OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote below is from an article I just read. It isn't related to the Rhoden/Gilley murders, but it is about members of a family in Texas who murdered their stepmother/grandmother because of sheer greed. She had what none of them could have on their own, so they just decided to eliminate her and take it. Sound familiar?

I bolded the portion of the paragraph that struck me the most profoundly. Sounds so much like the W4:

Why hadn’t Bruce and Carl just waited? The question reverberated across living rooms, cafes, and hair salons around San Saba. Bonnie was ill, after all; they would have come into their inheritance soon enough. “She might have lived two years, or maybe five—but where is he now?” said Les Dawson, referring to Bruce and his future behind bars. Local columnist Lindy Lieban Schulz voiced the collective unease. “Our world has changed, and many people in it have become motivated by greed and grown up with a sense of entitlement,” she wrote in the News & Star on April 5. “Humans lose their hearts, their souls, and their ability to act like anything other than monsters.”

A Tree Is Known By Its Fruit - Texas Monthly - Pocket

Thanks for sharing. It appears some pages are missing but from what I could see with a quick look at dates is that a lot of trace evidence (at least from these pages) was at the beginning of August 2018. The outlier being May 2016 which could have been the boot impressions or tire marks at the scene.
That would be right after or during the GJury but before the well search. I wonder what was searched at that time.
I wonder if placing the dates in these discovery documents next to known searches would reveal a good bit of info as to where some of the DNA, Trace, etc came from if you fast forward the comparison to 2017 and beyond. Prior to that would be a challenge. Just a curiosity...

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ation/Laboratory-Division/Trace-Evidence-Unit

JMO, What if the BCI got the Rhodens DNA off the gun suppression that was retrieved from the WELl,JMO

The quote below is from an article I just read. It isn't related to the Rhoden/Gilley murders, but it is about members of a family in Texas who murdered their stepmother/grandmother because of sheer greed. She had what none of them could have on their own, so they just decided to eliminate her and take it. Sound familiar?

I bolded the portion of the paragraph that struck me the most profoundly. Sounds so much like the W4:

Why hadn’t Bruce and Carl just waited? The question reverberated across living rooms, cafes, and hair salons around San Saba. Bonnie was ill, after all; they would have come into their inheritance soon enough. “She might have lived two years, or maybe five—but where is he now?” said Les Dawson, referring to Bruce and his future behind bars. Local columnist Lindy Lieban Schulz voiced the collective unease. “Our world has changed, and many people in it have become motivated by greed and grown up with a sense of entitlement,” she wrote in the News & Star on April 5. “Humans lose their hearts, their souls, and their ability to act like anything other than monsters.”

Interesting. This case will be one for the record book because a family was killed over a custody battle for a young child. In this case, the killers were from a family that was somewhat wealthy and influential in the county. They killed 8 members of a family who were poor, hard working people, just because they didn't want to share custody of a child with them.

Ain't that America!

Possibly attorney/client privilege issues?

I'm sure those files will be dealt with at some future date. For now, they're not part of the Rhoden/Gilley murder investigation or trials. As Gov. Mike DeWine said, all the people responsible for the murders of the 7 Rhodens and Hannah Gilley have been arrested, charged and are in the process of being tried. There are no other killers besides the ones charged.

It's entirely possible in the future other charges will be brought for other crimes not related to the murders. It will be interesting to see what happens after the killers are brought to justice. For now, this thread focuses on the killers of the Rhodens & Hannah Gilley.

Thank you so much for sharing this story! It reminds me of a story from Kentucky.

Sounds like some people we know

Interesting. This case will be one for the record book because a family was killed over a custody battle for a young child. In this case, the killers were from a family that was somewhat wealthy and influential in the county. They killed 8 members of a family who were poor, hard working people, just because they didn't want to share custody of a child with them.

Ain't that America!

And no matter whose story it is, whose murder it is, it all boils done to one thing.....greed. So sad that lives are destroyed over something so petty.

In the last Journal Entry dated 12/13/19 for EJW, the Court ordered the Defendant's "Substantive" motions to be filed by 1/31/19.

Nothing has been filed yet, and Jake has court Monday, 10th, at 1:30. Can we guess they'll go in and ask for "another" extension? Lol

H
In the last Journal Entry dated 12/13/19 for EJW, the Court ordered the Defendant's "Substantive" motions to be filed by 1/31/19.

Nothing has been filed yet, and Jake has court Monday, 10th, at 1:30. Can we guess they'll go in and ask for "another" extension? Lol
is attorney will ask for another extension, JMO

Hey Sleuthers how come everything we read about the evidence it always list George Wagners tattoo as evidence and in the same article it always refers to the dad as Billy Wagner, which Wagner has the tattoo, does Billy or does George iv have the tattoo evidence??????

Hey Sleuthers how come everything we read about the evidence it always list George Wagners tattoo as evidence and in the same article it always refers to the dad as Billy Wagner, which Wagner has the tattoo, does Billy or does George iv have the tattoo evidence??????

My opinion, suspicions, theory.

Definitely Billy, but maybe George IV too.
I have an idea there could have been conversation about the scorpion tattoo with the person who did the tattoo. Could be interesting.

Wondering who may have done the tattooing.

No fact to back this, just what connecting local dots caused me to suspect since the moment I saw the Scorpion tatt.
No accusation as being a tattoo artist is a legitimate business.

I believe there was an individual arrested along with 23 others, in one of the big drug busts (the one where the guy inside prison (Smith) was running drug operation from prison) in the general Southern Ohio area in early July of 2017. Along with some other recognizable names, there was a tattoo artist.

Yes, good point.
I saw something else that could be interesting in the journal entry for EJW last hearing in Dec. 2019.
Something about defense is waiting for discoverable evidence, documents, information from prosecutor regarding the last search of Flying W and also the PLEA DEAL of Rita.
My suspicion, prosecutor does not want to readily give up that info.
I did not see this language/request in the entries of any of the other defendants.

I assumed the W4 were always planning to move to Alaska.

There are 2 other properties listed in discovery in 2 different states.

Were they really planning on moving to Alaska or was that a decoy?

They would have known that they would have had to give paperwork to get SW thru Canadian customs. Risky!

Were the 2 other locations their main plans that fell apart?

It seems that AW posted in many SM groups prior to leaving Ohio.

Was she just claiming to look for housing, jobs etc in Alaska when they were really set on living in one of the 2 states that AW never mentioned .

They are underhanded and conniving and I believe the W4 would try to mislead the police.

Does anyone have any information on the 2 other properties or thoughts about this?

Yes, good point.
I saw something else that could be interesting in the journal entry for EJW last hearing in Dec. 2019.
Something about defense is waiting for discoverable evidence, documents, information from prosecutor regarding the last search of Flying W and also the PLEA DEAL of Rita.
My suspicion, prosecutor does not want to readily give up that info.
I did not see this language/request in the entries of any of the other defendants.
I read that also and none of the 3 Wagners has anything listed about that search on Flying W Farm In November in their court dockets information, JMO

I assumed the W4 were always planning to move to Alaska.

There are 2 other properties listed in discovery in 2 different states.

Were they really planning on moving to Alaska or was that a decoy?

They would have known that they would have had to give paperwork to get SW thru Canadian customs. Risky!

Were the 2 other locations their main plans that fell apart?

It seems that AW posted in many SM groups prior to leaving Ohio.

Was she just claiming to look for housing, jobs etc in Alaska when they were really set on living in one of the 2 states that AW never mentioned .

They are underhanded and conniving and I believe the W4 would try to mislead the police.

Does anyone have any information on the 2 other properties or thoughts about this?
OB
That is why I keep thinking that the Wagners rental in Alaska was thru BCI, because it was really cheap, Angela made a commitment about it on her FB before it disappeared, also BCI could have had the whole mobile home wired with surveillance equipment, that’s how they played the Wagners thru news reports to come back to Ohio, JMO
I really believe that BCI got to Alaska before the Wagners and rented the house out from the owner, than they re-rented to the Wagners without any of the Wagners having a clue what the BCI had did, the BCI probably listen for months at all the conversations the Wagners where having and I bet they was very paranoid of what was going to be their next step to stay out of jail, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa