CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! No mo smiling faces! Just mine! :);) Pictures and video of Paul today in attached...Daily Mail

Snipped
Sheriff's spokesman Tony Cipolla said Flores was detained during the service of that search warrant, The Tribune reported. He was later released.

Authorities simultaneously served a warrant at the home of Flores' mother Susan Flores in Arroyo Grande.

Prime suspect in Kristin Smart's 1996 disappearance is detained as police search four locations linked to the cold case
BBZGPG3.img

Last edited:
FBI Searches San Pedro Home In Connection With 1996 Disappearance Of Kristin Smart

Found this statement interesting:

“A man believed to be Flores was detained in a L.A. County Sheriff’s Department squad vehicle for two hours Wednesday morning outside the San Pedro home which was being searched. He was handcuffed, questioned, and then released by deputies after signing some paperwork. “

Is it normal to handcuff someone in this type of situation?

They are definitely looking for specific items....

"The sheriff’s office did not disclose why it was searching a San Pedro home and what it was hoping to find, except to say that it was looking for “specific items of evidence.”

FBI Searches San Pedro Home In Connection With 1996 Disappearance Of Kristin Smart

I know forensics can do amazing things these days but wow, I can’t really imagine what “item” they may find useful at this point after all of these years.

There would be no clothing, no electronics that I can think of, and he has physically moved residence so there is no way she was actually ever in that house.

So interesting....

I know forensics can do amazing things these days but wow, I can’t really imagine what “item” they may find useful at this point after all of these years.

There would be no clothing, no electronics that I can think of, and he has physically moved residence so there is no way she was actually ever in that house.

So interesting....
Computers

But from back then? Not many people had individual ones in college (at least from my experience). And even IF he had a personal computer in 1996 why on earth would he still have it? Hammer the thing up and dump it is what I think he would have done by now. JMO.

Maybe there have been more recent communications between the parties on them or something. It may also just be a scare tactic hoping to shake something loose. Not from the parents because they’re never backing down but if someone connected to them sees what’s happening, they may roll on them.

But from back then? Not many people had individual ones in college (at least from my experience). And even IF he had a personal computer in 1996 why on earth would he still have it? Hammer the thing up and dump it is what I think he would have done by now. JMO.
I didn’t consider info from back then, I was thinking of current searches/communication/etc

It's hard to imagine what they could find on his brother or sister's computer. Would they have ever communicated about this crime in an incriminating way on their computers?

I can't imagine what evidence would be in the houses, after all of this time. The vehicles, those might hold a treasure trove though. I sure hope so.

Hi everyone! I have been an active websleuther for a minute, but I think this is my first time posting in this thread. Kristin Smart was the first missing person who captured my attention back in the early 2000s and I have been following her case ever since. It's been difficult over the years to watch the Smart family get their hopes up, only to have them let down, over and over again. I am thrilled that the podcast provided a renewed interest in this case and I am very hopeful for some new evidence to be brought to light. I'm so glad that Kristin is finally getting the nationwide coverage she deserves and I hope that justice will finally be served.

After the search warrants were issued yesterday, I'm hopeful that there has been internet surveillance happening on the Flores family and these computers are going to reveal some information. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Paul & his fam have been actively participating online in the case - they are extremely arrogant and comfortable with their ability to elude conviction.

As always, lots of hope and love going out to the Smart Family! x

Sheriff Ian Parkinson will be on the local country radio station KJUG 98.1 in San Luis Obispo this morning at 9 am PT. You can text in questions to 805-549-8698. You can listen online, or on the app. "98.1 KJUG"
KJUG 98.1FM this is the website for the station and you can listen online here

So interesting....

It seems to me that they must have gotten a specific tip from a reliable source. To my non-attorney understanding, search warrants have to be specific and provide reasoning as to why you think that thing should be searched. They generally don't give the searchers carte blanche; e.g., the judge says yes, you can search the computer. But if you didn't mention a car in your request, you better not be searching any cars! I suppose it is possible to have a search warrant approved to search a general property and whatever happens to be there (I'm thinking of something like the Mackenzie Lueck case), but in this case after so many years I'd guess they had to list specific items and what led them to believe they hold evidentiary value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get