MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

556ca4eeafffe5132710ba89b5eabb2c.gif

Speculation, imo.
Just now came across the 1969 unsolved death of a girl in Manhattan and although it happened about 11 years prior to Judy's disappearance, a few details made me think of Judy and the possibility of a connection between the two cases.
Noting that Alice also wore her hair short, fwiw.
Rbbm.
Crime Scene: Girl, 15, dumped in Cortlandt 45 years ago
"Alice Lezan, a sophomore at Franklin (N.J.) High School, and her older sister liked to frequent the Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan, where they would hang out with other teens. A man, 28 at the time, also frequented the building. He was described in police reports as "a quasi-leader of hippie types." Police determined Lezan had skipped school Sept. 26, 1969, and went to the Port Authority building to meet up with the man, identified as a tree surgeon from Connecticut. She was last seen later that day walking with the man near a hotel on West 48th Street. She was wearing gray-and-white dungarees and a purple shirt. Police interviewed him several times. They suspect he may have tried to lure Lezan into prostitution. However, he told other girls who police believe he prostituted that Lezan had gone home. Police do not believe she was ever a prostitute."

Ws thread.
NY - NY - Alice Lezan, 15, Manhattan, 26 September 1969

Dear Maureen,
I keep thinking about Judy ever since I first read about her when you introduced her case to Reddit. I really, really wish you will find her.
A while ago I watched a clip on one of the reagan balls in 1981, and saw a women that looked like her. I know you probably have seen it all, and I wasn't gonna bother you with it, but now I can't really get it out of my head. Could the lady in pink be her?

All the best for you and your family...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-090105.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-090105.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56
This is for Maureen Judy's sister as you are he one that could identify your sister. I came across the talk about your missing sister while I was posting on the Midtown Doe in Hells Kitchen.. I really do admire all you have done and keep doing to help search for her!..
I remembered you had mentioned Studio 54 in that thread. I had come across some photos and I don't know if you have seen them before. But I thought I would give it a shot anyway and post them for you. The photographer is Tod Papageorge I believe and he took many photos at studio 54 from that time. I don't know if this helps. But if it is her at least you can try and get in touch with the photographer and ask for a date.

Πίνακας σε καμβά HORSE RACING PARTICLE DIVERGENT 7996 ⋆ Stisky
View attachment 112459View attachment 112460
Hello Maureen just wondering if you ever reached out to the photographer just in case they had any info.. that is if you think it could be her.. she is always in my thoughts.

I came across this photographer from the 1970s and 1980s taking Manhattan street scenes. There is a woman sitting on the floor w short hair. She has her hands on her face though but I still thought I would post it .

I thought I had was maybe you can reach out to photographers that took photos in the 1970s and 1980s in NYC Club scene and street scene photographers.

These people have extensive files and many keep their outtakes . For every photo you see published there are usually 5 more variations of that shot that did not make the cut.

Now in this day and age many photos that have been kept in files are popping up online by the photographers. I think it could be another avenue that could Possibly help. Maybe share Judys photo with them. After all these people were day after day going out documenting the clubs, streets and people of NYC. Many times they would befriend their subjects so you just never Know. It could be another avenue to explore.

Below is the link to an article on the photographer that took that photo.

Photographs Documenting a Different Side of 1970s New York City

Attachments

• C1538121-6883-4898-88CE-88E7B8BA8101.png
    C1538121-6883-4898-88CE-88E7B8BA8101.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 46
Dear Maureen,
I keep thinking about Judy ever since I first read about her when you introduced her case to Reddit. I really, really wish you will find her.
A while ago I watched a clip on one of the reagan balls in 1981, and saw a women that looked like her. I know you probably have seen it all, and I wasn't gonna bother you with it, but now I can't really get it out of my head. Could the lady in pink be her?

All the best for you and your family...
Thanks so much. Gorgeous girl, but not judy. The cheeks are wrong. And there is no split or darkened front tooth. :/

I came across this photographer from the 1970s and 1980s taking Manhattan street scenes. There is a woman sitting on the floor w short hair. She has her hands on her face though but I still thought I would post it .

I thought I had was maybe you can reach out to photographers that took photos in the 1970s and 1980s in NYC Club scene and street scene photographers.

These people have extensive files and many keep their outtakes . For every photo you see published there are usually 5 more variations of that shot that did not make the cut.

Now in this day and age many photos that have been kept in files are popping up online by the photographers. I think it could be another avenue that could Possibly help. Maybe share Judys photo with them. After all these people were day after day going out documenting the clubs, streets and people of NYC. Many times they would befriend their subjects so you just never Know. It could be another avenue to explore.

Below is the link to an article on the photographer that took that photo.

Photographs Documenting a Different Side of 1970s New York City
I love the way you think. I have reached out to many artists, photographers, musicians, people in outreach programs (who were active in the 70s and 80s) nothing. Like she fell off the face of the planet. Though, you've given me an idea. I am friends with Meryl meiser, a famous photographer from that era. I wonder if she has cataloged her photos and if she might have face recognition software? I saw a woman last week at a show in cuba who resembled my sister SO MUCH.

I love the way you think. I have reached out to many artists, photographers, musicians, people in outreach programs (who were active in the 70s and 80s) nothing. Like she fell off the face of the planet. Though, you've given me an idea. I am friends with Meryl meiser, a famous photographer from that era. I wonder if she has cataloged her photos and if she might have face recognition software? I saw a woman last week at a show in cuba who resembled my sister SO MUCH.
rbbm.
Any chance that your sister had a baby?

Oh so glad I could help in some way!! Yes there are photographers that have facial recognition programs. Iam sure if she does not maybe she might know someone who has. That is a great idea. Your amazing! Someone somewhere knows!!
I would def not give up on the photographers o keep seeing names of NY photographers I had never heard of before all the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back