Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg I thought the same thing when I first saw him - food can be a form of abuse too I just cannot stand how these children are anything other than cherished - it still stuns next every single time
JMO

And, exposing other children to that type of behavior is abusive to them. I wonder about the other child in the house, the daughter of LS. No doubt CPS is investigating this situation.

Probably in discussion with her father, she is still a child, under age 18, so if police want to talk to her, LS, her mother could stop that. But, her father could allow it, if they have joint legal custody.

I don't think any animals (those on 4 legs and with fur) attacked him. I do worry about animal scavengers.

It's a possibility that definitely could complicate a search, but I wouldn't expect it to be a major factor this time of year in such a short time span. The local animals most likely to scavenge just aren't that active right now or numerous.

In the photos posted of Gannon -- he looks very thin.
Wonder if step monster was depriving him of food when dad was away ?

Micro preemies are just naturally tiny. My son is just like Gannon, born as a micro preemie. I feed him as much as he can eat, I even give him pediasure to help him gain weight, but he's still skinny.

Gannon's sister is old enough to be able to tell investigators about abuse etc. Seems like there wasn't any as there's no arrest for that, or maybe there's no evidence if it was just him and he's not there to tell the tale.

I feel like the more we hear about things in the investigation, the less there is to go on.

What if LS is telling the truth at least that she didn't do anything directly to harm him? The only thing I can come up with then is negligence on one particular day when no one else was around to see it. No pattern of abuse or poor treatment. Just a one-time thing that got out of hand and she panicked. And she's defensive enough about everything that she can't admit to it.

Without hearing of more neighbor footage, we can safely assume that her leaving with him and coming back alone is the last time he was in that house. Never returned, didn't go to a friend's house without her knowing. The neighbor would have seen it on his camera, right? So we at least know she is lying about that one thing??

This is all I can think about lately. I have an 11-year-old daughter and they are just still SO young. Relatively helpless out there in the world alone due to their size and youthfulness, and he seemed smaller (because he was born premature I guess).

Do you guys have wolves too?

I haven't heard of any sightings near this area. There have been sightings in Colorado, and in the region, but the closest I have heard of are about 30-40 miles away, and even those weren't verified by Parks and Wildlife as wolves. Those were just folks we knew through our vet who had spotted what they think were wolves but could possibly have been very large coyotes or other large canines that looked wolf-like. The only verified wolf sightings I've heard of are quite a ways away in North-Western Colorado.

Last edited:
We had coyote warnings at my daughters school so it has been an issue. I'm north of Denver though. Springs is about a 1.5 hour drive but they are rampant and we have had a school lockdown due to them
School locked down because of coyotes? Do the animals have rabies? I grew up in the mountains surrounded by bears, coyotes, lions and now wolves. Coyotes rarely attack people unless they are rabid or injured.

It's a possibility that definitely could complicate a search, but I wouldn't expect it to be a major factor this time of year in such a short time span. The local animals most likely to scavenge just aren't that active right now or numerous.
You should hear the nightly yipping of coyotes we have across our street. It's very chilling. So they're out there, especially prairie land where new homes just keep popping up and where prairie dogs are being removed. We're literally taking their food from their homes and not getting the memo to them before we do it.

Last edited:
When I heard LS interview, my first thought was that there is no way she kept the bitterness she felt about having “that boy” for two years to herself. She had to have complained to his dad about him. I wonder if he has said anything to LE about how she treated Gannon. Do we know why mom gave them up two years ago?

I have a feeling she didn't bring her phone. Might have felt couldn't be tracked without phone. MOO

Can be just as circumstantially incriminating the other way. If someone is always active on her phone but it just so happens to be oddly, uncharacteristically off for, say, four hours on a particular Monday, that would speak volumes.

JMO

Our focus and goal is to find Gannon and bring him home safely. We continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. We have received 280 tips to date, and we continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in. bit.ly/2usp6kh #FindGannon

EPCSheriff on Twitter

February 6, 2020
“On February 6, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and partners continued our search focused in the area of Lorson Ranch. Over 100 volunteer partners, 4 of our Mounted Unit members, and 3 Search and Rescue canines assisted in today's search efforts. Part of this investigation lead us to search this area initially on February 1st, this secondary search was conducted with additional equipment and technology we did not have previously. Our focus and our goal is to find Gannon and bring him home safely.

We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him home safely.

Our partners in our search and investigation efforts are:
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support, FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, and VOAD.

The Sheriff's Office has received 280 tips to date, and we continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in.

Follow our social media platforms but do not use it as a tool to report any tips or information on this case. If you have any information as it relates to Gannon's case, please call the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.

MR 20-025“
Sheriff's Office Update on the Gannon Stauch Case

When I heard LS interview, my first thought was that there is no way she kept the bitterness she felt about having “that boy” for two years to herself. She had to have complained to his dad about him. I wonder if he has said anything to LE about how she treated Gannon. Do we know why mom gave them up two years ago?
Been following for 2 days I did view LS interview. She sounded very put upon taking care of a child that was not hers. IMO I can't understand saying what she said in that interview. A child is missing, a child that belongs to someone you "love" and married. A child that has lived w you for 2 years. It's ok to have those thoughts, being resentful we don't know the circumstances, but to voice them when the said child is still missing is horrid. IMO same w/ the Watts case. He wasn't frantic, out of his mind w a missing wife/kids, even on the verge of divorce, that behavior isn't normal.

I wonder what day/date and time the search on the phone was made? Was it before or after he was reported missing?I am sure LE already knows that answer. Maybe that was a after thought and she did it after reporting him missing at 3pm instead of before he disappeared?jmo

Last edited:
OLIVIA PRENTZEL olivia.prentzel@gazette.com
Feb 6, 2020
2 hrs ago
“The search for Gannon Stauch, an 11-year-old boy who has been missing for more than a week, has moved from appeals for leads to his whereabouts to checking bodies of water near his Lorson Ranch home, authorities said Thursday.

A ‘remote-operated vehicle with sonar and video’ will be used to retrieve evidence from a small pond near the boy’s home, according to a tweet by Colorado Parks and Wildlife. CPW's Marine Evidence Recovery Team, which routinely assists searches for missing people and evidence, provided the vehicle after receiving ‘a mutual aid request’ from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, the tweet said.

The device will be used to look for ‘key pieces’ in the boy’s disappearance and does not suggest that investigators suspect Gannon is no longer alive, said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office.

‘It’s not an indicator that we are searching for him in an unfortunate capacity of him being possibly dead. At this time, we have the hope that he is alive,’ Mynatt said.

Mynatt also said the use of the device is not in response to new information regarding Gannon.

On Thursday, searchers continued combing the area surrounding the home where Gannon lives with his father and stepmother. More than 100 volunteers, four deputies on horseback and three dog teams searched the area near Powers Boulevard and Bradley Road, spanning a 1½-mile radius, Mynatt said.

Initially, searchers spread out over a five-mile area near Lorson Ranch, but some places could not be searched without specialized equipment like the underwater device, she said.

Mynatt said she has no ‘specifics’ on what evidence the device is being used for.

‘We came back to the area to ensure we have 100% covered it and we didn’t miss anything,’ she said. No divers are being used in the search, she added.

Gannon was last seen Jan. 27 by his stepmother, Letecia Stauch, who told investigators the boy was headed to a friend’s house and didn't return home. Since his disappearance, the Sheriff’s Office has devoted 2,500 hours of manpower searching for him, according to a news release this week.

Still, there is no criminal investigation and no arrests have been made, Mynatt said.

‘This is fluid, it could change any minute of the day,’ she said.

[SBM]”
Much more at the link:
Gannon Stauch: Search for missing Colorado Springs-area boy, 11, moves to nearby pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member