determine if a case can be established. She named two suspects that she stated were actively involved in sexual prostitution who forced her to trade sex for money, drugs and property. The victim stated the offenses have been going on for more than a year. No claims have been shared or released that reference “sex slavery” or the victim being “held hostage or against her will.” She claims she was forced into prostitution. The ways and means of the “force” is still under investigation. All suspects named as person(s) of interest are innocent until proven guilty. The case investigation will determine if probable cause exist to pursue charges in reference to the victim’s statement to police.

The Department of Homeland Security Investigations, the Jefferson County District Attorneys office, along with numerous law enforcement partners are assisting with this case investigation. If you have information on the location of Shannon McKinney please call Detective Bynum at (205) 674-9275. Please keep Shannon and her family in your prayers. We pray for her safe return home.

Contrary to conflicting social media post by persons not involved in the case investigation, Brookside investigators have not released any statements referencing “not believing the victim” or claiming the “victim is lying to police.” The victim’s case is an ongoing investigation and we continue to gather evidence as the case investigation progresses. At this point in the investigation there is enough evidence that substantiates the victims claims of prostitution. There is evidence that was presented in reference to her claims that she was forced against her will. The victim is a drug addict which makes these cases extremely difficult to investigate. Weather she has been forced into addiction or her addition is voluntary is still under investigation. At this point in the investigation we are concentrating our efforts on finding the victim, helping her receive proper treatment, and continuing to gather the facts and evidence in the case investigation.

The alleged sexual assault victim reported a crime to investigators. Just as any other claim made to law enforcement, that report will be investigated thoroughly to determine if a case can be established. She named two suspects that she stated were actively involved in sexual prostitution who forced her to trade sex for money, drugs and property. The victim stated the offenses have been going on for more than a year. No claims have been shared or released that reference “sex slavery” or the victim being “held hostage or against her will.” She claims she was forced into prostitution. The ways and means of the “force” is still under investigation. All suspects named as person(s) of interest are innocent until proven guilty. The case investigation will determine if probable cause exist to pursue charges in reference to the victim’s statement to police.

The Department of Homeland Security Investigations, the Jefferson County District Attorneys office, along with numerous law enforcement partners are assisting with this case investigation. If you have information on the location of Shannon McKinney please call Detective Bynum at (205) 674-9275. Please keep Shannon and her family in your prayers. We pray for her safe return home.

The Brookside PD seems fairly unsympathetic towards their victim...

I am not on social media. I do believe though, so called victim had two of her 3 children with guy she is on the run with. It's my opinion only that she only cares about getting her next fix and left her 3 children elsewhere...Disagree with me if you may but she is just another addict.

I am not on social media. I do believe though, so called victim had two of her 3 children with guy she is on the run with. It's my opinion only that she only cares about getting her next fix and left her 3 children elsewhere...Disagree with me if you may but she is just another addict.
I sincerely do hope she left her kids elsewhere...

“At this point in the investigation there is enough evidence that substantiates the victim’s claims of prostitution,’’ the chief said. “There is evidence that was presented in reference to her claims that she was forced against her will.”
“The victim is a drug addict which makes these cases extremely difficult to investigate,’’ he [police] said. “Whether she has been forced into addiction or her addiction is voluntary is still under investigation.”
Few answers in bizarre Brookside prostitution case; police trying to get truth, dispel rumors, chief says
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In order to obtain control over their victims, traffickers will use force, drugs, emotional tactics as well as financial means.
In certain circumstances, they will even resort to various forms of violence, such as gang rape and mental and physical abuse. Traffickers sometimes use offers of marriage, threats, intimidation, brainwashing and kidnapping as means of obtaining victims."
Sex trafficking - Wikipedia

Young females that are addicted to Heroine will do a lot of things including giving up their children and running off with boyfriend that will support her habit

I cannot follow any of the news articles. No timeline....contradictory statements, etc...
Would someone be so kind as to answer my questions?
1) SM was missing for 1 year, but her family never reported her missing?
2) She was found last Thur squatting with some guys in an abandoned house?
3) She claimed to be held as a sex slave and was forced into addiction?
4) She was forced to marry one of the guys?
5) So then she had kids with that guy and the kids were in the abandoned home with her sex slave self.
6) When they found her, last Thur, she was put into rehab.
7) She was able to leave rehab on her own free will?
8) She left and is now with one of her captors?
I don't need details...just a yes or no will suffice. Thank you kindly!:D

I cannot follow any of the news articles. No timeline....contradictory statements, etc...
Would someone be so kind as to answer my questions?
1) SM was missing for 1 year, but her family never reported her missing?
2) She was found last Thur squatting with some guys in an abandoned house?
3) She claimed to be held as a sex slave and was forced into addiction?
4) She was forced to marry one of the guys?
5) So then she had kids with that guy and the kids were in the abandoned home with her sex slave self.
6) When they found her, last Thur, she was put into rehab.
7) She was able to leave rehab on her own free will?
8) She left and is now with one of her captors?
I don't need details...just a yes or no will suffice. Thank you kindly!:D

8. Yes. She left with one of the guys that supposedly forced her into prostitution.

This was a very strange story, and I couldn't make heads or tails of it when I was reading through the articles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back