Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and watched the first press briefing held on Thursday January 30, 4 days after GS reported missing. A few things struck me. This was the first time the media had a chance to ask questions and you can tell that most of them are asking about social media/internet rumors. They ask about school/doctor appointment, etc.

The first time I saw it I thought the PIO was admonishing the public about rumors, but now I realize it was the reporters. With good cause IMO. I cannot believe the last question asked is do you think he’s alive! In front of the parents. Their faces broke my heart and made me angry!

One question at 5:45 “ Is the stepmother cooperating?”
Lt. Mihalko answers “ We are conducting multiple interviews and each lead that we have is exhausted “
Is he saying YES, she is lawyered up and not talking to us??
Just MOO

Video bottom of page . I had to turn volume on high.

Mother of missing Colorado Springs boy pleads for him to come home

It was reported on Fox21 that the family left in 2 cars (before May arrived yesterday). BD left as a passenger in a white Dodge. I'm assuming his Red Truck has been taken in for testing/evidence, etc at this point. So I'm thinking the BD was back at the house to retrieve clothes.

FOX21 News on Twitter
We've been asked to use their real initials, so BD is AS, correct?

It hasn't been brought up but I did notice that she went and came back from the same direction. I was watching for that in the video. MOO
I read that there is only one exit out of that neighborhood - I will try and find the link unless someone remembers this too? For now
JMO
ETA: Tour the Neighborhood - Lorson Ranch, Colorado Springs New Homes

there is a site map - it's a pretty big development and now I'm thinking there may be one exit from their little community that goes out into the bigger development?

Last edited:
Someone made this each color is in 30 minutes up to 2 hrs from house View attachment 230285

Trying to put my thinking cap on. I would be surprised if she went north into Denver, if she were getting rid of a body. My senses tell me East. If I were doing something I shouldn't I feel like that's the direction I would head. MOO.

My heart breaks a little more not seeing he is found or an arrest was made this morning.

Now that I have FINALLY caught up, that's what I get for going to bed early fo once lol, here are a few thoughts I had:

Regarding custody. Just because the father has "primary" custody doesn't mean anything is "wrong" with the mother, IMO. Growing up our parents shared custody of all of us, when my dad got a job on the other side of the country it was decided I would "live" with him and visit my mother during school breaks. The area my father moved to had a better school and more educational opportunities. The school GS attends is a brand new school and it may just be because that school offers better curriculum than maybe where LH lives. I think a lot of people's minds go straight to the mother is unfit, where sometimes that is not the case at all, IMO, it may have been what was best for GS educational future.

I've been trying to stay away from a certain social media platform today, cause man, there are some coo-coo for cocoa puffs stuff going on in those groups! Usually I am all for reading drama, but I feel a lot of them have lost sight about what is truly important. And that is finding GS.

I hope today is the day they can bring GS home.

Trying to put my thinking cap on. I would be surprised if she went north into Denver, if she were getting rid of a body. My senses tell me East. If I were doing something I shouldn't I feel like that's the direction I would head. MOO.
I’m thinking wherever she’s been before and water or desolate land with lots of scrub /rocks/ crevices
IMO

My heart breaks a little more not seeing he is found or an arrest was made this morning.

Now that I have FINALLY caught up, that's what I get for going to bed early fo once lol, here are a few thoughts I had:

Regarding custody. Just because the father has "primary" custody doesn't mean anything is "wrong" with the mother, IMO. Growing up our parents shared custody of all of us, when my dad got a job on the other side of the country it was decided I would "live" with him and visit my mother during school breaks. The area my father moved to had a better school and more educational opportunities. The school GS attends is a brand new school and it may just be because that school offers better curriculum than maybe where LH lives. I think a lot of people's minds go straight to the mother is unfit, where sometimes that is not the case at all, IMO, it may have been what was best for GS educational future.

I've been trying to stay away from a certain social media platform today, cause man, there are some coo-coo for cocoa puffs stuff going on in those groups! Usually I am all for reading drama, but I feel a lot of them have lost sight about what is truly important. And that is finding GS.

I hope today is the day they can bring GS home.

One of those groups has gone Private.

Good morning, all. I'm new-ish here, so please bear with me. I think this was mentioned, but it keeps nagging at me, so I wondered what you all thought. What's been haunting me is the worry that release of the surveillance video by media really screwed up the investigation. Do you think if neighbor hadn't talked to media and media hadn't released video--if it had all been kept under wraps--we might have a possible confession or arrest because she'd have cracked? If investigators had been able to suddenly spring it on her, as per Chris Watts? I fear that the neighbor's interviews combined with media release of video gave her time to come up with another story (ie she took him for a drive for some fresh air, dropped him near a friend's, etc.) I just wish neighbor hadn't talked to media and media hadn't released video; I honestly think that's more of a hindrance to LE than the social media rumors. MOO

While I'm here, another fear: could CSI returning to house so often be a bad sign, in terms of them maybe not having actually found anything?

Please please please not another Kyron Horman.

MOO

The impression I get is That the SM has already lawyered up so I don't think they will be springing anything on her from anywhere.
I suspect when it happens they will only approach when they have enough for an arrest. Then it will be straight to county until its time for the bail hearing then back to jail until the case is heard in 6 months or whatever. I don't think we will hear a thing after the suspect is picked up. Except to say they have them.

Did anyone catch KDLR news last night? They had a whole segment about this case but they also interviewed the LE spokesperson. Saw it last night but can’t seem to find it now.

NewsWatch 12@KDRV

1h
Gannon Stauch would tell his mother jokes every day and was learning how to code before he vanished from his Colorado home last week, his family said.

What does learning how to code mean?

Long, loooong time lurker here. :) ETA: it says I'm a new member, but I have been lurking here for years. Don't know why it says I'm new. Maybe I had to create a new account bc I haven't been here in so long? Jonbenet and Caylee cases brought me here. As well as Rebecca Zahau.)
I take this to mean he was learning how to code for computer programs/software/games. My 12 year old (who Gannon reminds me so much of--which is why I'm following this one so closely) loves gaming and coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie