Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
My belief is that LE has a press conference primarily to progress a case, not to avoid criticism or be praised. If they want to get a message to the perp and believe that a press conference is the best way to do it, they will.

Same answer to releasing new information. If they believe it will help the case, they will.
We "the public" are not who they are asking for help from.
They want help from people who actually know something, they are targeting very specific people, not "us."

If people stop paying attention to the case, that is their choice. It's not the responsibility of LE to keep their attention or answer their questions. Hopefully the public will keep paying attention because of concern about justice, not because LE is doing what they want.
JMO

A few questions:

1) Do you think LE will have a 3 year press conference even if they have no new information to share? My thought is that they will not since they were roundly criticized for that awful one on the anniversary last year.
2) Do you think there is any chance that LE will release any new information on the third year anniversary? My opinion is they certainly need to release more information but they won’t. My fear is that if they don’t release any new info on 2/13 then the case slides into cold case status. The public will stop paying attention. The same public they claim they need help from.
What do y’all think?

Hey, BSleuth.
Tell them about John Walsh, please.
@Brubon, thanks for mentioning this!

@tresir2012 has kindly posted the link.

ISP information channel. This one was recently released. ( 1-28-2019 )

At around 6 minutes in, we are told the exciting news that John Walsh has contacted them about the case! They were getting together this past weekend.

JMO - When this case becomes featured on In Pursuit With John Walsh, it is going to give this case a tremendous boost and allow many more people to become aware of it. It could be exactly what they need! That one tip....

One more step towards an arrest!

JMO

Brook McCain is Delphi's new police chief

Here is an article about the new Delphi police chief Brook McCain. Video of him introducing himsef at beginning of article. The old chief is taking a new job as an investigator for the prosecutors office. I hope that means more resources on the Delphi case and maybe they do have someone to prosecute?

@Brubon, thanks for mentioning this!

@tresir2012 has kindly posted the link.

At around 6 minutes in, we are told the exciting news that John Walsh has contacted them about the case! They were getting together this past weekend.

JMO - When this case becomes featured on In Pursuit With John Walsh, it is going to give this case a tremendous boost and allow many more people to become aware of it. It could be exactly what they need! That one tip....

One more step towards an arrest!

JMO

I really want to be hopeful.... but I just don't have much hope that getting more national publicity for this case will do much good at all. The locals have heard a lot about this case for nearly 3 years now. It's a small community and there has been tremendous coverage when it comes to that community knowing about it. The people/person who LE needs corroboration from, or to share that final tip with them, is not going to need to hear about the case from John Walsh IMO. Totally JMO.

And yes, I'm unfortunately becoming more pessimistic. Especially after hearing this recent ISP radio broadcast. I did not get any sense that they were actually closer to an arrest. MOO MOO.

ISP information channel. This one was recently released. ( 1-28-2019 )

Nothing new here really, BUT it does keep the case out in front of the public. That, in turn, puts pressure on this killer. I do like the fact that the fire is discussed, albeit very briefly, as well. One thing that does strike me is that LE has almost 50K in tips. I seriously doubt there are many of us on here who can think of 5 cases where the combined tips would be 50K. Or even 40K. 50K tips in less than 3 years. There are many well known cases on here that 10 years or more and don't have 5000 tips.

Glad to see a new thread was created. Please behave! LOL

Anyway, I am not very patient, but I believe eventually this case will be solved. Just like I thought the case of Morgan Harrington (in Virginia) would be solved. It took years and the killer striking again (unfortunately) for the person responsible to be identified.

Let's hope 2020 is the year! Justice!!

REMINDER-FEB 5th HLN PODCAST
DOWN THE HILL

CNN’s Headline News, or HLN, is further embracing its true crime-loving audience by launching a podcast, “Down the Hill: The Delphi Murders,” about the unsolved murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

The eight-part podcast will look at a variety of aspects of the horrific crime that took the lives of adolescent girls Abigail Williams and Liberty German in the small town of Delphi, Indiana three years ago.

The first two episodes will be available on Apple Podcasts Feb. 5.

HLN to Add True Crime Podcast About Unsolved Delphi Murders

Last edited:
I really want to be hopeful.... but I just don't have much hope that getting more national publicity for this case will do much good at all. The locals have heard a lot about this case for nearly 3 years now. It's a small community and there has been tremendous coverage when it comes to that community knowing about it. The people/person who LE needs corroboration from, or to share that final tip with them, is not going to need to hear about the case from John Walsh IMO. Totally JMO.

And yes, I'm unfortunately becoming more pessimistic. Especially after hearing this recent ISP radio broadcast. I did not get any sense that they were actually closer to an arrest. MOO MOO.
Your making some really good points! BBM - especially this.

The fact that you are here and I see you posting regularly shows me you haven't lost all of your optimism and hope though! ;)

In a case like this.....when there appears to be so much evidence regarding the killer, including his voice and a video of him walking.....but no arrest, it is tough to not be pessimistic at times. I get it. But my opinion is, even if they do know who it is, they aren't going to give us one bit of indication on a broadcast like that. If they do have a POI, or multiple POI's, then they want the element of surprise when the crew comes to make an arrest. They want him feeling comfortable and cocky so he will make more mistakes. JMO

I just think that we need to have continued patience and alot of faith in this investigation team. They won't give up.....that alone is worth our continued hope.

JMO

According to the ISP Information channel discussion that was posted, LE has a complete picture of the crime. My interpretation of that is, they know when BG arrived and how he exited, they know the details of their deaths and what was used to kill them, etc. Then Carter says what they don’t know is the last piece, who did it. He says he knows someone knows who that is from the video and audio clip but are afraid to come forward. It seems to me way more than one person in that very small town must recognizes BG, not all of whom know him very well, or hang out with him. And if that’s true, LE knows who he is by now but something is holding them up from arresting him. What would that be?
On the other end, if they truly don’t know who this guy is, he’s a serial killer and not from around there at all. In that case LE changed direction into another wrong direction. Just my thoughts on that.

According to the ISP Information channel discussion that was posted, LE has a complete picture of the crime. My interpretation of that is, they know when BG arrived and how he exited, they know the details of their deaths and what was used to kill them, etc. Then Carter says what they don’t know is the last piece, who did it. He says he knows someone knows who that is from the video and audio clip but are afraid to come forward. It seems to me way more than one person in that very small town must recognizes BG, not all of whom know him very well, or hang out with him. And if that’s true, LE knows who he is by now but something is holding them up from arresting him. What would that be?
On the other end, if they truly don’t know who this guy is, he’s a serial killer and not from around there at all. In that case LE changed direction into another wrong direction. Just my thoughts on that.
I believe the killer either lived in the Delphi area or was a frequent visitor when he was younger. I also believe he currently doesn't reside in the Delphi area, but somewhere in larger metropolitan area within 50-100 miles - or farther. Because of that those around him might believe he lives too far away to be the suspect. And if he is in a larger city, then he very well could blend into the crowd. That is, hide in plain sight - just not in the Delphi area. If I'm right, then those around him probably no longer remember his whereabouts 3 years ago.

Words that were said in that discussion that caught my ears were "vicious" and "brutally" about the murders of the girls.Now we know it was really bad.

My question is, has this BG killed again, has he killed before? Obviously we don’t know but what makes LE confident that the general public is safe from this killer? I’m wondering if LE had said that because maybe BG is from out of town/state but had ties to Delphi? So many questions so little answers. I am glad tho that LE has been very involved in this case and hasn’t thrown it on the back burner. The officers they have working on the case are great people. I’m confident that they will catch this guy.

and John Walsh is going to be doing a podcast on the case? This is my first time hearing about that.

My question is, has this BG killed again, has he killed before? Obviously we don’t know but what makes LE confident that the general public is safe from this killer? I’m wondering if LE had said that because maybe BG is from out of town/state but had ties to Delphi? So many questions so little answers. I am glad tho that LE has been very involved in this case and hasn’t thrown it on the back burner. The officers they have working on the case are great people. I’m confident that they will catch this guy.

and John Walsh is going to be doing a podcast on the case? This is my first time hearing about that.

John Walsh and his son are doing a TV program called IN PURSUIT. It will be on the ID network. They said "yes" to helping out with the Abby/Libby case. They turn down 250 cases per week. This really is a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79