CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime in the last week they located both trucks that belonged to the family back in 1996.....it sounds like LE has been doing some serious digging with amazing results! :)

Best I can think of....someone talked and they are pulling together physical evidence to support it, hoping to get lucky that its direct evidence and not just circumstantial.

Wow I feel so fortunate because I just today finished the Backyard podcast series on this- after only following the case since last week. And here I get to watch a potential arrest in real-time!! For a case that’s over 20 years old!

This is great news for the Smarts- fingers crossed.

Do all those family members still live in the same houses they did back then?

According to the podcast series, yes (although a poster above noted that his sister is in Washington State). Their allegiance to their properties has been raised as cause for suspicion - Given all the media coverage over the past 20 years, why would they stay there and endure the constant harassment etc., unless they are hiding something on the property itself?

Do all those family members still live in the same houses they did back then?
Yes, the two homes in arroyo grande are the same ones the parents resides in when Kristin went missing- Paul lived in the cal poly dorms/those houses at the time.
His sister seems to live in Snohomish county Washington and I’ve been trying to see if any news of that search warrant is up on their local news/pages.

the sheriffs/fbi have removed many items from both Susan and Paul’s homes but what I find interesting is they took computers from both. I’m wondering if that’s what they are getting from the sisters house also considering she has moved around a lot since then so physical evidence seems like a long shot.

Aja Goare [URL='https://twitter.com/ajagoare']@ajagoare [/URL]5h

Crowd of people standing outside Arroyo Grande residence shout “dig up the yard!” and “justice for Kristin!” as investigators emerge from the home. Law enforcement hasn’t confirmed this home is connected to Paul Flores, a person of interest in the disappearance of Kristin Smart.

Aja Goare @ajagoare
5h

Authorities are inside home on E. Branch in Arroyo Grande - address previously connected to Flores family. San Luis Obispo Co. Sheriff’s Office says it served search warrants at 2 SLO Co. addresses related to Kristin Smart case but have yet to confirm this house is one of them.

Aja Goare @ajagoare 5h

Crowd of people standing outside Arroyo Grande residence shout “dig up the yard!” and “justice for Kristin!” as investigators emerge from the home. Law enforcement hasn’t confirmed this home is connected to Paul Flores, a person of interest in the disappearance of Kristin Smart.

Aja Goare @ajagoare
5h

Authorities are inside home on E. Branch in Arroyo Grande - address previously connected to Flores family. San Luis Obispo Co. Sheriff’s Office says it served search warrants at 2 SLO Co. addresses related to Kristin Smart case but have yet to confirm this house is one of them.

If this reporter researched one minute she’d know that’s a home owned by Susan Flores in arroyo grande

Search warrants served in unsolved killing of Kristin Smart, who vanished in 1996 from Cal Poly
''One of the locations being searched is in the 900 block of West Upland Avenue in San Pedro, where Paul Flores, a fellow Cal Poly SLO student who was questioned in Smart’s disappearance at the time, has lived for more than a decade, according to sources.''

''Flores, who grew up in nearby Arroyo Grande, had moved all of his belongings out of the room by then.

A year before Smart’s disappearance, a female student summoned San Luis Obispo police at 1 a.m. and told dispatchers that Flores, apparently drunk, had climbed a trellis outside her apartment and was refusing to leave her balcony. He was gone by the time officers arrived, police said.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23