Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm really intrigued now regards to the neighbor seemingly making a big point about how his cameras have really good sound. That camera is directly opposite the truck with no other vehicles obstructing. I wonder if he picked up some talking.

It warms my heart to read how the community has joined together on Gannon’s behalf. And I luv the previously posted photos of all the gorgeous blue lights and blue ribbons....
So beautiful to look at but bittersweet.

Just watched the most recent family statement. Not once did any of them refer to him in the past tense or negatively make it all about themselves. "I miss you, I won't give up hope, I love you vs You're all gonna owe me an apology" :rolleyes:

Wow. Intense.

I see nothing wrong with the parents’ demeanor. Either. And I know people might give them flak for having the daughter present but she’s in the middle of this anyhow. She’s not missing the daily fear and anguish. Having her there could be a very smart strategy to pressure the person who took him and anyone who may know something but is afraid to speak up.

I thought this was a smart video to humanize Gannon and pull at heart strings to get more info.
I don't see anything wrong with the parent's demeanor either but a poster said that during the PC the mother seemed to be fake crying and compared her to Susan Smith.

I thought she seemed genuine.

But it's a good example of how everyone sees things differently and it's very hard to judge people based on a few minutes of video.

Although sometimes it's more about what they say than anything else, such as the stepmother in her interview.

Imo

Good post. I think she helped Gannon into the truck, too. I think the bending motion is actually her lifting his feet/legs into the truck. (I’m picturing him sitting sideways on the seat with his legs down/outside. She kind of lifts/turns them so the door can be closed.). This would also indicate an incapacited state for Gannon; drugs, injuries? I wonder if she might have given him sleeping pills and she led him out when he started getting drowsy.
Those trucks are pretty high off the ground. i HATE getting into that smaller back seat, get my butt up and then trying to swing my legs in while holding on for dear life to the loose seat belts. I bet those tires come up to his sternum and the actual seat above his head. No not advocating for SM's innocence, but those high trucks really do require some maneuvering for short people.

ETA I have a Toyota 4WD pickup, and even getting into the front driver's seat I have to hang on the steering wheel and actually do a hop up with my behind once I get a foot on the running board.

Last edited:
There was a neighbor early on who looked at her security camera but didn't find anything. This was when she originally looked druing the 3-4pm on Monday.

LE needs to get back to that neighbor and look at Monday's video between 10:15 and 2:15pm.

Not all cameras record 24/7. Mine are motion/audio activated and only record for as long as the motion is there. It all depends on your system and your settings.

The neighbor with the clip from Monday has an Xfinity/Comcast system, which has a lot more features (including 24/7 recording) than most stand alone home systems.

Most systems as a default also only keep 7 days worth of video, so any video people did have may be gone by now.

"This week has been awful. It's been more than a roller coaster ride," Stauch's mother, Landen Hiott, said in the video, which was posted on the El Paso County Sheriff's Office YouTube page. "It's been more than an emotional mess. I don't have answers for my feelings, other than I'm afraid. I'm afraid that I'll never hear his voice, that I'll never hear him run and say, 'Mommy!'"

"If you're too afraid because you know something — a kid just doesn't disappear and no one sees him. It's not how this works," Hiott said. "So if you have anything that's credible — if you're afraid, don't worry about it. Imagine my son, how afraid he is. Imagine how afraid Gannon is."

Every single day, he has to tell me a joke," Hiott said. "He looks forward to telling me something silly. And I’m afraid that I won’t ever see that again or hear it. I don’t want to believe that, because that means that I’m giving up hope and I’m not giving up hope, because my son is full of hope."

Albert Stauch, Gannon's father, described his son as a happy child who "brings life to every party."

"His smile, even today, is keeping us going," Albert Stauch said. "His smile brings me joy every time I think about it."
Family of Gannon Stauch releases video statement

The only people near and dear to Cluster Bs are themselves.

It would never occur to a narc to protect someone else at the expense of their own self-interests.

JMO.

Good point! Just want to check every opportunity. This kid ( who she protects)would be "her own" , her possession.
ETA and since it is all about her, that's important.jmo

Last edited:
The video has me blubbing.

@californiagem , Stepmom's DV is addressed in the Gary Hughes video, which is approved per TOS. I *think* the charges were related to her late husband. I tend to fast forward through a lot of his videos; although they are always most informative, they are looonnnggg.

I’m hoping le can give a poi soon . Besides being frustrated with lack of info le I get it. Most of us went threw the berreths and watts cases together so I kinda have faith in the le out there and how they work. I hope the person that talked to watts talks to sm and finds gannon

From the SM interview what appears to be a bandage on her left palm. You can see the corner of the bandage (at the edge of her sweatshirt) is peeled back a little.

JMO

Could that have been a shovel wrapped in the brown evidence bag that we saw investigators carrying out of the house?

Remember the bandage on the palm of SM’s left hand?

I know the ground is much too hard to dig in Colorado but I wonder if there’s somewhere with loose gravel?

JMO
Someone asked for a repost of SM hands

The video included Gannon’s mother, his father Albert Stauch and his little sister Laina.

“He is such a happy child, and he brings life to every party. His smile, even today, is keeping us going. His infectious smile brings me joy every time I think about it,” said Albert Stauch on the video.

He continued with a heartfelt message to the community as they continue to search for Gannon, “But through all this, just know that your thoughts and prayers, and your messages, keep them coming because even if we don’t respond, we are receiving them and that has given us strength to get through this. I do want to say I am so proud of Laina, my little girl here, and of Landen, my children’s mother, they’ve been so strong through this. Stronger than I would have ever thought and stronger than I could have ever been. I’m getting strength from them as well. As I said, please keep sending your thoughts and prayers, because we are receiving them.”

Gannon’s little sister ended the video with, “I love you, Bubba.”
Gannon Stauch's Family Pleads For His Safe Return: 'Not Giving Up Hope'

I know.... I’m asking if he regularly missed school with the excuse, true or not, of being sick.... especially while dad is away or at work.
I see what you are saying. I had a stepmother who sent us to school no matter how sick we were because she didn't want us around. Neglect goes both ways, I guess.

This freaking broke my heart for them . Can’t say what I want cause it’s just not nice so much frustration with this case
BLESS this mother’s heart. She has spoken The Mother Code. Thou shalt not give up a scrap, remnant, or crumb of hope when the Child is still out there. And yet she spoke her fear just as honestly. A parent has to hold both hope and fear at the same time.
And bless this father and sister. I wish this suffering family so much comfort. I hope their appeal to the public leads to information. Her statement that if anyone is too scared, think of how scary it is for Gannon, is sobering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288